ADVERTISEMENT

That time Tayshaun Prince dominated UNC

"He's got the puppies set off the bus" Favorite Rafferty moment.

I roommated with a guy who was a huge UNC fan. We watched that game at Hooters on Richmond Rd. When he hit that fifth 3, my friend threw his UNC hat on the floor. I "accidentally" stepped on it

Before this thread turns into a shit show. It is crazy to see a guy hit 5 three's on 5 consecutive possessions.

I feel like Luke Hancock and Spike Albrecht did something similar in the same national championship game. Both stretches of scoring were unreal.

You mean the series UK leads 9-8 since Y2K? Errrr, wait.... are we allowed to go back later in history if it benefits your argument? IDK how this works.
tenor.gif

Reactions: 3skinny
Not sure I would be pumping up Tayshaun too much. I mean, he did that against a UNC team that won 8 games. They were just a very bad team that year. Duke beat Carolina by 29 on the road in 2002.

In all seriousness, from what remember they cancelled it because they were going to end up playing anyway. Then the idea was to renew it after that but Cal thought for a young team their schedule was already too loaded with some of the other games they had (which could be true for sure). I know Cal has mentioned before that with a young team he definitely wants a balance of challenges and games they can grow with while also winning. I think it is probably smart and has worked for him. Obviously neither coach is scared of the game. Once the ACC goes to 20 games I do fear UNC will lose out on some of those OOC matchups because of revenue.

In all seriousness, from what remember they cancelled it because they were going to end up playing anyway. Then the idea was to renew it after that but Cal thought for a young team their schedule was already too loaded with some of the other games they had (which could be true for sure). I know Cal has mentioned before that with a young team he definitely wants a balance of challenges and games they can grow with while also winning. I think it is probably smart and has worked for him. Obviously neither coach is scared of the game. Once the ACC goes to 20 games I do fear UNC will lose out on some of those OOC matchups because of revenue.
Correct except it was never cancelled. The contract was for 10 games. It was never renewed because of that classic UNC plays UK in.

Reactions: 3skinny
I was there and it was crazy when Davis block Henson! The look on Roys face was priceless. I bet he didn’t have a coke or moon pie for days after that late game play call he made.Laughing
What was priceless was watching Luke Maye outplay Kentucky's one and dones. Being there in Memphis with all those Kentucky fans made it even better.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
I'm not going to lie, I hope Higgins does do another UK/UNC game at some point and actually does favor UNC. Like, for real too, not just in bluegrass make-believe land. I would never have wanted something like that but at this point would think it to be awesome.

I'm not going to lie, I hope Higgins does do another UK/UNC game at some point and actually does favor UNC. Like, for real too, not just in bluegrass make-believe land. I would never have wanted something like that but at this point would think it to be awesome.

Higgins will never officiate another UK game. We won that battle.

ADVERTISEMENT