ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers '18/'19

A few more guys leaving:

Isiah Jasey, Texas A&M
Peace Ilegomah, Pittsburgh
Arinze Chidom, Washington State

Jasey might be a decent backup big for someone next year.

Reactions: KisteK
I was hoping for a couple transfers.....nada.

Going to be a long winter getting our asses kicked all over the Big 12.

Pretty rare, I'd say. Seen a few times with grad transfers - Caleb Albrecht to Purdue via Michigan, and Cam Johnson to UNC via Pitt. Not sure I can remember one off the top of my head that sat out for a year, though. Not counting Mike Gbinije since Syracuse was in the Big East when MG sat out.
IU picked up Max Biefeldt (sp) in 2015 from Michigan. Dan Dakich son transferred from Michigan to Ohio state last year.

Damn, just now realized Michigan is involved in these things a lot. Any idea why @hailtoyourvictor? If Beilin was known as a coach with a temp this would have been a huge issue.

Of course this isn't this year, but I took it as you asking for examples of it ever happening?

Reactions: dukedevilz
IU picked up Max Biefeldt (sp) in 2015 from Michigan. Dan Dakich son transferred from Michigan to Ohio state last year.

Damn, just now realized Michigan is involved in these things a lot. Any idea why @hailtoyourvictor? If Beilin was known as a coach with a temp this would have been a huge issue.

Of course this isn't this year, but I took it as you asking for examples of it ever happening?

Probably because he does a lot of local/midwest recruiting and anyone leaving for their 5th year doesn't really have NBA aspirations so they don't have to pick up and move cross country for 1 year of basketball. Bielfeldt was from Illinois, Albrecht from Indiana, Dakich from Indiana.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Probably because he does a lot of local/midwest recruiting and anyone leaving for their 5th year doesn't really have NBA aspirations so they don't have to pick up and move cross country for 1 year of basketball. Bielfeldt was from Illinois, Albrecht from Indiana, Dakich from Indiana.
I completely forgot about Spike..
But I can understand him because didn't he have multiple missed seasons from injuries to his knees, or hips?

I completely forgot about Spike..
But I can understand him because didn't he have multiple missed seasons from injuries to his knees, or hips?

Yeah, when healthy he was a great backup guard. I think he was a shell of himself at Purdue because of the nagging injury.

Zwsz
Yeah, when healthy he was a great backup guard. I think he was a shell of himself at Purdue because of the nagging injury.
Yeah, I always felt really bad for him. I don't think he got as raw of a deal as Hummel did at Purdue with the injuries, but if I remember correctly, it wasn't that far off.

Zwsz

Yeah, I always felt really bad for him. I don't think he got as raw of a deal as Hummel did at Purdue with the injuries, but if I remember correctly, it wasn't that far off.

Albrecht's weren't as bad as LeVerts. Albrecht got 3 full seasons and then missed 1 before transferring. Caris LeVert was by far our best player in 2014/15 and got injured midway through the season. He returned for his senior year and was putting up All-American type numbers (16-5-5) and got hurt midway through the season again. Sucked for LeVert. Really sucked for Michigan.

IU was also involved with two others off the top of my head from the RMK days. Lawrence Funderburke transferred to OSU. Can't forget Luke Recker either, but he transferred to Az first, before finishing at Iowa. The first player I remember was Brad Sellers, who went from Wisconsin to OSU back in the 80's.

ADVERTISEMENT