ADVERTISEMENT

Tcu vs West Virginia

You guys will lose 2 of your next 3....

Don't know what TAMU has right now. Half their team was suspended last I heard. Plus it's at AFH, so that's a W.

Still waiting on you to take the bet. Any thing you want. Sig bet, $, whatever.
We could lose 2-3. We are the most vulnerable we’ve ever been. Every game we play in is nearly 50/50. One of our teams is getting it done. The other is shitting the bed. The team that is shitting the bed seems deadset on bashing the team that’s getting it done under pressure while they have wilted. Let’s watch it play out. We have a monster game tomorrow where Trae young is going to score 50. I’m hoping we contain everyone else and take home another victory.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...doesn't matter what WVA does at home, only true way to judge their tournament prospects is by how they do in road games or neutral sites.

I was burned in the past by seeing WVA look awesome in Morgantown, picking them to do well in March and then seeing it go down in flames. Learned my lesson.

We played to our seed in 2 of the last 3 years.

Crushed in the S16 by a 1 seed UK in 2015.

Lost by a bucket in the S16 to a 1 seed Gonzaga team in 2017.

2016 was a disaster in the 1st round. I'll give ya that.

We've been pretty solid on the road. And as far as neutral courts go. We've been in the big 12 championship game 2 years in a row, sweet 16 twice in last 3 years, and we always win our early season tournaments on neutral courts.

Last edited:
We could lose 2-3. We are the most vulnerable we’ve ever been. Every game we play in is nearly 50/50. One of our teams is getting it done. The other is shitting the bed. The team that is shitting the bed seems deadset on bashing the team that’s getting it done under pressure while they have wilted. Let’s watch it play out. We have a monster game tomorrow where Trae young is going to score 50. I’m hoping we contain everyone else and take home another victory.

I'm not bashing KU. Just responding to your condescending comments about WVU.

You're saying dumb shit to me when I'm salty after a loss. Saying you get testy when opposing fans get excited about their team, and WVU has only had "Hand full of good games"... Laughing

You didn't have to turn a post about Sagaba Konate into a conversation about Kansas.

I'm not bashing KU. Just responding to your condescending comments about WVU.

You're saying dumb shit to me when I'm salty after a loss. Saying you get testy when opposing fans get excited about their team, and WVU has only had "Hand full of good games"... Laughing

You didn't have to turn a post about Sagaba Konate into a conversation about Kansas.
It was in reference to a lot of bravado based in early conference play before a lot of meaningful games have been played. You did it to yourself and I just called it out. No big deal, just that we’ve seen this before. I hope you guys get your shit together for uk, bc like Kansas——-they are very vulnerable. You shouldn’t lose tonthis U.K. squad.

It was in reference to a lot of bravado based in early conference play before a lot of meaningful games have been played. You did it to yourself and I just called it out. No big deal, just that we’ve seen this before. I hope you guys get your shit together for uk, bc like Kansas——-they are very vulnerable. You shouldn’t lose tonthis U.K. squad.

Agree we've seen this before.

And on the flip side... Every year KU fans feel their team is vulnerable and you guys get on here and talk about how you dont want to win the league, and you want the streak to end. That it's more of a burden than anything.

Then you win games + other teams lose games they shouldnt, KU gets a cushion and it becomes clear you're gonna win it again. Then it suddenly changes into the most amazing accomplishment ever, and you guys all pound your chest about it... which you should, because it is pretty damn amazing.

Now if you guys could just find a way to get this magic to carry over to the NCAA Tourney every now and then. Always a bad look for the league when the top dog goes out earlier than they should.

Reactions: npreston

And on the flip side... Every year KU fans feel their team is vulnerable and you guys get on here and talk about how you dont want to win the league, and you want the streak to end. That it's more of a burden than anything.

Then you win games + other teams lose games they shouldnt, KU gets a cushion and it becomes clear you're gonna win it again. Then it suddenly changes into the most amazing accomplishment ever, and you guys all pound your chest about it... which you should, because it is pretty damn amazing.

Now if you guys could just find a way to get this magic to carry over to the NCAA Tourney every now and then. Always a bad look for the league when the top dog goes out earlier than they should.

I don't think that's what has given the Big 12 the bad look. Think it's all the years that the Big 12 failed to get a team into the Elite 8 and even worse all the times KU was the only Big 12 team to get into the Sweet 16 or further. Good to see another Big 12 team make the F4 in 2016 and 3 teams make the Sweet 16 last year although KU was the only one to make the E8.

I don't think that's what has given the Big 12 the bad look. Think it's all the years that the Big 12 failed to get a team into the Elite 8 and even worse all the times KU was the only Big 12 team to get into the Sweet 16 or further. Good to see another Big 12 team make the F4 in 2016 and 3 teams make the Sweet 16 last year although KU was the only one to make the E8.

Fair enough.

Anyways, congrats on 14 straight. It's over.

Oklahoma is a one man team, they're not a threat.

Texas Tech isn't ready.

WVU (to use Huggs' words) can't handle the pressure of being the dog with the bone. We're much better at chasing.

Reactions: npreston
There's gonna be some good defense but ugly jump shooting in Morgantown on Saturday.

This is frustrating. We have multiple guys who shoot well over 40% from 3 and we have other guys who can shoot it like Lamont West.

But we just go through these awful stretches that sometimes last 2 or 3 games at a time.

I wish Huggs would back off the press for good. We're not even that good at it this year... and it kills their legs. Our half court D is much better than our full court pressure.

I don’t think I’ve ever said (or viewed) the streak as a burden. You’re right though, if we could translate regular season wins to NCAA tourney wins, Kansas would have a lot more to be proud of. It’s painfully obvious we peak in Jan/Feb.

Oh, we always want to win as many games as possible. If you lose a game, its natural to be upset and try to pull a positive out of it. In general, Kansas fans know all streaks come to an end. Its easy to act like its automatic b/c we've strung together some successful regular seasons, but its much better to be realistic. There are 11 games left and over 50% will be against ranked teams--3 being on the road. You have just witnessed how easy it is to go cold for a stretch of games and it drastically alters your expectations. The winner of conference play will have a minimum of 4 losses, and more than likely 5. Trae Young is going to ball out tonight and could easily start a 3 game slide for Kansas. A&M has a great roster to counter our attack, and going into Manhattan after a couple near misses against them will be an all out war. All I'm saying is its wise to temper the "we are the best team until they go out and prove it" talk. We haven't proved anything yet, except we can squeak by some good teams so far. We haven't won a league game by more than 2 possessions-----Thats pretty crazy and exactly why we consider this team to be very vulnerable to a loss to any team....on any night. Even in AFH.

wvu exposed again. I'm sure the fans are saying "BUT, BUT, THE Big 12!!!"

Good teams win on the road.

Laughing Nova has played one team with a pulse (a 14-7 Butler team) on the road all year, and they lost that game and gave up over 100 points.

Congrats on beating a bunch of mid majors in half empty arenas.

Clearly trying to troll you at this point doogie, I swear not all Nova fans are like this hah

Reactions: doogie503
doogie the team this year is a typical Huggs WVU team, not sure why the expectations were sky high, well sink or swim in March but we were never a team that could actually stop the KU streak and take a 1 seed. We are the typical top half of the conference team that we have seen many times before, get a solid seed, and sink or swim with our Selection Sunday draw.

0 NBA prospects - thats why we are never at the next level, Huggs prefers Charlie Hustle guys over elite talents, I blame it all on Huggs taking a chance on Aaric Murray, Murray never bought in, he destroyed the chemistry of the team, and the program sunk to a level that nearly resulted in Huggs being fired. From that point on Huggs has dumped higher upside "ego" guys for "his" low downside type of guy that will buy in to his coaching and employed a system that masks their weaknesses. The Final Four team had Butler/Ebanks/KJ, Butler and Ebanks were drafted and KJ hung on with the Cavs for a little bit. They werent lottery guys but they clearly had next level talent that was very useful in college. This team has Carter who if there was a 3rd round in the NBA draft might get drafted in that non existant round and thats it. Worse teams have made a Final Four and there have even been teams that have won titles that did not have anyone drafted, but those instances are few and far between. Using the "Press Virginia" system we will always be in the mix, but never at the top of the mountain. Considering our history before Huggs, Ill personally take it, but as a fanbase we cant get down on the program when we dont win the national title. Were not that type of program, it just is what it is.

Like I said last week, print the t-shirts...this shit is a wrap ! WVU peeing down there legs once again. KU by 8 tonight in Norman

Like I said last week, print the t-shirts...this shit is a wrap ! WVU peeing down there legs once again. KU by 8 tonight in Norman
We haven't won a single big 12 game by more than 2 possessions. If we come out of Norman ahead 8 then Ill be surprised

doogie the team this year is a typical Huggs WVU team, not sure why the expectations were sky high, well sink or swim in March but we were never a team that could actually stop the KU streak and take a 1 seed. We are the typical top half of the conference team that we have seen many times before, get a solid seed, and sink or swim with our Selection Sunday draw.

0 NBA prospects - thats why we are never at the next level, Huggs prefers Charlie Hustle guys over elite talents, I blame it all on Huggs taking a chance on Aaric Murray, Murray never bought in, he destroyed the chemistry of the team, and the program sunk to a level that nearly resulted in Huggs being fired. From that point on Huggs has dumped higher upside "ego" guys for "his" low downside type of guy that will buy in to his coaching and employed a system that masks their weaknesses. The Final Four team had Butler/Ebanks/KJ, Butler and Ebanks were drafted and KJ hung on with the Cavs for a little bit. They werent lottery guys but they clearly had next level talent that was very useful in college. This team has Carter who if there was a 3rd round in the NBA draft might get drafted in that non existant round and thats it. Worse teams have made a Final Four and there have even been teams that have won titles that did not have anyone drafted, but those instances are few and far between. Using the "Press Virginia" system we will always be in the mix, but never at the top of the mountain. Considering our history before Huggs, Ill personally take it, but as a fanbase we cant get down on the program when we dont win the national title. Were not that type of program, it just is what it is.

Agree with some of the stuff you said, but Huggs was never remotely close to being fired. He's been to 8 NCAA Tourneys in 10 years (including a Final Four and 3 Sweet 16's), and this year will make it 9 out of 11. That's unheard of for WVU. And we'll never have top of the line recruiting classes, but we actually recruit better now than we ever have.

We have 2 guys on our roster now who I think will at least get a shot to play in the NBA (Carter, Konate). I would've said Esa before, but I think he's just too lazy.

Next year we have a top 50 type player in Culver coming in with some good guards (Knapper, McCabe, Doomes), and a good shot we land another top 50 big guy in Oscar Tshiebwe.

We just don't shoot the ball well enough consistently and it always costs us.

Last edited:
Agree with some of the stuff you said, but Huggs was never remotely close to being fired. He's been to 8 NCAA Tourneys in 10 years (including a Final Four and 3 Sweet 16's), and this year will make it 9 out of 11. That's unheard of for WVU. And we'll never have top of the line recruiting classes, but we actually recruit better now than we ever have.

We have 2 guys on our roster now who I think will at least get a shot to play in the NBA (Carter, Konate). I would've said Esa before, but I think he's just too lazy.

Next year we have a top 50 type player in Culver coming in with some good guards (Knapper, McCabe, Doomes), and a good shot we land another top 50 big guy in Oscar Tshiebwe.

We just don't shoot the ball well enough consistently and it always costs us.

We went two years without an NCAA bid, he had consecutive classes where basically no one from those classes were on the team, and the better players from his NIT team transferred/went to Europe early continuing a troubling pattern. If his 2014-15 team flopped he probably was going to be shown the door.

Konate has some good qualities but I personally dont see NBA in his future, not even a training camp. Size isnt there and neither are the ball skills necessary to make up for the lack of size. He will work out just fine for us as a college 5, and he will find overseas work, but definitely no NBA in his future barring a monster offseason this year.

Last edited:
We went two years without an NCAA bid, he had consecutive classes where basically no one from those classes were on the team, and the better players from his NIT team transferred/went to Europe early continuing a troubling pattern. If his 2014-15 team flopped he probably was going to be shown the door.

Konate has some good qualities but I personally dont see NBA in his future, not even a training camp. Size isnt there and neither are the ball skills necessary to make up for the lack of size. He will work out just fine for us as a college 5, and he will find overseas work, but definitely no NBA in his future barring a monster offseason this year.

Bad years happen to better programs than WVU, and what he's done for the program as far as facilities and raising money combined with being the best coach in WVU history... he's untouchable.

Konate is 6'8, 260 and very athletic. Really expanded his offensive game. He just outplayed a lottery pick in Bamba a couple days ago. He'll get a shot. He's only a sophomore. He's probably better right now than a guy like Kevin Jones was at this point in his career.

Reactions: freddietee511
Bad years happen to better programs than WVU, and what he's done for the program as far as facilities and raising money combined with being the best coach in WVU history... he's untouchable.

Konate is 6'8, 260 and very athletic. Really expanded his offensive game. He just outplayed a lottery pick in Bamba a couple days ago. He'll get a shot. He's only a sophomore. He's probably better right now than a guy like Kevin Jones was at this point in his career.
Agree on Huggy. Not sure you could hire a sure fire equivalent or better---or if that even exists.
Donate would def be a tweener in the nBA---which I personally don't give a sh*t about. If WVU gets to keep him 2 more seasons he will be a college monster. His defensive timing is about as good as it gets.

At the end of the day the basketball program is a business, and pretty much any program will oust a coach for 3 subpar years with empty recruiting classes, they need to continue filling the arena and selling the merch. 3 bad years doesnt cut it anywhere, I love Huggs as much as the next guy but if the 2014-15 season was a failure with his 2 transfers to replace Harris/Henderson failing to hit, then it was obvious the AD (who didnt hire Huggs) was going to take his salary and put it elsewhere, its just basic economics. At the time VT a weaker program than WVU in the same region of the country was able to bring in Buzz Williams, at the time a coach like Buzz was much more attractive than Huggs especially given Huggs salary.

At the end of the day the basketball program is a business, and pretty much any program will oust a coach for 3 subpar years with empty recruiting classes, they need to continue filling the arena and selling the merch. 3 bad years doesnt cut it anywhere, I love Huggs as much as the next guy but if the 2014-15 season was a failure with his 2 transfers to replace Harris/Henderson failing to hit, then it was obvious the AD (who didnt hire Huggs) was going to take his salary and put it elsewhere, its just basic economics. At the time VT a weaker program than WVU in the same region of the country was able to bring in Buzz Williams, at the time a coach like Buzz was much more attractive than Huggs especially given Huggs salary.

Huggs is a top 10 active coach in college basketball on his worst day, a hall of famer... and has been for a long time.

I have friends who are pretty close to the program, and I promise you he's untouchable. He's one of the most powerful people in the entire state, let alone WVU's athletic dept.

Those two years were really bad though. He said he'd fix it and he did.

Last edited:
I guess now I know how teams feel when they play in Morgantown.

TCU fouling the hell out of us and we can't get a call.

They're just playing harder.
You should have led with "I don't normally like to complain about the refs but...." like every other whiner who complains about the refs despite their team failing to run even a semblance of D1 caliber offense.

You should have led with "I don't normally like to complain about the refs but...." like every other whiner who complains about the refs despite their team failing to run even a semblance of D1 caliber offense.

Didnt blame the loss or our shitty shooting on the refs. Just said they were getting away with some pretty hard fouls. That push where that kid got a flagrant 2 (a little harsh)... they were doing stuff like that all night.

We got punked

@doogie503 The real question is what is Huggins going to do to get the win on Saturday? Its always huge to win a blue blood game and goes a long way towards second half momentum, even if they are struggling a bit. I just looks like you guys aren't hitting shots---which usually corrects itself.

@doogie503 The real question is what is Huggins going to do to get the win on Saturday? Its always huge to win a blue blood game and goes a long way towards second half momentum, even if they are struggling a bit. I just looks like you guys aren't hitting shots---which usually corrects itself.

Hopefully he starts backing off the press a lot more. Our defense is better in the half court and we have a legit shot blocker now. Plus we're not as deep as we were the last couple years at the guard spots. I think it's starting to affect our legs more than the other teams. Not a coincidence we've sucked in the second half against TTU, KU and TCU.

We're 1-3 since Esa got back, and he's been disappointing. Looks out of shape. Need to get him going.

And like you said, just get in the gym, get shots up and hope the poor shooting turns around.

It's gonna be a wild atmosphere for UK. Not just because theyre a blue blood and GameDay is there, but it's a border rivalry. Gotta win that game.

Hopefully he starts backing off the press a lot more. Our defense is better in the half court and we have a legit shot blocker now. Plus we're not as deep as we were the last couple years at the guard spots. I think it's starting to affect our legs more than the other teams. Not a coincidence we've sucked in the second half against TTU, KU and TCU.

We're 1-3 since Esa got back, and he's been disappointing. Looks out of shape. Need to get him going.

And like you said, just get in the gym, get shots up and hope the poor shooting turns around.

It's gonna be a wild atmosphere for UK. Not just because theyre a blue blood and GameDay is there, but it's a border rivalry. Gotta win that game.
I really think WVU's A game will beat a great game from UK. I think UK will struggle against you guys b/c they don't have the ability to bury you in threes....and I do agree about backing of the press, but maybe not so much in this one. Im interested if diallo can out jump konate and flush one on him. Garret and Svi sure went balls out and got denied (they aren't really leapers), but I did notice Vick back off trying to flush one b/c Donate was right there---and he has crazy hops. Still cant believe he is that good defensively as a sop.

Obviously auto correct wants Konate to change his name to donate.

Cut the crap, trolling mediocre programs is a bad look.

Almost as bad as creating another screen name to reply to yourself.

Every single one of your posts by both screen names are about wvu. Laughing

Good to know wvu lives in your head.

Not true at all. I knew from Day One we'd win the Big 12 by multiple games last year and we did, by 4 games. Next year will be the same. No one in the Big 12 will be within 3 games of us in the Big 12 standings next year.

ADVERTISEMENT