ADVERTISEMENT

Tasty little Saturday—what’s your viewing schedule?

So how did everyone's viewing plans go? I was able to watch most of the games I planned to.

I feel like most people would probably say LSU-Tennessee was the game of the weekend, but something about it left me a bit cold.....possibly the terrible refereeing, or the fact that Tennessee should be a good defensive team and just kept letting Smart and Mays finish straight line drives to the basket. It's not even like I was cheering for Tennessee, poor basketball just bothers me.

Virginia's performance after getting down 12 was very impressive. Not sure how many paint points Louisville finished with, but they only had 4 late in the game. Likewise, Texas Tech was typically stingy on D, but this time combined it with a strong offensive game. KSU could put the nail in the coffin of the KU streak with a win tonight. UNC looked good once again in a potential trap game against FSU. Was disappointed that Cuse couldn't close the deal against Duke, but it was still an interesting game from my POV.

Probably not a popular opinion (not even sure how many of you watched it), but my favourite Saturday game was Nevada-Fresno State. Obviously not the talent level of some of the other games, but damn did they compete. The refs let the game get pretty out of hand, but I enjoy that far more than when they call every ticky tack touch and grind the game to a halt. Fresno State had their chances to get a great win, but couldn't pull it off.....but these two teams really got after it.

ADVERTISEMENT