ADVERTISEMENT

STEVE Forbes Wake Forest

so why did she choose to go to wake forest instead of UK then?
"As a Wake Forest graduate I still think it’s completely unacceptable and incredibly elitist to act like the University of Kentucky isn’t a top academic institution. UK is a world leader in many fields, including my own (substance use disorder research). Also as an academic I can tell you that entire institutions aren’t better than others. How good of a fit an institution is for you depends on field of study, your goals, and fit. Without my education from a state school (UMass) I would never be where I am now."

"As a Wake Forest graduate I still think it’s completely unacceptable and incredibly elitist to act like the University of Kentucky isn’t a top academic institution. UK is a world leader in many fields, including my own (substance use disorder research). Also as an academic I can tell you that entire institutions aren’t better than others. How good of a fit an institution is for you depends on field of study, your goals, and fit. Without my education from a state school (UMass) I would never be where I am now."

yeah this didn’t really answer my question

So wake forest was a better fit because it’s a better school for the program she was in?
Did you go to college? When you are talking about graduate school, especially, programs are very specific, especially in her field. Very few colleges offer the same curriculum. I don't claim to know why she went to Wake Forest, but there are many deciding factors when choosing a school (at least from my experience).

Is UNC no longer in the ACC? Winking

giphy.gif

I'm not crazy about him tbh. I think he believes he is better than he is. That's fine but he comes across like he doesn't really take the game all that serious.
I know he sure picks up some silly ass fouls.
He seems like a great kid that maybe didn’t realize D1 ball is a lot harder than he thought it would be.
Was hoping he’d get spend a summer in Chapel Hill going against the alumni but that doesn’t look possible.

Did you go to college? When you are talking about graduate school, especially, programs are very specific, especially in her field. Very few colleges offer the same curriculum. I don't claim to know why she went to Wake Forest, but there are many deciding factors when choosing a school (at least from my experience).

This is some good spin. The rafters may be a much better spot for you. I would be glad to compare my degrees with yours at anytime as well.

People want to go away to college all the time. Its not groundbreaking. If two schools offer similar programs/education for your field of study, then choose whether or not you want to stay home or go away. She wanted to get the college experience it looks like. It would have been very different if she went to UK.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
I always think that those talking points are kind of dopey and juvenile. Kentucky, like most big state schools, provides a good education to many people in the state. Wake Forest is a small private school. It may be more selective but I really doubt the quality of education is really that much better.

Yea that’s why I laugh at people who say “Can’t get a real education at UK”. I know several people who went to UK and I can say they are living a pretty good life!

People want to go away to college all the time. Its not groundbreaking. If two schools offer similar programs/education for your field of study, then choose whether or not you want to stay home or go away. She wanted to get the college experience it looks like. It would have been very different if she went to UK.
She never even lived in Lexington. She was finishing undergrad at UMass when Calipari came to UK.

This is some good spin. The rafters may be a much better spot for you. I would be glad to compare my degrees with yours at anytime as well.

Damn Lewis Skolnick, this is a basketball board nobody cares about what degrees you have.

Damn Lewis Skolnick, this is a basketball board nobody cares about what degrees you have.

I wasn’t the one that asked the question “did you go to college?” But I understand why UK fans don’t want to discuss college for the most part

Umm made want to re read here. U less you think Carl’s daughter is a men’s b-ball player

I think you missed her point. And also, it’s a terrible example. Can’t blame any kid for not wanting to be at UK when their dad is John Calipari.

I think you missed her point. And also, it’s a terrible example. Can’t blame any kid for not wanting to be at UK when their dad is John Calipari.

You are now claiming I missed the point when you didn’t even comprehend my post originally?

I wasn’t the one that brought up college. Take that up with mr. Bryan
I asked you if you had gone because it didn't seem like you knew how it worked. Not every college offers the same majors/minors/classes/etc. One college may specialize in medicine while another it may be agriculture, technology, or a million other things. There might be 500 colleges that offer a major in biology, but only a handful of those offer a concentration that you are interested in. It gets much more specific in graduate school. Certainly you must have realized these things, given your vast amount of knowledge gained through your prestigious academic endeavors.

Reactions: RipThru

Plus, even if she went to Wake because it is 'better' than UK that wouldn't really diminish Kentucky as a university anyway. That is silly. Let's take the recent GOAT argument. Acknowledge Jordan is the GOAT doesn't mean Lebron is trash.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I asked you if you had gone because it didn't seem like you knew how it worked. Not every college offers the same majors/minors/classes/etc. One college may specialize in medicine while another it may be agriculture, technology, or a million other things. There might be 500 colleges that offer a major in biology, but only a handful of those offer a concentration that you are interested in. It gets much more specific in graduate school. Certainly you must have realized these things, given your vast amount of knowledge gained through your prestigious academic endeavors.

LOL. The dude chose Kentucky because of its degrees in college basketball. Nothing else. Stop this other bs.

Plus, even if she went to Wake because it is 'better' than UK that wouldn't really diminish Kentucky as a university anyway. That is silly. Let's take the recent GOAT argument. Acknowledge Jordan is the GOAT doesn't mean Lebron is trash.

Kentucky to wake forest is comparable to Jordan/Lebron? That’s an Interesting take. MJ being wake forest and UK being Robert Horry is probably better here

No shit. We weren't even talking about Sarr...

If no shit then why is your fanbase getting so butthurt over your academic credentials being questioned. You are a basketball factory . Nothing more. Just own it.

At this point, I have no idea why anyone replies to him more than twice.

Once he gets 10 replies deep in a thread, it's 100% shitposting.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I wasn’t the one that asked the question “did you go to college?” But I understand why UK fans don’t want to discuss college for the most part

Is that why you’re here? To talk about college degrees and such? Really???Laughing

Is that why you’re here? To talk about college degrees and such? Really???Laughing

Again it was a Kentucky fan that brought up the college question. Why are you asking me this? Reading comprehension skills of the BBN on full display in this thread. Good lord

ADVERTISEMENT