ADVERTISEMENT

STEVE Forbes Wake Forest

BristVol

Gold Member
Sep 20, 2002
What is transfer rule for ETSU bb players that just signed with them. Any leniency on transfer to Wake with Forbes? Thx.

How many Wake Forest players with remaining eligibility, that haven't entered the transfer portal, can you name off the top of your head? I got all the way to two.

Olivier Sarr entered his name in the transfer portal. I think Wake already has 15th place locked up for 2021.

Sarr is a really nice player. I think he would be a great addition wherever he ends up.

Reactions: GE Nole
Wake Forest is a tough job. I've heard good things about Forbes but I'm not sure how he does at WF

Let’s go!!! Could be the difference between a Sweet Sixteen and a Final Four for UK. The one spot we needed a legit player and we just got one.

Pretty sure he will either get the waiver or go pro. Apparently going back to Forbes is not an option. Probably saw that video.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Forbes is a total tool

Yeah, I'm not a fan. I think he tries to hard to pick fights with the big boys and is pretty shady. And this is from someone who pulls for Tennessee when they play anyone except UNC.

Reactions: JimboBBN
That’s the bottom line. Only took a shot because we were after his player. He knows he doesn’t stand up to Kentucky. Douche bag

I always think that those talking points are kind of dopey and juvenile. Kentucky, like most big state schools, provides a good education to many people in the state. Wake Forest is a small private school. It may be more selective but I really doubt the quality of education is really that much better.

Guess we’ll see if the NCAA is “out to get” UK when they rule on his waiver.

I always think that those talking points are kind of dopey and juvenile. Kentucky, like most big state schools, provides a good education to many people in the state. Wake Forest is a small private school. It may be more selective but I really doubt the quality of education is really that much better.
Erin Calipari, Cals daughter, called out Forbes on twitter and totally clowned him. She’s a student at wake about to graduate and basically said in her field, UK would have been just as good if not better for her education.

Reactions: duckboy33
That's always how I've looked at it. If you're going to college at a major university then you're going to one of the better colleges in the world. I wouldn't compare Texas Tech to Duke or anything like that but they're much more comparable than Tech is to a community college.

That's always how I've looked at it. If you're going to college at a major university then you're going to one of the better colleges in the world. I wouldn't compare Texas Tech to Duke or anything like that but they're much more comparable than Tech is to a community college.

The difference is the "better" colleges are more selective. When the majority of your students are the brightest and most motivated, they should also be successful after they graduate. I'm not sure how much I attribute it towards the quality of education. The degree from those schools is basically an advertisement to potential employers that you're a bright and motivated person.

On the flip side, most big state schools are less selective and give potentially less motivated students a chance to turn things around. Many of those people do and are very successful after college.

I really don't think it matters after you've worked for a few years, have a resume and have built a reputation.

The difference is the "better" colleges are more selective. When the majority of your students are the brightest and most motivated, they should also be successful after they graduate. I'm not sure how much I attribute it towards the quality of education. The degree from those schools is basically an advertisement to potential employers that you're a bright and motivated person.

On the flip side, most big state schools are less selective and give potentially less motivated students a chance to turn things around. Many of those people do and are very successful after college.

I really don't think it matters after you've worked for a few years, have a resume and have built a reputation.

I agree. Once your rep is established and you attract the elite students they will succeed. LIke you all have said, a lot of it depends on the programs at the university. I know at a smaller school around here my brother went for Electrical Engineering and said when they received transfers form a very large, very private, very elite, and very expensive school they were overwhelmed at how much better and more difficult this much smaller school was.

Erin Calipari, Cals daughter, called out Forbes on twitter and totally clowned him. She’s a student at wake about to graduate and basically said in her field, UK would have been just as good if not better for her education.
She graduated from Wake like 7 years ago and has been working at Vanderbilt for a while now. You're thinking of what Marrow said.

so why did she choose to go to wake forest instead of UK then?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT