ADVERTISEMENT

This years champ will be worst in last 20 years

i didn’t say it had little to no value. It has value but you fanboys that think it’s absolute gospel are hilarious. Winning is all that matters. Douche nerds can’t track being clutch and having heart though...

True.

PoisedFarawayBrownbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

But how would Auburn know?

You are bragging about a come back win verses North Carolina? Unc is absolute dog shit this year. Congrats though I guess....

I was pointing out how Duke went +13 in four minutes with Carey out of the game. And unlike you, I would take an avatar bet to win 2 NCAA games even if we lost our best player. Not entirely convinced that Okoro is more important than Doughty, though.

hahaha at bringing a knife to a gun fight. I wasn't sure fans could top the flakiness of S Carolina fans, but I commend you all. You are the kings of snowflakes.

Football is king dude. uK football brings in more revenue than uk basketball. UK has gotten very rich off the backs of the SEC football without really contributing. Basketball would be the knife here.

Ok. I see the double dribble now. I remember all of this.

I am in the @AuHoosier420 camp on this one that the refs blew it at the end but I also understand that plays like that get missed all the time. It's just part of the game. I'm sure we could find a half dozen missed calls that did go Auburn's way in that game.

Nope. Clearly, there was only one missed call in that game.

Also, there are other angles that show Jerome was fouled before the double dribble anyways.

Football is king dude. uK football brings in more revenue than uk basketball. UK has gotten very rich off the backs of the SEC football without really contributing. Basketball would be the knife here.
Don't be ridiculous. Don't you know Kentucky basketball is literally on the radio everywhere in the world and has been since 1933?

OK, I'll bite.Give me a KU theme restaurant from anywhere outside the US.
I have no idea seeing how I've never sought it out. I do know that there's a KU themed bar in Fort Worth and Chicago. Atleast there was 10+ years ago.

The American university lore where people are really into the sports and gamedays and such is pretty unique to this country. It's not surprising at all that people from other countries come to school here and love it so much that they take home part of those memories and traditions.

You are going to see signs and evidence of it everywhere. I saw Oklahoma stuff all over a coffee shop in Budapest when I was there in 2017. I have no doubt that I saw more of other colleges but being from OK, that really stuck out to me.

Can I get some video of this Auburn-Virginia ending? I don't really remember what happened that was so controversial.
I have it on bluray and gave a copy to Mossy. He can tell you all about the game.

Auburn should not have been in the final four to start with.:(

Last edited:
Here's the funny part. You say that winning is all that matters. UVA won because they were clutch and had great heart too. I am sure Auburn has gotten plenty of calls in these close games this year that helped them win. I doubt you will admit that. The difference is no one is watching your stupid ****ing games to bitch about it.
Against Kentucky they only got 44 free throws. This week against Alabama they only got 38 free throws.

Auburn lives off of a good whistle. Once they get out of the rigged SEC that good whistle goes away and they will have to win a game on talent.

Sorry Auburn, but the truth hurts.

Reactions: jhmossy

UK girl's volleyball brings in more money than Auburn men's basketball :), so what is your point pencil head? Hell Auburn basketball, I will bet, is a losing sport.

UK men's basketball brings in more money than any school in the sport. Suck on that and don't go google revenue for college basketball because the Kentucky basketball numbers are based on real accounting principles, not some fake accounting where the University picks up none of the costs.

If you don't believe me go try to buy a UK season basketball ticket. Good luck.

Last edited:
Don't be ridiculous. Don't you know Kentucky basketball is literally on the radio everywhere in the world and has been since 1933?
UK basketball has a very large exposure. It began about 1933. UK basketball is famous for the same reason that Nashville, TN WSM's country music is famous. The clear channels got to a lot of the U.S.

How did you know? Are you aware of the clear channel laws?

You make fun, but radio made UK what it is today. Folks all over the U.S. could listen to the Kentucky wildcats and the Grand Ole Opry. Rupp catered to the post game shows and he recruited kids to come to UK via radio and early TV.

UK basketball has a very large exposure. It began about 1933. UK basketball is famous for the same reason that Nashville, TN WSM's country music is famous. The clear channels got to a lot of the U.S.

You make fun, but radio made UK what it is today. Folks all over the U.S. could listen to the Kentucky wildcats and the Grand Ole Opry. Rupp catered to the post game shows and he recruited kids to come to UK via radio and early TV.
I know nothing of radio and clear channel laws.

Do you have an article about Kentucky’s history and the radio that you can link?

I know nothing of radio and clear channel laws.

Do you have an article about Kentucky’s history and the radio that you can link?
Why should I do that? Go find out for yourself.

I am an old man and I understand life before ESPN. Radio in my childhood was important to keep up with sports and music.

That is what makes radio so important. Many of my UK friends still watch TV and listen to the radio. Most have a radio delay so they can delay the radio voice to sync up with TV. That way they do not have to listen to Dukie Vitale call a Kentucky game.

It works.

Don't worry. Kansas never had a clear channel station. The rules still apply.

Some night turn on your am radio, if you have one, and you can pick up stations like WSM (650), WSR (710), WGN (720), WHAS (840) beware that is the Kentucky station, WWL (870) LSU channel and many others. By the way WSM the Grand Ole Opry station also transmitted Vanderbilt basketball except on Saturday night. WHAS and WCKY transmitted UK all games!

https://www.oldradio.com/archives/stations/ccs.htm

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Here's the funny part. You say that winning is all that matters. UVA won because they were clutch and had great heart too. I am sure Auburn has gotten plenty of calls in these close games this year that helped them win. I doubt you will admit that. The difference is no one is watching your stupid ****ing games to bitch about it.
They had heart? You are such a boy. Fanboy on the lawn. On the grounds.

Hi Trout!!! How are you.

But you are still a trout!

i think kens rankings are good to look at for gambling purposes. He just doesn’t value winning enough to be taken seriously for much else though

So how do you think this works, exactly? Auburn rates low (relative to record) in KenPom (for all the reasons already stated), and would be an underdog to the teams above it because gambling lines track KenPom. There are then two, and only two, possible conclusions:
  1. Auburn is, in fact, worse than the teams above it; or
  2. Gamblers like to lose money.
Hmm...

Reactions: ExitFlagger
So how do you think this works, exactly? Auburn rates low (relative to record) in KenPom (for all the reasons already stated), and would be an underdog to the teams above it because gambling lines track KenPom. There are then two, and only two, possible conclusions:
  1. Auburn is, in fact, worse than the teams above it; or
  2. Gamblers like to lose money.
Hmm...

RollLaughRollLaugh

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Being the worst champion in over 20 years is a tough burden but I'd like for UK to take on that mantle. I'll accept #9 even if its in a year where everyone is azz.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
ADVERTISEMENT