ADVERTISEMENT

Texas is straight trash

Jeff Goodman talked about Texas offering Bruce Pearl if Chris Beard says no...
Yeah not gonna happen with Pearl being possibly the second slimiest coach when it comes to recruiting in the country Chris Del Conte has Spoken VERY loudly about building a program “the right way”

He isn't right for Texas. No reason to trash the man's name.
Should get another job and maybe like Anthony Grant he could find success

Truthfully think DePaul is a great fit for Shaka

I’m not trashing anyone’s name. Just speaking facts. He hasn’t won an NCAAT game since 2013, despite ample talent. He’s averaged 16 losses a season at Texas.

Shaka had one brilliant two-week run at VCU with a team that barely made the tournament and has done very little since then.

Shaka can still kiss my ass for 2011. After Ohio St went down, KU should have breezed to the title.

With all of his resources at Texas, he’s beaten Self once since and it was a depleted team.

I’m not trashing anyone’s name. Just speaking facts. He hasn’t won an NCAAT game since 2013, despite ample talent. He’s averaged 16 losses a season at Texas.

Shaka had one brilliant two-week run at VCU with a team that barely made the tournament and has done very little since then.

Still a good coach.
We can get into all the issues with Smart at Texas.
Smart at VCU and Smart at Texas are two different coaches.

Good chance that if Smart gets another job he could win.

Most in the business believe Smart to be a good coach.

Texas teams with the most tournament wins from the past decade:

Baylor - 11
Texas Tech - 8
Texas A&M - 5
Houston - 3
SF Austin - 2
Texas - 2

giphy.gif

Still a good coach.
We can get into all the issues with Smart at Texas.
Smart at VCU and Smart at Texas are two different coaches.

Good chance that if Smart gets another job he could win.

Most in the business believe Smart to be a good coach.

Smart wasn’t even that great at VCU. The Rams accomplished just as much with Anthony Grant (meh coach) and actually were consistently better under Will Wade.

All Shaka did was have one great, two-week stretch.

Yeah not gonna happen with Pearl being possibly the second slimiest coach when it comes to recruiting in the country Chris Del Conte has Spoken VERY loudly about building a program “the right way”

lol

Is Texas back in the tourney conversation?

They have a few horrific losses that stand out, but also have a few good wins (WV, @ Purdue). 17-11. They've been pretty competitive with KU and Baylor.

The first Tech game was Texas Tech tightening up at the end of the game and Texas running the same 4 plays to finish it.

Beating them in Lubbock will be much more difficult.
Texas did lose Kai Jones during that game but they also had Jericho Sims who played a major role.

They pretty much have to win in Lubbock against a pissed off Tech team.
Beating a pissed off WVU team at home is one thing but I believe as of right now Tech is a little better than WVU
Mainly because of guard play.

We will see.
I will give Shaka a 15% chance to walk through hell and back.

The first Tech game was Texas Tech tightening up at the end of the game and Texas running the same 4 plays to finish it.

Beating them in Lubbock will be much more difficult.
Texas did lose Kai Jones during that game but they also had Jericho Sims who played a major role.

They pretty much have to win in Lubbock against a pissed off Tech team.
Beating a pissed off WVU team at home is one thing but I believe as of right now Tech is a little better than WVU
Mainly because of guard play.

We will see.
I will give Shaka a 15% chance to walk through hell and back.

I watched the game today, as bad WVU has been, TT does not look better. Texas finally playing like they should have been all year.

I wish WVU would go to only playing 7 or 8 players at most instead of trying to give minutes to 11 players. It's hard for players to get in a groove and get confidence going when they know Huggins will send their ass to the bench over one small mistake. It's no wonder Huggins coached teams have always had bad shooting percentages.

I watched the game today, as bad WVU has been, TT does not look better. Texas finally playing like they should have been all year.

I wish WVU would go to only playing 7 or 8 players at most instead of trying to give minutes to 11 players. It's hard for players to get in a groove and get confidence going when they know Huggins will send their ass to the bench over one small mistake. It's no wonder Huggins coached teams have always had bad shooting percentages.

WVU comes at you in waves.
They combine this with elite rebounding and defense.
While WVU shoots at a low percentage they hold teams to 39%
Like I said they are a Top 5 rebounding team especially on the offensive end.

Texas...
Their issues were rebounding. Seems like they as of right now have cleared this up.
But they still have horrible offensive sets at times.

But Texas is another team that wants to hold you under 60 points...
If they can get any type of offensive production and efficient scoring they can win some games.

ADVERTISEMENT