ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech to hire Mark Adams as new HC.

Doesn't matter what either of us think. Matters what recruits and transfers think.

I live in Fort Bend County anyway. SW of Houston..

But Lubbock cannot match Austin. I know this, you know this, Chris Beard knows this and most importantly recuits know this

The city itself is the center of recruiting in all sports

• Haha
Reactions: Sectornaut
Doesn't matter what either of us think. Matters what recruits and transfers think.

But Lubbock cannot match Austin. I know this, you know this, Chris Beard knows this and most importantly recuits know this

Sure, it’s prettier, and easy to recruit to, but what has that done for UT lately? You act as if recruiting was a problem at Tech, it wasn’t.

Because, coming from a town and school that has homeless people everywhere, filth all over the streets, tent cities and the worst of woke culture (see your fight song situation) is the Mecca of civilization? Get over it.

None of us Tech fans secretly want to be UT fans and vice-versa. So, take your pious, overbearing, elitist down talking and tell it to people who care.
In the words of my high school guidance counselor, "get your grades up or get your guns up!"

LOL at that video.

Congrats on winning 1 out of 3 in Austin last weekend.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Mark Adams probably could Recruit to Austin

But Lubbock..

Only time he had a D1 coaching job he was fired after 5 years. Now at 65 he has a P5 job.

Hard to recruit to that. This idea that you can remove the credit for success from Beard's resume and give it to Adams isn't believed by most.

There is a difference between being an assistant and being the head coach.

But Lubbock..

Only time he had a D1 coaching job he was fired after 5 years. Now at 65 he has a P5 job.

Hard to recruit to that. This idea that you can remove the credit for success from Beard's resume and give it to Adams isn't believed by most.

Well clearly it’s something you are worried about otherwise why keep bringing it up?

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The chance that Adams is better than Beard is unlikely and even if that is the case don't you think he could find another Mark Adams.
Wasn't pure luck that he wanted Adams in Little Rock.

Beard is going to win and bring energy. Just matters to what level.

Baylor wants to play ball.
Tech should be just happy that Texas is bringing their name out in the state.

We could be talking about Texas vs Baylor.
Lol, damn you were just full of gems. Gotta feel bad knowing you got the raw end of this deal.

But Lubbock..

I guarantee this asshole doesn’t show up in this thread, lmfao

RIP Texas tech b-ball

undertaker-coffin.gif

Eat shit

All that sand in your brain has altered your reality.
Nothing wrong with that but your coach is trying to gain recruiting momentum.

We will see how it ends up. Texas took your recruit and then bring in two players who can play this year. Tech counters that with a JUCO recruit who probably was backdoored by USC.
But somehow it is Tech who is kicking out starters for KJ Allen.

You aren't competiting with Texas. Maybe in your mind...
😂 Jesus this dude , how many Ls you taking in one thread ?
-Tyson back to Tech
-How’s Techs roster now without Shannon for a month ?

Reactions: FiscalKliff

But Lubbock..

Blahahahahahaha

We told you, again. Lol

Your fanbase wants to push the narrative that it was Adams.
That Tech's success was because of Mark Adams.

The guy could do a great job there....But
Tech won because Chris Beard loves to win. All he cares about is winning.

Brings in people who are about that.

We don't know if Mark Adams can do that on this level.

NJCAA to Big 12 is a huge leap.

There aren't any Bob Huggins in the NJCAA
😂

Gutsy but the issue is that you are tying yourself with something that may not be true.

Mark Adams may not be this elite coach.

Truthfully Tech should have brought in someone who could keep the program going but you are too busy trying to shit on Chris Beard.
But you could destroy what Beard created in the process.
Who is destroying what now ?

I was wrong. Texas outdrew Texas Tech not 17 out of the last 20 years, but 16 out of the last 20.

Tech is first in numbers listed below
2020 - 14,057; 9,779
2019 - 12,098; 8,650
2018 - 10,739; 10,601
2017 - 9,026; 10,490
2016 - 8,284; 12,828
2015 - 6,623; 11,249
2014 - 7,656; 10,186
2013 - 7,853; 10,945
2012 - 8,665; 11,950
2011 - 8,513; 13,669
2010 - 9,290; 14,269
2009 - 9,493; 13,616
2008 - 7,163; 13,815
2007 - 10,010; 12,969
2006 - 7,279; 13,024
2005 - 10,314; 11,138
2004 - 9,731; 10,481
2003 - 9,942; 11,170
2002 - 13,743; 10,015
2001 - 9,081; 9,557
2000 - 10,546; 10,878

So Tech has outdrawn Texas in the last 20 years four times -- 3 years under Beard and one under Knight. Texas averaged 11,489 in home attendance the last 20 years. Tech averaged 9,528 over that same time period.

And of course Texas fans will never "take over" your arena. None of us want to travel to that shithole that's out in the middle of nowhere..
Bob Huggins thinks your home games are a joke and went on record to say so.

• Haha

Austin is so bad ass you can’t find a quad 1 win by January 11th.

OT, but found it.

Tennessee's Home Ticket Package

• In 1987, Tennessee completed the Thompson-Boling Arena for basketball. At a capacity of 24,535, it was designed to be a bigger venue than UK's Rupp Arena to the north. Unfortunately for the Volunteers, they were never able to come close to selling out the arena for men's basketball, even on good years. During the annual UK-UT game in Knoxville, Kentucky fans made good use of the vacant seats by buying up the extras. The sheer number of UK fans threatened to overtake the UT fans on-hand. In response to this embarrassing dilemma, the UT ticket office decided to do away with selling individual tickets for the UK game, instead bundling the ticket with 3 or 4 other games. This in effect forced UK fans to pay 3 or 4 times the amount of money just to see the UK game. Many UK fans took this offer, and donated the remaining tickets from the package to charity.

Reactions: TechFan88
ADVERTISEMENT