ThePhog08

Gold Member
May 2, 2008
Well before the final four at least

For KU I don't want

Auburn
Villanova
Virginia

I'd prefer to avoid these before the final four: Dayton, Florida St, Michigan St, Seton Hall, Kentucky.

I’m not too concerned because I feel like we’re playing with house money this year. I also think we can beat and lose to anyone. I’m not afraid of any team this year.

I’d prefer to avoid rematches from last year’s tourney, such as Oregon, Auburn and Texas Tech. We haven’t fared well in those revenge type games. I don’t really want to see Kansas or Kentucky either. If we get a 8/9 seed, give me SDSU or Gonzaga as the 1.

#1 overall seed gets to pick their region, correct?

I really don't want KU to pick the Midwest region. Damn near half the top 25 is a school that's an afternoon drive away from Indianapolis. Houston would be the perfect region and if they have any say, I want Maryland as the #2 seed.

Reactions: toonces11
#1 overall seed gets to pick their region, correct?

I really don't want KU to pick the Midwest region. Damn near half the top 25 is a school that's an afternoon drive away from Indianapolis. Houston would be the perfect region and if they have any say, I want Maryland as the #2 seed.

Sign me up for Houston and Turgeon.

Reactions: KUhawks34
Sign me up for Houston and Turgeon.
It would also be nice to avoid any mid-majors in 2nd round.

8) LSU vs. 9) Illinois
8) St. Mary's vs. 9) Xavier

95% of fans from other schools would pick that 2nd one if their team was the 1 seed. Not Kansas fans though.

Reactions: KUhawks34
I think KU is currently the best team in the country. So, I’d prefer not to see them until at least the final four.

Arizona would probably be the team in that 7 seed group (which FSU could face in the second round) I’d least like to face.

UVA is currently projected as a 9 seed (should be higher, imo). Which 1 seed would be excited about seeing them in the second round?

Of the top tier, I’d like to fade KU and FSU brackets.

For the early games, I’d prefer to not play the giant killer Clemson or give IU another Super Bowl.

Aside from that, whatever.

Of the top tier, I’d like to fade KU and FSU brackets.

For the early games, I’d prefer to not play the giant killer Clemson or give IU another Super Bowl.

Aside from that, whatever.

Unless you have to play Clemson on their home court, no worries. At Littlejohn, do not want.

I'm with you. I do think we are the better team at this point, but U of L has a squad, and could beat us. They have to get one eventually, right?

I haven't watched UL this year save 1 game. What do they have outside of Nwora? What D do they play? Do they still press?

I haven't watched UL this year save 1 game. What do they have outside of Nwora? What D do they play? Do they still press?
They are good until they hit a big chunk of adversity. If Louisville is playing well and hitting shots, I'm not sure many teams can beat them. But as soon as they miss a few wide open ones, or get a call that doesn't go there way, they unfold. I don't think its a testament against Mack or anything, they just seem to have some soft players. Nwora is one of them. Thing is, he's their best player, and if he isn't in the game, its hard to get the rest of the team motivated.

As far as I know, they don't press. I know Louisville fans miss it, though.

Bring on any team.

I do not think that Kentucky is a final four team this year; however, I think that UK can beat the crap out of any team on any given night. UK plays defense well, it is the stop and start offense.

There is not a better team than UK, but some nights these guys can't shoot straight.

The NCAA is six straight wins. I don't think that UK can shoot good six straight games.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
They are good until they hit a big chunk of adversity. If Louisville is playing well and hitting shots, I'm not sure many teams can beat them. But as soon as they miss a few wide open ones, or get a call that doesn't go there way, they unfold. I don't think its a testament against Mack or anything, they just seem to have some soft players. Nwora is one of them. Thing is, he's their best player, and if he isn't in the game, its hard to get the rest of the team motivated.

As far as I know, they don't press. I know Louisville fans miss it, though.

Nwora would get real frustrated then with Marcus Garrett on him.

Kansas...

I would think any team with a big could give Kansas issues.

Have to match up with your bigs but you also need to match up with Dotson.

Any team that has a PG and a center.

I worry more about teams that can deny the entry passes. And, of course, teams that can shoot from every position. Not sure that exists this year. Maybe Creighton, but they’re small and not that athletic.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Pretty much what Jimbo said, when were in the right mental state we can beat anyone.

Reactions: JL-23
Bring on any team.

I do not think that Kentucky is a final four team this year; however, I think that UK can beat the crap out of any team on any given night. UK plays defense well, it is the stop and start offense.

There is not a better team than UK, but some nights these guys can't shoot straight.

The NCAA is six straight wins. I don't think that UK can shoot good six straight games.
UK seems to shoot really well on the road, but they can't hit the broad side of a barn in Rupp.

Among the 1 seeds, of least like to be in Kansas’ bracket. I’d prefer to be in Dayton’s if they make it onto the 1 line.

Among the 3 seeds that a hypothetical 2 seed FSU could face in the Sweet 16, Kentucky would be the one I’d like to avoid. They seem to be peaking. Michigan State would be scary too, if they made it up to the 3 line.

For the 7s, UVA is a big no thanks. They are an 8 on Bracket Matrix, but they would be a scary second round matchup.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
I would like to avoid any team that scores a bunch.... since shooting and scoring is a problem a lot for UK... playing the teams that score in bunches would hurt since it would take a fluke of a great shooting game to keep pace ...

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
If Purdue makes it, I'd say Indiana. Conventional wisdom says that it's very hard to beat a team three times in a season.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito

No press. Defense is average, no shot blocking maybe one good perimeter defender and he's kind of a head case seeing limited minutes anyway.

Start FR PG that missed first month of year with injury. He's really good, and I throw caution on being a homer but he's from the city and was a great get. Rely on 3 a little bit too much. Sutton plays multi positions tough guy. Williams is a hustler that just got hurt @ C. The other C is an enigma. Overall the guards are undersized and some nights Nwora and Enoch act like they'd rather be doing something other than play basketball.

Could lose opening round. Get to the 2nd weekend and catch a heater they could be tough. Who knows. They aren't playing all that great right now. You got the team to beat. Good luck Phog!

I want to add I'd like to avoid UL............. last thing we need is that bunch whining about officiating when losing to UK again in March.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT