ADVERTISEMENT

Top teams of the decade

....lots of winning, though. Titles are tough to come by.

For sure. Never would I have imagined that UVA would have a top 5 team of the year, let alone a top 5 team of the decade.

2010 and maybe 2011 KU would be able to hold their own against any team on this list but I don’t have a problem with them being omitted. There were some really good teams this decade.

2013 was a great squad of ours, but 2014 was just as good imo.

Our 2012 team was better than 2015. Also better than 2018 Villanova.

Not sure I would have our 2010 team in the top 5. Maybe the most talented but also had the most obvious weakness. 2013 U of L should be higher IMO.

Reactions: UL_1986
Our 2012 team was better than 2015. Also better than 2018 Villanova.

Not sure I would have our 2010 team in the top 5. Maybe the most talented but also had the most obvious weakness. 2013 U of L should be higher IMO.

No team in that period has been as dominant as 2018 Nova. I agree with the ranking.

I’d probably rank 12 Kentucky over 15 though.

No team in that period has been as dominant as 2018 Nova. I agree with the ranking.

I'm a tad biased but to me, 2012 Kentucky was better than 18 Nova. 5-0 against the final four field that year, 2 loses by a combined 8 points. Davis would have been the best player on the floor for either team and it wouldn't be close.

They were dominant in the NCAA tourney for sure. But they had 4 losses in the regular season and all were to unranked teams.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I'm a tad biased but to me, 2012 Kentucky was better than 18 Nova. 5-0 against the final four field that year, 2 loses by a combined 8 points. Davis would have been the best player on the floor for either team and it wouldn't be close.

Those losses were to IU and Vandy though.

Of course Davis would have been the best player on the floor.

Those losses were to IU and Vandy though.

Of course Davis would have been the best player on the floor.
Vandy was not a great loss but I fully believe it helped fuel our NCAA run. I remember watching that game, we looked completely disinterested and Vandy wanted it bad. Not an excuse, just what I remember. IU was ranked a good portion of that year and a sweet sixteen team, before losing to us. That wasn't a bad loss at all.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Vandy was not a great loss but I fully believe it helped fuel our NCAA run. I remember watching that game, we looked completely disinterested and Vandy wanted it bad. Not an excuse, just what I remember. IU was ranked a good portion of that year and a sweet sixteen team, before losing to us. That wasn't a bad loss at all.

That's how I feel about UVA's loss to FSU in the ACC tourney this past year. Not that it was a bad loss but that it refocused us for the stretch run.

ADVERTISEMENT