The “All Things UK” Thread

Rupp Rafters is brought up a lot.

GDVd43YXEAAnkif

Maybe the billboard worked.

420223970-828965992608654-4695473585273381757-n.jpg

Big Z is free boys! Saddle the fvck up!
Made my day.

Made my day!

Crow tastes so good. I have been saying he would be passed over like Enis Kanter.

I want my crow cooked well done.

Now can someone tell me why this could not have happened in October?

On the atmosphere of Rupp …

“A few times it got about as loud as it gets in college basketball. It was incredibly loud. When a big fella [Zvonimir Ivisic] comes into the game, a guy who hasn’t played all year, and makes a couple of shots, those were unique moments. I noticed the fans who were anticipating his [Zvonimir Ivisic] ability to contribute to the team made it especially loud out there. We didn’t handle all those adversities out there as well as we need to in order to stay within striking distance.”

On if you expected Zvonimir Ivisic to be cleared by the NCAA to play tonight…

“We read it, probably like everyone else did, and we gathered some film in a hurry. We knew he was very talented and skilled player but to anticipate him coming in and firing from the deep immediately with the confidence level that he did was something we did not see coming.”

In 1998 I was 13 years old and even being a die hard AU basketball fan (we sucked ass the majority of my life but were good the next year when cliff cheated) my favorite player was Jeff Sheppard. Dude could straight out ball. His son is better, kid can flat out play.

In 1998 I was 13 years old and even being a die hard AU basketball fan (we sucked ass the majority of my life but were good the next year when cliff cheated) my favorite player was Jeff Sheppard. Dude could straight out ball. His son is better, kid can flat out play.
I know UK fans care more about cutting down nets, but some teams are just fun to watch no matter what happens. This is one of them.

I know UK fans care more about cutting down nets, but some teams are just fun to watch no matter what happens. This is one of them.
I hope they can improve in three areas, defense against the high pick and roll, shut down the back door cuts, and defensive rebounding. If they do that, look for a really fun run. 😎

I hope they can improve in three areas, defense against the high pick and roll, shut down the back door cuts, and defensive rebounding. If they do that, look for a really fun run. 😎
Yeah, their defense can improve. I think once they got up 20+ it just became more about showtime, hopefully. Those inlet passes under the basket are frustrating. Happens every game.

UK's defense has improved, but 2 things happened last night.

1) they got up 28 points and did what freshmen do, they resorted to lazy playground ball and acted like Georgia was just going to give up. They didn't.

2) UGA runs really great screen action, in particular, in the paint. They use it to screen off your bigs and they use it on inbounds plays. UK defended the live play ball screen action well for 3/4 of the game (UGA ate the cats up all game on inbounds plays), but that last 10 minutes, was tough to watch.

They desperately need to defend the officials better:

Here are the SEC games yesterday with the ft's taken. Dud:

HometeamVisiting teamHomeVisiting
ft'sft's
KentuckyGeorgia
17​
35​
TennesseeAlabama
25​
24​
AuburnOle Miss
11​
18​
Miss StateVandy
22​
18​
LSUTA&M
10​
20​
ArkansasSouth Carolina
16​
17​
MissouriFlorida
21​
29​

UK's defense has improved, but 2 things happened last night.

1) they got up 28 points and did what freshmen do, they resorted to lazy playground ball and acted like Georgia was just going to give up. They didn't.

2) UGA runs really great screen action, in particular, in the paint. They use it to screen off your bigs and they use it on inbounds plays. UK defended the live play ball screen action well for 3/4 of the game (UGA ate the cats up all game on inbounds plays), but that last 10 minutes, was tough to watch.
I'm surprised UK players weren't taking shots in the last 10 minutes. They all but quit and ready to celebrate.

I'm curious to see the history of a team scoring 60+ in a half in Rupp.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT