ADVERTISEMENT

The Most Overrated NBA Player

Overrated:
Carmelo, Issiah Thomas, Draymond Green, Kevin Love, D Cousins, Wiggins

Underrated:
DeRozan, Julius Randle, Rudy Gobert, Rubio, Steven Adams, Oladipo, Aldridge

**Yes, I watch the NBA throughout the year, every year, obviously including the playoffs.

Gotta include Drummond. He puts up empty stats. He doesn’t defend and can’t be on the floor in crunch time.

Throw in his many All Star awards, years leading the league in rebounds, and 3 Defensive Player of the Year honors and you'd think he'd be destined to make the HOF. Just shows how misleading records can be.
D12 is a top 10 player this century. How is he overrated?

Gotta include Drummond. He puts up empty stats. He doesn’t defend and can’t be on the floor in crunch time.
He did improve his FT shooting drastically this past season. I get that it was so bad it had nowhere to go but up. But going from a 39% ft shooter to a 61% ft shooter in 1 season makes me wonder how much better can he get?

He did improve his FT shooting drastically this past season. I get that it was so bad it had nowhere to go but up. But going from a 39% ft shooter to a 61% ft shooter in 1 season makes me wonder how much better can he get?
I don't understand this at all no matter who it is. I haven't played basketball in over 15 years and I'm pretty sure I could knock down 7/10 from the charity strip right now.

I don't understand this at all no matter who it is. I haven't played basketball in over 15 years and I'm pretty sure I could knock down 7/10 from the charity strip right now.

I’ll avatar bet you on that and we have to do it livestreamed

Harder than you think when you are running up and down the floor for 30 minutes a game. We tested this theory with my adult league team couple years ago. We shot 63% as a team and barely over 50% in the 4th quarter. That was over the entire season , we got worse the longer we played. We shot something like 70% in the 1st half's. Plus we would tend to shoot more FT's in the 4th quarter because teams would foul us to try and catch up a lot of games. We also pressed alot and ran more than 80% of the teams in the league. I know it's not the same as the NBA. But it was interesting to see after the season when our stat guy compiled the numbers.

Reactions: tw3301
Harder than you think when you are running up and down the floor for 30 minutes a game. We tested this theory with my adult league team couple years ago. We shot 63% as a team and barely over 50% in the 4th quarter. That was over the entire season , we got worse the longer we played. We shot something like 70% in the 1st half's. Plus we would tend to shoot more FT's in the 4th quarter because teams would foul us to try and catch up a lot of games. We also pressed alot and ran more than 80% of the teams in the league. I know it's not the same as the NBA. But it was interesting to see after the season when our stat guy compiled the numbers.
This makes sense, but you still shot better than 39%.

Didn’t say they were. I’m saying I but you hit less than 7 out of 10. Let’s do this. Live a little.
I'm not live streaming anything, don't want to crash the Rivals servers when word gets out and all the ladies pile in. I will try it some time soon and report the results. It will probably be 6/10.

D12 is a top 10 player this century. How is he overrated?
By totally fading in the last 4 years and living off the reputation forged in the earlier part of his career.

Also, do you mean top 10 player of those whose careers started this century. Otherwise, I'd disagree. For instance, do you think Dwight or Kevin Garnett has accomplished more this century?

By totally fading in the last 4 years and living off the reputation forged in the earlier part of his career.

Also, do you mean top 10 player of those whose careers started this century. Otherwise, I'd disagree. For instance, do you think Dwight or Kevin Garnett has accomplished more this century?
Just the 10 best NBA players since 2000...

1. LeBron James
2. Tim Duncan
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Shaquille O'Neal
5. Dwyane Wade
6. Kevin Garnett
7. Dwight Howard
8. Chris Paul
9. Dirk Nowitzki
10. Kevin Durant

Stephen Curry, James Harden and Russell Westbrook are knocking on the doorstep.

Jimmy Butler should definitely be in the team photo for this "award." The Bulls tried to make him the face of their franchise, smartly realized their mistake and traded him, and will be better for that. His game 5 stats against Houston were 8 points, 5 assists, and 5 rebounds...that's coming up small.
Agree, but he was coming off a serious injury. Dude was out for 2 months

Overrated:
Carmelo, Issiah Thomas, Draymond Green, Kevin Love, D Cousins, Wiggins

Underrated:
DeRozan, Julius Randle, Rudy Gobert, Rubio, Steven Adams, Oladipo, Aldridge

**Yes, I watch the NBA throughout the year, every year, obviously including the playoffs.
I think you accidentally put Draymond on overrated and not underrated.

I think both of the Pistons big men should be up there. Griffin is no longer a top 5 PF, yet the world is convinced he is. And I completely agree with @hailtoyourvictor, Drummond puts up empty stats and isn’t that good.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Just the 10 best NBA players since 2000...

1. LeBron James
2. Tim Duncan
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Shaquille O'Neal
5. Dwyane Wade
6. Kevin Garnett
7. Dwight Howard
8. Chris Paul
9. Dirk Nowitzki
10. Kevin Durant

Stephen Curry, James Harden and Russell Westbrook are knocking on the doorstep.
I'd take all your honorable mentions as well as Kidd, Nash, Allen, Gasol, and Pierce over Howard.

Embiid has a chance to creep into that top 5 with Simmons in a few years. Philly will be scary health cooperating of course.

Overrated Wall & Westbrook. Hate saying Wall, even as a KU fan I'm a big Wall fan. He still can flip that. Westbrook unreal stats but doesbt produce wins.

It's just hard to tell with embiid until he can be consistently healthy now that he has the supporting cast.

ADVERTISEMENT