ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech vs. Virginia

Crums Bald Spot

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2001
Obviously Auburn and Sparty could easily win their FF matchups but the thought of TT vs. Virginia in the championship makes me cringe.

I think it would set offensive basketball back about 70 years.

I don't see where we are some offensively inept team. Other than a few weeks in January, we have been extremely good offensively, as well as defensive. I would be interested to see where we rank from the Kansas loss on, because that is when our team came alive and started this run.

Yes, a game between the 2nd most efficient offence in the country and the 30th most efficient would set offensive basketball back 70 years. Smh.

In my mind, this Final Four is the complete opposite of what a lot of people are saying. I think it's a victory for basketball. Or at least the basketball I enjoy. These teams are here (especially Virginia IMO, but definitely Texas Tech and MSU as well) because they are excellent, fundamentally sound basketball teams that are well organized, skilled, and defend like hell. Try watching the way Virginia hedges hard on the high ball screen and then how everyone else on the court shades towards the roll man until the hedger recovers. Try watching how they move off the ball on offence and read screens. These things are fascinating to watch, and even though a lot of people would prefer to watch a team with no semblance of structure run up and down the court at a million miles an hour throwing alleyoops, these things do not set basketball back 70 years. If you want those other things go watch the product they try to pawn off as basketball in the NBA.

Yes, a game between the 2nd most efficient offence in the country and the 30th most efficient would set offensive basketball back 70 years. Smh.

In my mind, this Final Four is the complete opposite of what a lot of people are saying. I think it's a victory for basketball. Or at least the basketball I enjoy. These teams are here (especially Virginia IMO, but definitely Texas Tech and MSU as well) because they are excellent, fundamentally sound basketball teams that are well organized, skilled, and defend like hell. Try watching the way Virginia hedges hard on the high ball screen and then how everyone else on the court shades towards the roll man until the hedger recovers. Try watching how they move off the ball on offence and read screens. These things are fascinating to watch, and even though a lot of people would prefer to watch a team with no semblance of structure run up and down the court at a million miles an hour throwing alleyoops, these things do not set basketball back 70 years. If you want those other things go watch the product they try to pawn off as basketball in the NBA.
I agree with parts of your post, but the best offensive AND defensive basketball being played in the world is by the NBA. They are so athletic, they make it look easy at times.

all the teams left besides auburn are top 10 in defense. defense travels and wins games. Auburn is amazing to watch but planning on hitting 15 3pts a game to win isn't something that usually goes on forever.

Reactions: CDNCBBFan
We gave the world Patrick Mahomes could you just suffer through a few Texas Tech basketball games?

We don't play any defense in football and people complain. We play defense in basketball people complain.

Full disclosure - loved watching TTU under the Pirate and then the Play Boy.

How do you guys feel about Wells?

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
Full disclosure - loved watching TTU under the Pirate and then the Play Boy.

How do you guys feel about Wells?

i think we are all just wait and see. so far so good though.

in my opinion, we really need to recruit better. Kliff was terrible at it and we had depth issues his entire tenure because of it.

We gave the world Patrick Mahomes could you just suffer through a few Texas Tech basketball games?

We don't play any defense in football and people complain. We play defense in basketball people complain.

I was on the Mahomes bandwagon long before the Chiefs drafted him. He’s even better than I expected. Probably has a SB ring if Dee Ford doesn’t make a pop warner mistake. Couldn’t believe it.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
all the teams left besides auburn are top 10 in defense. defense travels and wins games. Auburn is amazing to watch but planning on hitting 15 3pts a game to win isn't something that usually goes on forever.

Yeah they didn't beat Kentucky going 7-23.

Reactions: olsonab

Auburn only made 7 of 23 threes against UK and is in the top 5 in the nation in steals, forcing turnovers, turnover margin, etc. There’s a lot of misnomers about this AU team.

Team defense is the reason we’ve won 12 straight...

Remember, Auburn gives up a ton more possessions than most. If you look at defense by possession we are very highly rated. Quick offense doesnt translate to great defensive numbers.

Reactions: nettlegettle
ADVERTISEMENT