ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech to hire Mark Adams as new HC.

Mack Brown, Rick Barnes, Charlie Strong, Tom Herman, Shaka Smart... hero’s to zeros.

Speaking of narratives you didn’t seem high on Beard at TTU now he’s one of the best coaches in the country because Texas hired him?

Sorry we are not all talking up your hire. I know how you people crave attention. But we know his flaws now you get to discover them.

I’ll take the occasional dust storm over god awful traffic, encounters with the homeless, etc.

The first time he joked about how we fired the the shooting coach at halftime was funny. I never saw people run into each in Bob Knight’s motion offense.

So Beard pulled him out of the NJCAA level when he hired him to AR-Little Rock while he was director of Basketball Operations at Texas Tech?

Once again Chris Beard hired him...

The guy likes to win...
Great coaches hire great assistants. The chance that somehow Beard was riding off his coattails is probably the least of all possibilities.

Because why wasn't Tech winning those other years Mark Adams was there...

If it was all Adams.
Wouldn't you think that Adams would have won those other years when Chris Beard wasn't in Lubbock

Support winners...

Chris Beard knows that.

Same thing at Texas Tech. Their own fans who live in reality say that the first 10 games Beard was there they didn't have people show up.
They showed up when he started winning..

Ah so you’re a Baylor fan now?

Yup time to load up the schedule with bad teams start giving away pizzas to get more than a Mazda full of fans in the Erwin Center.

• Haha
Reactions: RedR8der4Life
Ah so you’re a Baylor fan now?

Yup time to load up the schedule with bad teams start giving away pizzas to get more than a Mazda full of fans in the Erwin Center.

????

You keep talking about a problem all basketball programs have in Texas.
When they aren't winning fans don't show up.

This has been the history throughout the state. Not just Texas but Tech as well

Once again Chris Beard hired him...

The guy likes to win...
Great coaches hire great assistants. The chance that somehow Beard was riding off his coattails is probably the least of all possibilities.

Bobby Knight hired Chris Beard from Seminole State Community College. Gerald Myers hired Bobby Knight. So without Texas Tech...

It’s a possibility and that is freaking you out.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
Bobby Knight hired Chris Beard from Seminole State Community College. Gerald Myers hired Bobby Knight. So without Texas Tech...

It’s a possibility and that is freaking you out.

But Chris Beard is overrated according to you.
So Bob Knight bringing him isn't a feather in his cap...

Regarding the rest.
Just matters how great this Mark Adams is...

The difference is that Beard is going from one Big 12 school to another.
Beard knows the league and isn't taking a huge step up in competition.

The risk factor with him is very small.

The risk factor for Tech is huge. Chris Beard just has to find another Mark Adams...

Unless of course you actually believe Adams is the Top 10 coach and not Chris Beard

I get it. You hate Chris Beard and you want this to be true.

But the chance of it being true is so small that I wouldn't bet on it. Your fanbase is pushing all the chips on that.

Coaches fail like Porter Moser who take a huge step up and leave their coaching staff behind. The chance of coaches who change schools in the same conference failing is very small.

Your choice.

He is facing pretty much the same coaches and teams that he has the last 5 years...Not a huge change for Chris Beard.

Unless he is so braindead that he doesn't pay attention to what is going on.
Just weird to say that he wouldn't pick up on what Mark Adams was doing if Adams was a great coach.

10335631-jpeg.jpg

As you can plainly see from this very REAL picture taken of our coaches in practice, Adams is the real mastermind. Just like you have been worried about. @SheriffBufordTJustice

Texas baseball......all the rage. I'll bet they pull at least a handful of attendees for big games. They'd better slow down before the basketball program gets jealous.

Just heard about Howard. There's a thread on the KU board called "Bye bye Snacks." Should tell you all you need to know about how respected he was.

Good ol' Texas. Always willing to pay more for far less results. 🤣
When Howard worked under Weber at Illinois he was the lead assistant in the Frank Kaminsky recruitiment. Kaminsky set up a morning workout for Snacks to come watch. The problem was that Howard got drunk the night before and slept through the whole workout. Pissed Frank and his parents off and the rest is history.

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
Good chance Tyson will ask out of his LOI.

If you look at his recent follows on Twitter. You see the story.

Just matters if Texas has space on him.
Because Beard has a chance with Anthony Black now...
Who is connected with Micah Peavy

I'm hopeful we can keep him now. But you never know. And the rumors are that Peavy is wanting to go to Michigan.

When Howard worked under Weber at Illinois he was the lead assistant in the Frank Kaminsky recruitiment. Kaminsky set up a morning workout for Snacks to come watch. The problem was that Howard got drunk the night before and slept through the whole workout. Pissed Frank and his parents off and the rest is history.

Heard plenty of similar stories from his time at KU. 🤣

He’s irresponsible and doesn't have a very impressive list of recruits. The top guy that he brought in was Cliff Alexander, who averaged 7 points at KU and played 8 games in the NBA before disappearing into obscurity.

He also gets credit for much of this year's roster, which was the weakest in the Self era.

Reactions: cmore79
I get it. You hate Chris Beard and you want this to be true.

But the chance of it being true is so small that I wouldn't bet on it. Your fanbase is pushing all the chips on that.

Coaches fail like Porter Moser who take a huge step up and leave their coaching staff behind. The chance of coaches who change schools in the same conference failing is very small.

Your choice.

He is facing pretty much the same coaches and teams that he has the last 5 years...Not a huge change for Chris Beard.

Unless he is so braindead that he doesn't pay attention to what is going on.
Just weird to say that he wouldn't pick up on what Mark Adams was doing if Adams was a great coach.
I get it you don't want it to be true. Because you don't want Beard to be like Shaka.

If it doesn't work out with Adams we can hire someone else in two seasons.

I like how you said Moser will fail because he didn't bring his whole coaching staff with him but say Beard won't. Its in conference so only bringing 1 assistant will be fine. Why hire all the recruiter assistants if Texas recruits itself?

Adams defense. Adams made the adjustments at halftime. Adams presided over the infamous kill drill in practice. Etc.

We will see.

Follows? So should I read into his Twitter likes as well?

I would have thought Texas would be filled by now with all these basketball players wanting to go there.

Love how Adams has gone from community college ball, to unknown assistant, to architect of a great defense, to now the actual tactician implementing halftime adjustments during the Beard tenure. Did Beard even work at TT?
He had to talk to the media at halftime and postgame. That can be a lot of work.

Love how Adams has gone from community college ball, to unknown assistant, to architect of a great defense, to now the actual tactician implementing halftime adjustments during the Beard tenure. Did Beard even work at TT?
Circa 2019.

Tech coach Chris Beard recently called Adams "the best coach I've ever known in basketball."

The Chicago Bulls reportedly pursued Adams shortly after the season to join their coaching staff, and he was named the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches assistant coach of the year for Division I.

We made him I believe the highest paid assistant coach in the country to keep him at Tech. Probably a good move though for him since Jim Boylen was fired pretty soon after.

Circa 2019.

Tech coach Chris Beard recently called Adams "the best coach I've ever known in basketball."

The Chicago Bulls reportedly pursued Adams shortly after the season to join their coaching staff, and he was named the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches assistant coach of the year for Division I.

We made him I believe the highest paid assistant coach in the country to keep him at Tech. Probably a good move though for him since Jim Boylen was fired pretty soon after.

Live look at Sheriff:

source.gif

Circa 2019.

Scratch my previous comment. He has now gone from community college ball, to unknown assistant, to architect of a great defense, to the actual tactician for the Beard era, to now simply the greatest coach ever known in basketball. Yes this thread will be revisited in a couple years one way or another.

Scratch my previous comment. He has now gone from community college ball, to unknown assistant, to architect of a great defense, to the actual tactician for the Beard era, to now simply the greatest coach ever known in basketball. Yes this thread will be revisited in a couple years one way or another.

Obviously it's not a coincidence that we only started hearing about this guy after Beard took the Texas job, but that doesn't mean he wasn't important to what they were doing. If he's actually the highest-paid assistant in the country, that says a lot. This is Texas Tech; not Duke.

I don't think it's pure coincidence that Kentucky fell off the map immediately after losing Payne.

I mean Chris Beard said it so we do have to take it with a grain of salt.

Adams was on the Jon Rothstein pod recently for those Texas Tech fans who may want to listen.

Only a small handful of hires are going to get universal approval ratings these days. The old guard of coaches are weeding out gradually. Some in their prime went to the NBA and they ain't returning any time soon. The pool of options is limited/dwindling.

We see programs reaching to assistants with limited exp, or former players with limited exp, or combo of both.

😂

He did ask out but they aren't releasing him.

I believe they are obligated to release him because of the coaching change.

Whatever happens he most likely will be eligible to play next year because of this
The NCAA will allow him to transfer without penalty.
He entered the portal. I'm guessing he ends up with you guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT