ADVERTISEMENT

Team No Sleep: Kentucky vs Utah

I watched the game. It was entertaining. I liked how UK fought back and had a chance. Much like UNC, if they can ever just hit some shots they will be ok.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I’m not the one who used the transitive property first. I just wanted to see what it felt like.

It felt pretty good
SMH.

Is it just me or did this board used to have better trolls? Everything is weak sauce now a days.

SMH.

Is it just me or did this board used to have better trolls? Everything is weak sauce now a days.

I agree if you use the transitive property that’s not the best troll effort.

I just wanted to know what it felt like.

Again, felt pretty good so I understand.

I agree if you use the transitive property that’s not the best troll effort.

I just wanted to know what it felt like.

Again, felt pretty good so I understand.

This is your logic.

"you're an asshole and like it up the ass"

"I just tried being an asshole and found out I like it up the ass too. It felt good. Boom gotcha"

I understand.

Reactions: Monorojo
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Post 23

Yea the refs were effin terrible both ways. I thought it was hilarious that bill said it was his first UK game as an announcer and most of the time he was actually talking about the game he was complaining about the officials and “how does Kentucky drive it to the lane and run someone over and get a foul called and when Utah does otntwice in a row and their player ends up face down, there’s no whistle”. Or the dozens of times he was calling for a charge only for the refs to call it a block.

UK did get screwed on that replay, that should not have been reviewable, the Utah defenders feet were 3-4 ft away from the charge/block circle, which is the only thing u can review. It was a charge tho imo. The defender wasn’t set but he got elbowed in the face then ran over while he was in legal guarding position trying to back away from contact.

Utah came out playing harder than uk and made just enough clutch plays and shots to finish off the cats. UK needs to work on shot selection and playing with intensity all game not just when u get down.

Post 47

Yea the refs were effin terrible both ways. I thought it was hilarious that bill said it was his first UK game as an announcer and most of the time he was actually talking about the game he was complaining about the officials and “how does Kentucky drive it to the lane and run someone over and get a foul called and when Utah does otntwice in a row and their player ends up face down, there’s no whistle”. Or the dozens of times he was calling for a charge only for the refs to call it a block.

UK did get screwed on that replay, that should not have been reviewable, the Utah defenders feet were 3-4 ft away from the charge/block circle, which is the only thing u can review. It was a charge tho imo. The defender wasn’t set but he got elbowed in the face then ran over while he was in legal guarding position trying to back away from contact.

Utah came out playing harder than uk and made just enough clutch plays and shots to finish off the cats. UK needs to work on shot selection and playing with urgency and intensity all game not just when they get down or the clocks running out.

That sf/pf for Utah was very impressive too, very crafty skill set. And yea that pg is gonna be able to walk into the YMCA anywhere in America and his whole life and take people’s money. Kid looked 14 years old.

Has anyone ever had deja vu?

Yea that was my bad, for some reason when I opened up safari my post was still at the bottom like I never hit reply. Then I saw it on both pages and deleted one.

It was late, I wasn’t sober, my apologies.

Yea that was my bad, for some reason when I opened up safari my post was still at the bottom like I never hit reply. Then I saw it on both pages and deleted one.

It was late, I wasn’t sober, my apologies.
I'm just busting balls.

Kentucky is currently 66th in the NET rankings. North Carolina finds themselves barely inside the top 100, at 98. Both rankings appear to be spot-on.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
Kentucky is currently 66th in the NET rankings. North Carolina finds themselves barely inside the top 100, at 98. Both rankings appear to be spot-on.

Shows them at 77 currently. Holy shit. Do you know anything about the formula?

Shows them at 77 currently. Holy shit. Do you know anything about the formula?

It was updated within the last hour or two. You can see in the next column where Kentucky was ranked 66th in the previous ranking. And do really think I was serious about my post? Obviously Kentucky is better than that. Losing a Quad-4 game is the biggest variable in their modest ranking.

It was updated within the last hour or two. You can see in the next column where Kentucky was ranked 66th in the previous ranking. And do really think I was serious about my post? Obviously Kentucky is better than that. Losing a Quad-4 game is the biggest variable in their modest ranking.

No, sorry, I wasn’t clear. I wasn’t coming at you. Ha. Just expressing shock that they’re now at 77. And asking if you are familiar with the formula. Because the rest looks pretty legit.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Are they though?

Geez, we didn't play defense worth a crap until towards the end of the game. No sense for that. How does a 7th grader get wide open shots.

Utah definitely fought better than we did.

We'll struggle with the zone all year, Unless Nate and Allen can hit some 3's. I have to wonder why Cal didn't use Hagans in the middle against the zone like he did against GT. Worked beautifully against them.

Absolutely the worst referee crew I've ever witnessed. It didn't matter which team, the calls were terrible.

Majerus was finally smiling RIP

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Geez, we didn't play defense worth a crap until towards the end of the game. No sense for that. How does a 7th grader get wide open shots.

Utah definitely fought better than we did.

We'll struggle with the zone all year, Unless Nate and Allen can hit some 3's. I have to wonder why Cal didn't use Hagans in the middle against the zone like he did against GT. Worked beautifully against them.

Absolutely the worst referee crew I've ever witnessed. It didn't matter which team, the calls were terrible.

Majerus was finally smiling RIP
Should have trapped that twerp every single time he touched it. Dude looked nervous as hell every time he touched it.

What is it with UK and constant issues with refs?

Reactions: tw3301
Teams drop crap games like this all the time and it seems terrible....but it happens every season to solid teams. Good news is...its barely getting a blip of negative attention on espn. Have to scroll down a bunch just to find it.

Teams drop crap games like this all the time and it seems terrible....but it happens every season to solid teams. Good news is...its barely getting a blip of negative attention on espn. Have to scroll down a bunch just to find it.
It’s a shame.

Thread has been super tame. Where tf is JC?

If we had lost, I’d expect severe vitriol and a copious amount of “u6” raftards rhetoric thrown around. What gives?

I can tell you where he won't be anytime soon. If they fail to win one or both vs Louisville and Ohio St, he may never be seen again.

Reactions: ColumbusCard21
Utah kind of owed Kentucky one.

Has any other school beaten another school six times in the NCAA tournament? Doubtful. They'll probably face off in the tournament in 2021 and UK will win by 25 points or something.

1993: Kentucky 83, Utah 62 (2nd Round)
1996: Kentucky 101, Utah 70 (Sweet 16)
1997: Kentucky 72, Utah 59 (Elite Eight)
1998: Kentucky 78, Utah 69 (National Championship)
2003: Kentucky 74, Utah 54 (2nd Round)
2005: Kentucky 62, Utah 52 (Sweet 16)

Cal is washed. Time to put him out to pasture. #BillyDonovan2020

Forgot all about BD. What a disappointment he’s been in the league. Not entirely his fault though, OKC upper management is a dumpster fire.

Utah kind of owed Kentucky one.

Has any other school beaten another school six times in the NCAA tournament? Doubtful. They'll probably face off in the tournament in 2021 and UK will win by 25 points or something.

1993: Kentucky 83, Utah 62 (2nd Round)
1996: Kentucky 101, Utah 70 (Sweet 16)
1997: Kentucky 72, Utah 59 (Elite Eight)
1998: Kentucky 78, Utah 69 (National Championship)
2003: Kentucky 74, Utah 54 (2nd Round)
2005: Kentucky 62, Utah 52 (Sweet 16)

Three straight from 96’ to 98’ was brutal

Reactions: dukedevilz
And for some reason, the NCAA thought it would be cool to put them both in the Midwest region the following year as 2 and 3 seeds. Wally Szczerbiak and Miami Ohio put an end to Utah's dream of losing to the same school four straight years.

I think I remember Simon from the Arizona wildcats just draining threes from that era the most.

We would be in my buddies backyard and every three we shot we proceeded with yelling SIMON at the top of our lungs. Until his dad came and beat his ass right in front of me.

Oh Ohio how I miss you sometimes

I think I remember Simon from the Arizona wildcats just draining threes from that era the most.

We would be in my buddies backyard and every three we shot we proceeded with yelling SIMON at the top of our lungs. Until his dad came and beat his ass right in front of me.

Oh Ohio how I miss you sometimes

The 90's version of yelling, "Kobe!"

UK cannot shoot... At all. Don't understand why Cal doesn't punch it in to EJ and Richards? Let Brooks roam the baseline. As a team you are shooting 29% from three---And you take 19? Making TWO? Yikes. Dribble drive is dribbled dead w/o shooters, and/or an elite PG.

Saturday could get nasty. OSU ain't no joke. Shoot 2-19 from "3" vs those dudes, and yikes...MOF, If UK does shoot 19 times from "3", vs OSU, they'll likely get humiliated. Unless of course they have one of those, "shooting out their minds", kind of days.

Cal and his style are polarizing, but if he left BD would be a home run. Cal will have his ups and downs---just like every other top 10 coach

I hope Donovan ends up at Texas. I made that prediction 2 years ago when Durant left OKC. I’m sticking with it.
Im not sure I want that from a dominance perspective---but it would be good for our connie

ADVERTISEMENT