ADVERTISEMENT

Teams you don't want you team to face in the tourney

So what does it say that an entire conference can watch a Big 12 or ACC game and think “the flow of this game is much better, I wish we could play ball like this instead”. It’s not making excuses, just a simple observation. Kind of an odd take from you tbh
I just don’t think it’s common knowledge like you think it might be. I’ve never associated the SEC with bad officiating.

I just don’t think it’s common knowledge like you think it might be. I’ve never associated the SEC with bad officiating.
Fair enough, but I don’t think you get the experience or the exposure that our teams do on a nightly basis. Like i mentioned, there is an entire thread with multiple SEC teams chiming in telling you the same thing I am. It has nothing to do with UK winning or losing, just the quality of the play we can’t stand.

Fair enough, but I don’t think you get the experience or the exposure that our teams do on a nightly basis. Like i mentioned, there is an entire thread with multiple SEC teams chiming in telling you the same thing I am. It has nothing to do with UK winning or losing, just the quality of the play we can’t stand.
Ehh, I don't really put much stock into what fans around here have to say when they complain about officials. If you pay attention you'll see that all fans from all schools do it and the football guys might even be worse. I'd say most people posting on national boards are a little bit more diehard than the average fan and when you're diehard you take things personally in regards to your program. It's not exactly the most reliable place to find what actual fans think because there's a higher concentration of homers around, ya know?

Ehh, I don't really put much stock into what fans around here have to say when they complain about officials. If you pay attention you'll see that all fans from all schools do it and the football guys might even be worse. I'd say most people posting on national boards are a little bit more diehard than the average fan and when you're diehard you take things personally in regards to your program. It's not exactly the most reliable place to find what actual fans think because there's a higher concentration of homers around, ya know?
I’m just saying man, if you watched SEC games twice a week I wouldn’t have to explain anything.

I'd rather be an Indiana fan than have to watch 2 SEC games a week.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Random UK Fan
the rest of your fanbase sure does
two of them post on this board
Your fanbase takes the cake. You guys never lose a game, it’s always the refs. It’s not just two of you guys either, it’s practically every fan. I took a peek at rafters for the first time in years and wow, so many threads solely about refs. Weird. I like watching games and not crying about refs.

Your fanbase takes the cake. You guys never lose a game, it’s always the refs. It’s not just two of you guys either, it’s practically every fan. I took a peek at rafters for the first time in years and wow, so many threads solely about refs. Weird. I like watching games and not crying about refs.

the same can be said about your fanbase

in those thread you speak of they are not complaining about lopsided officiating
they are complaining about 50+ fouls a game called and how it takes the flow away for both teams
but we both know the truth does not fit your agenda

the same can be said about your fanbase

in those thread you speak of they are not complaining about lopsided officiating
they are complaining about 50+ fouls a game called and how it takes the flow away for both teams
but we both know the truth does not fit your agenda
No not really it’s not really comparable at all. Just admit you guys whine about the refs a lot. It’s not difficult.

No not really it’s not really comparable at all. Just admit you guys whine about the refs a lot. It’s not difficult.

LOL, you need to look in the mirror
you need to admit how much ul fans complain about the refs

i think this has run it's course
we are still good

Reactions: UL_1986
LOL, you need to look in the mirror
you need to admit how much ul fans complain about the refs

i think this has run it's course
we are still good
There’s a reason other people are poking fun at you guys for constantly crying about the refs.

Correction from earlier: Illinois is tied for 2nd in the B10. Is that an indictment on the league? How could a team be tied for 2nd in a super conference and be an 8 seed?
Two bad OOC losses to Miami and Missouri take this team from what should be a ~4 seed to an 8 seed. I still think we're likely a 6 seed.

We have 11 top half quad 1 road games - the most in the country. We have 4 top half quad 1 road wins - tied for the most in the country with the opportunity to win our 5th tonight. Our quad 2 games are all top half.

LSU is 4 spots higher than us and being predicted as a 7. Look at their resume:

Screenshot+2020-03-04+at+9.38.10+AM.png

vs Illinois resume:
Screenshot+2020-03-04+at+9.34.15+AM.png

Charts were from Alioneye

I’m just saying man, if you watched SEC games twice a week I wouldn’t have to explain anything.
One of the things that I think has hurt KU on and off over the last decade...and Big 12 teams in general...is Big 12 officiating. Very foul happy at times leading to a lot of free throws and not giving guys an opportunity to practice playing through contact. Run into a tournament game when you aren’t getting the calls that you’re used to and splat...either dead in the water or a scare that shouldn’t be.

One of the things that I think has hurt KU on and off over the last decade...and Big 12 teams in general...is Big 12 officiating. Very foul happy at times leading to a lot of free throws and not giving guys an opportunity to practice playing through contact. Run into a tournament game when you aren’t getting the calls that you’re used to and splat...either dead in the water or a scare that shouldn’t be.

I hope to God that officials swallow their whistles in KU's tourney games. That's my nightmare scenario. An officiating crew that is calling everything and turning it into a free throw contest between Azubuike and a bunch of guards that shoot 90% .

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
UCLA
Seton Hall
Dayton
Ohio State
MSU
UVA
KU
Baylor
Texas Tech

So what does it say that an entire conference can watch a Big 12 or ACC game and think “the flow of this game is much better, I wish we could play ball like this instead”. It’s not making excuses, just a simple observation. Kind of an odd take from you tbh

I have heard Arkansas fans especially when they had Mike Anderson really complain about the officiating in the SEC

Mizzou fans have said they wish they played basketball in the Big 12 because the officiating is that bad.

WVU?
They matched up better with Kansas in the Big 12 this year.
Was because of their size.

So teams who have the bigs to play with Kansas could potentially give you problems.
kansas has the size to matchup with anyone.
The team that can beat self is the team that gets hot from behind the arc.

ADVERTISEMENT