ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn is the equivalent of a batter in mlb

UConn tends to be scared of Cuse. Not sure if memories of their ass kickings come to mind or what the deal is. It would be weird for a UConn fan who begged to be our rival for decades to say it’s not a rivalry though.

Behold delusion.

The question is....are our new UConn friends going to stick around or will we next see them when UConn wins the 2033 title?

The question is....are our new UConn friends going to stick around or will we next see them when UConn wins the 2033 title?

I've been here longer than just about anyone else here under one name or another. Not sure why it would matter either way though.

Reactions: forsh_21
Give the UConn fans a minute. You guys will see what they’re about.

It's the craziest stat in sports history considering the fullness of the sport from 1900-Now = Uconn is mid tier team with 5 titles , insane

I like this baseball analogy. They either hit a 500ft dinger or strikeout swinging against a position player coming in to pitch in a blowout, fall down, and poop their pants a little.

It’s incomprehensible to understand the level of insanity that someone would need to have to actually say this.

Its fine, I get the hate, especially after what Jim did the last few years to their program. I hope the new fella can revive things for them.

It’s incomprehensible to understand the level of insanity that someone would need to have to actually say this.
You’re trying too hard. I’m sorry Syracuse is your daddy.

Congrats on the titles!

I've been here longer than just about anyone else here under one name or another. Not sure why it would matter either way though.

Bandwagoning/fairweather fandom is usually frowned upon where I come from.

Weird that a supposed rabid fanbase has no regular presence on here.

Weird that you dont think we are rabid simply because of a lack of presence on this website. Rivals has never been and likely never will be our main place to chat hoops. We have had our own board for years that is quite heavily trafficked. Started on the old Scout network back in the day and then moved to its own thing a few years back. There used to be a few around back when this was actually a pay board for those that remember.

I forget when but about 6-7 years ago all uconn fans left rivals. The-boneyard.com is as lively as any homeboard of any passionate large fan base.

I forget when but about 6-7 years ago all uconn fans left rivals. The-boneyard.com is as lively as any homeboard of any passionate large fan base.
2nd only to Syracusefan.

For those who don’t know, boneyard and Syracusefan are brother message boards.

Passionate fanbases. It makes the trash talk fun.

2nd only to Syracusefan.

For those who don’t know, boneyard and Syracusefan are brother message boards.

Passionate fanbases. It makes the trash talk fun.

Doesn't Temery run both?

Weird that you dont think we are rabid simply because of a lack of presence on this website. Rivals has never been and likely never will be our main place to chat hoops. We have had our own board for years that is quite heavily trafficked. Started on the old Scout network back in the day and then moved to its own thing a few years back. There used to be a few around back when this was actually a pay board for those that remember.

If you're going to describe the fanbase as rabid, I'd at least expect SOME presence here. There are 6,000 Kentucky regulars and 0 UConn regulars. Despite 5 titles in 25 years. You don't think that says something?

There's a good representation of every other major program except UCLA. And we know the UCLA fanbase is anything but "rabid."

So there was a mass exodus when they had back to back losing seasons.

I definitely retract the fairweather statement. 😆

So there was a mass exodus when they had back to back losing seasons.

I definitely retract the fairweather statement. 😆

No. The-boneyard was on rivals and then the entire website moved to its own site not affiliated with rivals and all posters followed the switch to the new website.

But yes I would agree that the fan base is modestly fair weather but so is pretty much everyone’s.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
They didn't have the benefit of playing in the B-12 for the last 15 years and getting overseeded.
Half those teams wouldn’t have finished in the upper half of the Big XII. UCONN is an anomaly of statistics. There must always be an outlier. Gonzaga is the outlier at the other end.

Reactions: mtsuhog85
Half those teams wouldn’t have finished in the upper half of the Big XII. UCONN is an anomaly of statistics. There must always be an outlier. Gonzaga is the outlier at the other end.
Big 12 this year, 5 years ago, or 10 years ago. Because there's a big difference.

10 years ago, the big12 was garbage

What I find weird is usually the quality of their opponent in the championship game.

For example, I just looked at UNCs championships. Here is the opponents seed.

Here is uconns.

Fortuitous.

Duke

Kansas
Unknown

It is definitely weird how every time UConn is in the final four, the other side of the bracket seems to be chaos.

ADVERTISEMENT