ADVERTISEMENT

There’s only one #1 league

He called the AAC a major conference. 😆
AAC been solid over last few years actually with Cincy, SMU, Houston and Wichita State.

to me it’s a almost a power conference. If they added Boise State and BYU then it would be.

Opinion: The Pac-12 is no longer worthy of its nickname - The State Press

Imagine being this proud of your biggest rivals
You would be proud of this accomplishment too if the school you rooted for had never won a national championship in any NCAA sanctioned sport. They aren't the only school that shares that shitty distinction though. Miss State and Va Tech are with them.

You would be proud of this accomplishment too if the school you rooted for had never won a national championship in any NCAA sanctioned sport. They aren't the only school that shares that shitty distinction though. Miss State and Va Tech are with them.

cool story and nice jab. Kstate has a couple elite 8’s and league titles in the last ten years. We’ve played our part plenty in football and basketball. Thanks for the shots fired tho.

This article was about the big 12 tho. And how it’s top dog in b-ball right now. Kstate is in the big 12 and carries its weight just fine thank you.

cool story and nice jab. Kstate has a couple elite 8’s and league titles in the last ten years. We’ve played our part plenty in football and basketball. Thanks for the shots fired tho.

This article was about the big 12 tho. And how it’s top dog in b-ball right now. Kstate is in the big 12 and carries its weight just fine thank you.
RollLaugh RollLaugh RollLaugh

Dumb ranking is dumb. Whichever team that wins the title, the conference is magically elevated as a whole? Sorry high tides don't elevate rocks on the sea floor.

read it tho. Beyond the Baylor natty....Big 12:

- 4 of 5 last final fours presence. Unmatched by anyone else. Would have been 5 of 6 by KU or Baylor last year. All different teams too. That’s the trick. Tech was a last second away from winning the last natty also.
- #1 in draft prospects
- #1 in kenpom and Rpi 7 of last 9 years
- #1 in average net minus bottom two teams

This is 100% legit. Facts.

could it change quickly? Sure. But the best league right now is the XII.

big 10 right there. And now pac climbing up. ACC could jump right back very quickly to being the king but with Roy gone, Boeheim retiring when his son leaves I bet, and Louisville mediocre again who knows? K will retire soon as well

Reactions: KisteK
SEC needs to step up their game.

sec is fine. It’s a very good league. Just not the top dog right now. You could even argue sec was third this year. A close fourth at worst.

could argue in that 2007-2014 window with Florida way up and Kentucky with cal’s first few years, Tennessee and Pearl, etc it was right there. However, it’s probably better than ever top to bottom right now tho. It’s a tough ass league.

bama
Auburn
Tennessee
Georgia (yes Georgia??)

All getting to peak levels historically

Kentucky is kentucky

Frank martin is still at at SoCar

Florida and LSU both decent

read it tho. Beyond the Baylor natty....Big 12:

- 4 of 5 last final fours presence. Unmatched by anyone else. Would have been 5 of 6 by KU or Baylor last year. All different teams too. That’s the trick. Tech was a last second away from winning the last natty also.
- #1 in draft prospects
- #1 in kenpom and Rpi 7 of last 9 years
- #1 in average net minus bottom two teams

This is 100% legit. Facts.

could it change quickly? Sure. But the best league right now is the XII.

big 10 right there. And now pac climbing up. ACC could jump right back very quickly to being the king but with Roy gone, Boeheim retiring when his son leaves I bet, and Louisville mediocre again who knows? K will retire soon as well

Outside of Baylor winning it this year the last time Big 12 won anything was 2008. Also playing that shoulda woulda coulda game is weak because everyone can do that.

But K State ..

Have to pick it up. I expect their basketball team to be better next year

K State hasn't beaten Texas in a single sport in well over 12 months.
Were swept in everything this year.

That purple magic is on OU now 🤣

it left when Snyder retired for good in both sports ;)

For OU it’s not just football. Lonnie Kruger never won in manhattan before retiring lol ! He’s a Kstate legend. I think he buckled every time playing in MHK

KState b-ball will be fine next year. If it’s not, then Weber is fired. Which many people already want Brad underwood to come home. Two elite 8’s and two league titles in last 10 years still holding our weight.

Last edited:
Outside of Baylor winning it this year the last time Big 12 won anything was 2008. Also playing that shoulda woulda coulda game is weak because everyone can do that.

this isn’t a “last 10 years” thing. This article was solely on the BEST league NOW. Big 12 is that is what cbs Is saying.

chill dude. Yes the ACC has more titles in last 10-15 years. It’s been the best b-ball league for sure. But not right now and the ACC will only weaken from here for points I made above.

incredible run tho this century with Duke having 3, UNC with 3 and UVA with theirs. 7 of the 21 national titles is impressive no doubt.

obviously Syracuse and UL were in different leagues then (big east) so can’t count those.

it left when Snyder retired for good in both sports ;)

For OU it’s not just football. Lonnie Kruger never won in manhattan before retiring lol ! He’s a Kstate legend. I think he buckled every time playing in MHK

KState b-ball will be fine next year. If it’s not, then Weber is fired. Which many people already want Brad underwood to come home. Two elite 8’s and two league titles in last 10 years still holding our weight.

One of the reasons he can say he is a HOF.
Had a winning record against Texas in his career.

This is a great video that explains the start of what he created.

They stay with a basketball coach. K State makes great hires for their basketball program

Weber had the team peaking at the end of the year.
Haven't fully looked at their roster.

Next year can be a down in the Big 12.

Going to help a few teams.
Baylor, Kansas, Texas and Oklahoma State

TCU or K State can get into the tournament.
TCU will be a threat in the Big 12 pretty soon.

Last edited:
We can see the reason pretty quick.

Big 12 had two Final 4 coaches leave but 60% of the coaches in the conference have been to a FF still.

Moser said he wanted to be tested as a coach on a nightly basis.
Scott Drew finally went to his first FF.

Overall coaching.
You play Huggins, Beard and Self all twice a year.
You will get better as a coach or will find another job.

We can see the reason pretty quick.

Big 12 had two Final 4 coaches leave but 60% of the coaches in the conference have been to a FF still.

Moser said he wanted to be tested as a coach on a nightly basis.
Scott Drew finally went to his first FF.

Overall coaching.
You play Huggins, Beard and Self all twice a year.
You will get better as a coach or will find another job.

texas going to be a force from here. High Talent and resources + beard = lethal

beard I’ve been saying is best coach in America for years

Some K State fans know UT Pan American because that is where they hired Lon Kruger from.
Lew Hill the Kruger assistant who passed away was coaching there this year.
Now known at UTRGV.

That is where Mark Adams was at. That is where he failed.
Couldn't even get them out of last place for I believe 5-6 seasons.

I don't see how you hire a failed mid major coach.
Just crazy. Some of their fans actually think he is the guy who won.

Some K State fans know UT Pan American because that is where they hired Lon Kruger from.
Lew Hill the Kruger assistant who passed away was coaching there this year.
Now known at UTRGV.

That is where Mark Adams was at. That is where he failed.
Couldn't even get them out of last place for I believe 5-6 seasons.

I don't see how you hire a failed mid major coach.
Just crazy. Some of their fans actually think he is the guy who won.
I'm pretty sure they just view him as someone who was important for installing their defensive schemes and making in-game adjustments. One thing was clear...Beard was pissed that he wouldn't join him. He's won 15 Coach of the Year awards at lower levels. I'm guessing the guy knows a little about the game.

At one point, Beard said something along the lines of "he's the best coach in America that people don't know." Calipari made a similar comment about Payne. What happened when Payne left? 9-16 happened.

ADVERTISEMENT