ADVERTISEMENT

Texas is straight trash

shaka can’t coach and I think guys quit on him. His gimmick defense doesn’t work in a real conference.

To be fair, he went away from HAVOC defense once he joined Texas- why I don't know, maybe he though the top recruits don't want to play that way...

To be fair, he went away from HAVOC defense once he joined Texas- why I don't know, maybe he though the top recruits don't want to play that way...

Because:
1) It doesn’t consistently work in big boy conferences with legit guard play.

2) The rules changed and part of it was specifically to get rid of clutching and grabbing away from the basket.

Because:
1) It doesn’t consistently work in big boy conferences with legit guard play.

2) The rules changed and part of it was specifically to get rid of clutching and grabbing away from the basket.

Solid points- though WVU also got got hit big with your second point defensively as well...

They ran barnes off for this.

Laughing

Barnes probably deserved to go. He squandered a lot of talent too, but he at least made the tournament. Shaka needs to go back to whatever shitty conference VCU is in.

Reactions: speedfrk
Barnes probably deserved to go. He squandered a lot of talent too, but he at least made the tournament. Shaka needs to go back to whatever shitty conference VCU is in.

yeah I can agree that is was probably time for barnes to go but you don’t dump your attractive girl for a chubby, less attractive one

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
This is the part where sheriff tells everyone that if Texas was dominating the league less people would watch, so somehow Texas is doing this for the good of the Big12.

Or they just plain suck. Shaka is gone after this year I'm fairly sure.

This is the part where sheriff tells everyone that if Texas was dominating the league less people would watch, so somehow Texas is doing this for the good of the Big12.

Or they just plain suck. Shaka is gone after this year I'm fairly sure.
No, this is the part where guys like Sheriff quietly disappear.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
7. TEXAS HAS QUIT ON SHAKA SMART.
The Longhorns took on Iowa State in Ames on Saturday and got absolutely humiliated, 81-52, in a game that more or less locked Texas out of the NCAA tournament.

As one longtime Big 12 beat writer put it, “that was the worst Big 12 performance I’ve seen since a winless TCU team.”

Yikes.

Hearing rumblings of John Beilein.
Don't know if his comments a couple of months ago will scare some off.
Truthfully don't think he meant it the way some people portrayed it.
Hours after Woj tweets out that Cleveland is looking to move on from Beilein, you’re going to tell us you have heard rumblings of Beilein to Texas. Laughing
giphy.gif

They pulled the plug on Shaka during that weekend of the Purdue game
It was the weekend when Texas received the money from the Moody Foundation for their new arena.
It was going to be Donovan or Beilein.

They want to make sure they have a basketball team for their new arena. Looked like Shaka wasn't ever going to be the coach.

It was the weekend when Texas received the money from the Moody Foundation for their new arena.

They want to make sure they have a basketball team for their new arena. Looked like Shaka wasn't ever going to be the coach.

I disagree with part of this- Thunder are 26-11 since Thanksgiving, fifth best in the NBA- unless a scandal comes out, no way I see Donovan going back to college anytime soon.

Reactions: speedfrk

They pulled the plug on Shaka after the 2nd game of the year when they were 2-0?

Reactions: TheWizardofOz12
I disagree with part of this- Thunder are 26-11 since Thanksgiving, fifth best in the NBA- unless a scandal comes out, no way I see Donovan going back to college anytime soon.

In November there was still a chance.
With Donovan available you take a chance.
Beilein is a decent fall back plan.

He could make basketball something interesting between the end of football and start of baseball.
Truthfully that is who Texas should be but they wanted more and they moved on Shaka

In November there was still a chance.
With Donovan available you take a chance.
Beilein is a decent fall back plan.

He could make basketball something interesting between the end of football and start of baseball.
Truthfully that is who Texas should be but they wanted more and they moved on Shaka

You always seemed confident that Texas could steal Beard from Tech. Why would they want a Beilein over Beard?

You always seemed confident that Texas could steal Beard from Tech. Why would they want a Beilein over Beard?

If they wanted Beard it would have happened last year.
They made the decision to move on.
If someone wants to throw 15 million of their own money at the basketball program it could be possible.
But there isn't any proof that Beard is that much better than Beilein.

Maybe not, but Beilein only has so many years left.

If they could steal Beard, it's possible that he could be there for 20 years. Beard + Texas resources would be scary.

6 years probably.
That is where Luke Yaklich comes in.
Michigan screwed up when they didn't think he was ready. But a few more years under Beilein he should be

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Jeff Goodman talked about Texas offering Bruce Pearl if Chris Beard says no...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT