ADVERTISEMENT

The “All Things UK” Thread

That was an egregious miss on not giving them the TO there. It wouldn't have mattered but still kind of embarrassing for an officiating crew.

I really like UK's shooting ability. I think when they get all of their players back they will be really dangerous.

Some big shots by Mitchell. Saint Josephs has battled back multiple times when I thought they were out though. We'll see if they can do it again.

They were all getting beat on switches all night. Led to a lot of open 3s and layups. Not to mention they got abused on the glass.

Yep. Number one priority in practice should be learning to not leave shooters. We let them shoot wide open threes all night. Glad we pulled out the win though. Close games help you learn more than blowouts. It was nice to see DJ have a pretty good game as well. He still had a few hero ball plays but he was better.

UK 53 on D on kenpom
happy-gilmore.gif

Wagner was impressive during this game. Great defense, and great driving and kicks sure he missed some shots at the rim but who doesn't? He was clutch. Basically what I was expecting from his coming in. We don't win without him in this game.

We have to stop comparing which players should be playing and pitting them against each other and the fans from the local media. I had to just stop visiting X after a bit during the game. Every run they made the couch coaches aka local media talking heads came out of the woodwork and it turned out to be the right call from Cal. UK local media knows very little, it shows.

I get Reed is a local hero, but he can't play every minute and needs a few-minute breaks. Plus he was giving up lane drives. I'm a huge fan but he's not the great white hope. We have to have players like Wagner, Dillinghand, Reeves and Edwards playing minutes while we're short-handed.

If one does well against some players and others aren't then we have backups. They don't have to have stellar games.

We have a stable of guard play, we just have a big other than Mitchell.

Last edited:
Holy shit, he gets more steals than any other player!
Exactly.

He got beat off the bounce a few times, but I don't know if I've ever seen a player score zero points and end up with a +/- score of +16. That wasn't the first time that happened either.

When he is on the bench, UK is a little lost, he comes in and UK immediately surges.

I think UK is the most interesting team this season
It’s definitely a very intriguing team, that’s for sure.

-Will the 7 footers make them better, or change all the cool things they do now?

-Will Edwards ever figure it out?

-Will Wagner become the player his frame and athletesism says he should be?

-Will Dillingham plateau, or keep getting better?

-Will Shappard plateau, or continue to change games like he does?

I'm very critical of Cal, but when it comes to point guards with NBA pedigree, that guy is good. I think he is going to make Wagner/Shep/Dillingham an incredible backcourt.

I'm not sure Edwards will be the guy we were led to believe until he is 2 or 3 years into his NBA career.

I think the 7 footers are going to struggle for a long time, they are so far behind right now.

Other teams that are very interesting to me: UCLA, Duke, Houston and UConn.

UConn could repeat, they run damn good stuff that is really hard to guard. Kudos to Hurley.

UCLA has dudes… serious dudes.

Houston plays extremely hard and tough, you don't want to play that team, especially after adding Cryer.

Duke has NBA talent and an intelligent HC.

But one thing I've always noticed, the teams that shoot hard out of the gate, usually peter out before March, the talented teams with veterans, usually turn it on at the end. Michigan State is the king of the latter.

It’s definitely a very intriguing team, that’s for sure.

-Will the 7 footers make them better, or change all the cool things they do now?

-Will Edwards ever figure it out? No

-Will Wagner become the player his frame and athletesism says he should be? Not this year

-Will Dillingham plateau, or keep getting better?

-Will Shappard plateau, or continue to change games like he does?

I'm very critical of Cal, but when it comes to point guards with NBA pedigree, that guy is good. I think he is going to make Wagner/Shep/Dillingham an incredible backcourt. High highs and low lows

I'm not sure Edwards will be the guy we were led to believe until he is 2 or 3 years into his NBA career. I agree

I think the 7 footers are going to struggle for a long time, they are so far behind right now. Concur

Other teams that are very interesting to me: UCLA, Duke, Houston and UConn. I agree on 2. The other 2 are meh

UConn could repeat, they run damn good stuff that is really hard to guard. Kudos to Hurley. Unfortunately I agree

UCLA has dudes… serious dudes. They're fun and their conference is mid

Houston plays extremely hard and tough, you don't want to play that team, especially after adding Cryer. Disagree

Duke has NBA talent and an intelligent HC. Hard disagree

But one thing I've always noticed, the teams that shoot hard out of the gate, usually peter out before March, the talented teams with veterans, usually turn it on at the end. Michigan State is the king of the latter. I expect MSU to be a good team by march, especially with how bad the B1G is
I can answer my opinions

Reactions: kyjeff1
You could be right, but as a UK fan, I hope this team is hot at the right time. That’s what it all boils down to, you have to be clicking right at tournament time.
We've all basically minimized the whole season.

Regular season is just practice with some bragging rights mixed in.

Man, you're exhausing. You interpret everything in a way to just be argumentative, that’s the only way I can describe it for you.

You'll probably twist this post somehow too.
This I agree with. Exhausting and annoying.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I was hoping for an OT. I really wanted to see how this team handled it. They did good. Cal's team development philosophy has changed so much this year. Usually the focus early was on defense. Not this year. He's wanting this team to run and score. Plus getting DJ and Edwards more involved in the right ways. He even mentioned he's not worried about defense, primarily down the stretch, and that will be addressed during Camp Cal.

Thiero and Bradshaw will share time at the 4. Moving Edwards playing more at the 3, his natural position.

I read somewhere that the NCAA's decision on Big Z is due on the 26th. It will be interesting if Z or Bradshaw will play some minutes against Miami.

118 pts how do you like those fumvcking apples woooo
When the 3's fall, they're electric. Dillingham and Wagner are getting noticably better each game.

Need to get the defense figured out, but getting Bradshaw back could be the key.

Hopefully everyone stays injury free from here on out.

Also, I like what Cal is doing with this team. He's playing the guys that deserve to play and he's letting them loose on offense.

He leads the team in steals...Arguably one of their better on ball defenders.

We have really good on ball defenders (Reed, DJ, and Dilly are all pretty tough) but our PNR defense and help defense is not that good IMO. We leave shooters to help when there's no reason too. Hopefully they get better as the season goes on. If not, well this team can score... so maybe we'll just be able to out-shoot teams lol.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
ADVERTISEMENT