ADVERTISEMENT

Toughest coaches to prepare for

No one gives a shit about basketball in August. KYS.
giphy.gif

COACH VOTES
Tom Izzo, Michigan State 16%
Tony Bennett, Virginia 14%
Chris Beard, Texas Tech 11%
Kermit Davis, Ole Miss 5%
Matt Painter, Purdue 4%
Kelvin Sampson, Houston 4%
Mark Few, Gonzaga 4%
Mike Krzyzewski, Duke 4%

I would prefer Kentucky to meet MSU, UVA, Texas Tech, Ole Miss, Purdue, Houson and Gonzaga twenty times before they have to meet Duke.

This is simply stupid.

Articles like this are crazy. Holy crap.

Well no shit. I would want to avoid any team that beat my team by 34 points too.

Still trying to figure out why BoardtheFaggTrain came to a CBB board to keep people from talking CBB.

Your list is missing a few... mostly losses to Duke Laughing

In the Champions Classic, MSU is 2-1 vs Kansas, 1-1 vs Kentucky, 0-3 vs Duke.

MSU beat UK in the 2005 F4 run, the game before or after they beat Duke - can't remember the order, just remember it was the same weekend I believe. UK game was crazy and went to 2OT I think? Kid named Sparks hit a buzzer beater 3 to go to OT, but his foot may have been on the line.

Last 2 games vs Kansas were losses; Champions Classic last year and 2017 NCAAT, but prior 3 were wins; 2015 Champions Class, 2012 Champions Class, 2009 NCAAT

As for UNC, 2017 was the last meeting and MSU won, but had lost the prior 7 games in a row dating back to the 2005 Final Four. Then MSU won in 2000 and 1999.

So pretty terrible against UNC and Duke, but 7-7 overall against Kansas and 7-5 against UK. All-time (not just Izzo), from this link:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/michigan-state/head-to-head.html
MSU is 11-13 against UK all-time, but Izzo is 5-3 (4 of the wins being against Tubby).

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT