ADVERTISEMENT

Top Basketball Venues

Allen and Cameron are the two I have to make it to.

Places like Dean and Rupp seem great for huge rivalry games or top 10 games, but the tradition doesn’t mean much to me vs. game experience and both places seem flat out dead for most games on TV.

I can't even get the link to load.

Stoopid Travel Channel..

You guys can practice putting each other in a sleeper hold . . .

520a140cd486a045b0dfcd4fece60b17.jpg
Don’t be jelly. There’s always room for a 3rd.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
I've been to AFH for a Marquee matchup against Missouri....and I've been there for a middle of January game against some no care school like Navy...The atmosphere is always the same. 16K rabid fans that go crazy during runs, lose it on dunks, and are always there to chant for the inevitable win. The concourses are an amazing tribute to College Basketball's history and you get to check out the rules of the game in the Debruce center attached to the fieldhouse. Its always rocking and always a party. It should definitely be on any true CBB fan bucket list

Reactions: KisteK
I've been to AFH for a Marquee matchup against Missouri....and I've been there for a middle of January game against some no care school like Navy...The atmosphere is always the same. 16K rabid fans that go crazy during runs, lose it on dunks, and are always there to chant for the inevitable win. The concourses are an amazing tribute to College Basketball's history and you get to check out the rules of the game in the Debruce center attached to the fieldhouse. Its always rocking and always a party. It should definitely be on any true CBB fan bucket list

I'll tell you there is a difference between a high level KU opponent coming to AFH and a low level middle of December team. The low level middle of December game is still lit but a high level team coming to AFH is incredible. The crowd is still amazing. The only few times I've seen the AFH crowd not be their normal selves are the 11 am starts against teams KU is expect to handle. Those tend to be tough for the crowd to wake up compared to AFH normal standards.

Duke plays in a high school gym, so a Duke fan does not know shit about basketball facilities.

Duke could fill up a 100,000 seat facility but choose to play in a little gym.

Duke doesn't even fill up Cameron all the time so they most definitely would have the same issues with huge gyms as most teams.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Depends on if youre rating just the arena atmosphere or if you're rating the destination as a whole.

City wise, probably not a better environment on gameday wherever you go watering hole wise than Lexington. But unless it's a big opponent the atmosphere in Rupp sucks.

Most stadiums are different for big games than they are for crappy OOC games. Like I said, KU is really only exception and the atmosphere there is still probably different.

Depends on if youre rating just the arena atmosphere or if you're rating the destination as a whole.

City wise, probably not a better environment on gameday wherever you go watering hole wise than Lexington. But unless it's a big opponent the atmosphere in Rupp sucks.
Lawrence is much better on game day as is Allen fieldhouse

AFH honestly doesn't come close to the atmosphere of 10-15 years ago (on a regular basis), yet it's still as good or better than anywhere.

It used to be out of control. Deafening start to finish for any quality opponent.

Reactions: Ole3putt
Honestly once they changed how you get seats for season tickets holders to cater to the wealthy. It’s gone from unbelievable environment to just ok sometimes. Still no arguing it’s the best but ya long term guys understand what it was like years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT