ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of 40-0.........

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
I mean, it is conceivable that Gonzaga goes into March unbeaten. If they get past their games vs Tenn(neutral site) and @ UNC, I don't see anyone beating them in the WCC. They beat a really good Duke team w/o Tille. That's impressive.

Get past Tenn and UNC.....Gonzaga could enter then NCAAT unbeaten.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Winning at UNC is gonna be really damn hard. And St Mary’s always plays them very tough, especially at home.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a 40-0 team in my lifetime but it's just too hard to do.

I think UK's record of 38-0 stands for a while. Think about it, there's only been 3 teams in history to win 38 games in a season.

Depaul and Pitt are still undefeated. It’s still possible
No reason to be a smart ass...Just pointing out that, ONE---Gonzaga is really good. TWO, Tenn and UNC will be the best two teams they play before and during conference play. It's quite plausible to think if they get past those two teams, they very well could be unbeaten going into the postseason.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
No reason to be a smart ass...Just pointing out that, ONE---Gonzaga is really good. TWO, Tenn and UNC will be the best two teams they play before and during conference play. It's quite plausible to think if they get past those two teams, they very well could be unbeaten going into the postseason.
Gonzaga played an A+ game against Duke and won by 2, a few nights earlier they went into overtime with illinois. Let's stop with the 40-0 crap.

This board really has nothing better to talk about other than unc cheating and who is going to go 40-0.

And I am calling bullshit on @jhmossy 's claim that two Duke grads bet him $1,000 that Duke would go undefeated.

Reactions: 829305
This board really has nothing better to talk about other than unc cheating and who is going to go 40-0.

And I am calling bullshit on @jhmossy 's claim that two Duke grads bet him $1,000 that Duke would go undefeated.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Gonzaga played an A+ game against Duke and won by 2, a few nights earlier they went into overtime with illinois. Let's stop with the 40-0 crap.

Gonzaga didn't play out of their minds. Their FG% was right in line with their average and they shot terribly from the FT line, especially down the stretch. They were practically begging Duke to steal the game at the end.

Reactions: RipThru and jhmossy

@LetsGoDuke301

Totally off topic, but let me know how your house is progressing. Hope you can get the help you need.

@LetsGoDuke301

Totally off topic, but let me know how your house is progressing. Hope you can get the help you need.
Our contractor says he can have the house ready for us to move into by middle of January. He tends to bullshit a lot though. Basically they have the subflooring and the roof done. Still have to insulate, sheetrock and paint. Plus they haven't even started on the HVAC, that shouldn't take long though. Hoping to find some good black Friday deals on appliances and furniture today. Insurance lowballed the hell out of those with depreciation. We are living in a downstairs bonus room at a friend's house. So ready to be out of there. But thankful for it nonetheless.

Thanks for asking.

Our contractor says he can have the house ready for us to move into by middle of January. He tends to bullshit a lot though. Basically they have the subflooring and the roof done. Still have to insulate, sheetrock and paint. Plus they haven't even started on the HVAC, that shouldn't take long though. Hoping to find some good black Friday deals on appliances and furniture today. Insurance lowballed the hell out of those with depreciation. We are living in a downstairs bonus room at a friend's house. So ready to be out of there. But thankful for it nonetheless.

Thanks for asking.

Every time I see one of your posts I think of those pictures of your house.

Good luck to you and your wife.

Without Killian Tille. And I'm in no way shape or form saying GU will go 40-0. BUT....there is a good chance they could be unbeaten heading into NCAAT IF-----IF they get by UNC and Tenn. It's not like Gonzaga plays in a rugged conference,that will present them with staunch competition night in, and night out. They will be huge favorites in each and every conference game. So get past UNC and UT----and well..........

Lets get two things clear:

1. I've never talked about UNC in regards to their issues. If I have, its been quite vague.

2. Never started a thread, or really participated in a thread pertaining to any team going 40-0. I only brought this up b/c of Gonzaga's remaining schedule. Get past UT and UNC unscathed, and their a high probability they enter the NCAAT unbeaten.

1. I've never talked about UNC in regards to their issues. If I have, its been quite vague.

2. Never started a thread, or really participated in a thread pertaining to any team going 40-0. I only brought this up b/c of Gonzaga's remaining schedule. Get past UT and UNC unscathed, and their a high probability they enter the NCAAT unbeaten.
Wasn't singling you out. Don't really see a problem with the OP. But if you go through the threads, for one reason or another one of those two things seem to constantly come up. To your credit, I think it is a legitimate thing to be curious about in the case of Gonzaga. If they make it through the OOC without a loss, they are in better shape than anyone else would be going into their conference season.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Wasn't singling you out. Don't really see a problem with the OP. But if you go through the threads, for one reason or another one of those two things seem to constantly come up. To your credit, I think it is a legitimate thing to be curious about in the case of Gonzaga. If they make it through the OOC without a loss, they are in better shape than anyone else would be going into their conference season.
I 100% should have worded my response differently. Sorry for coming off as a dick.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301

Your original post was legit. I also wasn’t referring to you when I gave props to LGD’s earlier post.

Certain posters, not you, are making the board a lot less appealing of late though.

Your original post was legit. I also wasn’t referring to you when I gave props to LGD’s earlier post.

Certain posters, not you, are making the board a lot less appealing of late though.
Yeah, my above post(quoted) came off wrong. I certainly should've worded it a tad different.

Gonzaga didn't play out of their minds. Their FG% was right in line with their average and they shot terribly from the FT line, especially down the stretch. They were practically begging Duke to steal the game at the end.
Yeah they came back down to earth late in the 2nd half but they shot 72% in the first half which is unreal. They are a really good team but they're not going undefeated, no one is. The whole 40-0 talk is annoying every year.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Without Killian Tille. And I'm in no way shape or form saying GU will go 40-0. BUT....there is a good chance they could be unbeaten heading into NCAAT IF-----IF they get by UNC and Tenn. It's not like Gonzaga plays in a rugged conference,that will present them with staunch competition night in, and night out. They will be huge favorites in each and every conference game. So get past UNC and UT----and well..........
Yeah their conference isn't that tough so you have a point, still don't see it happening.

Yeah their conference isn't that tough so you have a point, still don't see it happening.
Nor do I. Its why my thread title was , "Speaking of 40-0..."Winking Personally, I think they lose at UNC. But TBH, not so sure. Gonzaga is really, really good. ANd when they get Tille back? Yikes.

Nor do I. Its why my thread title was , "Speaking of 40-0..."Winking Personally, I think they lose at UNC. But TBH, not so sure. Gonzaga is really, really good. ANd when they get Tille back? Yikes.
Yeah but people forget just like when Tatum was out for Duke that "once he comes back" doesn't always work right away. Teams develop a chemistry and throwing another player in sometimes takes some time and adjustment. Again they are really good when they're clicking but also looked really bad at times in Maui... Just not against Duke (dammit).

Yeah but people forget just like when Tatum was out for Duke that "once he comes back" doesn't always work right away. Teams develop a chemistry and throwing another player in sometimes takes some time and adjustment. Again they are really good when they're clicking but also looked really bad at times in Maui... Just not against Duke (dammit).

Honest question: What would a team have to do this year for you to admit that they're better than Duke? I honestly think you feel that Duke is the best team this year no matter what.

True. But differenc is, Tatum was a freshman who never played' or played sparingly. Tille was Gonzaga's 2nd leading scorer last year. So there is that.

FTR, I really like Duke. They will learn from this. Duke in March is going to be a real headache.

Honest question: What would a team have to do this year for you to admit that they're better than Duke? I honestly think you feel that Duke is the best team this year no matter what.
Kinda of got that feeling as well. Gonzaga is really good. And will be even better when Tille returns. This might be Fews best team. Duke is good---really good. And will be difficult to handle come March. But there are teams as good, if not better. Gonzaga is one of them.

Reactions: jhmossy
Be better than Duke. I'm not going to knee jerk react like some guys did after the champions classic because Gonzaga beat Duke. It's one game, they played better and deserved the win but they've also looked bad in games. I still think Duke is the best team in the country but I don't think the gap is all that wide like ESPN was making it out to be.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Be better than Duke. I'm not going to knee jerk react like some guys did after the champions classic because Gonzaga beat Duke. It's one game, they played better and deserved the win but they've also looked bad in games. I still think Duke is the best team in the country but I don't think the gap is all that wide like ESPN was making it out to be.
I think that Duke is the best team also. They are young and they will not always bring their A game.

The best part about the 'assholes' on this board that follow Duke are class, they don't rub it in when their team wins big. I respect and appreciate that.

No team, in a long time, has ever beat a highly ranked Kentucky team like Duke did this month. Not one Duke fan on this board rubbed it in. They had to enjoy the hell out of it, but they were first class and did not "rub it in".

I feel that any Kentucky fan that rubs in any Duke loss this year is a total turdhead.

Reactions: tw3301 and Mac9192
This board is ridiculous sometimes, how about Gonzaga is ok and Duke is just above average, UK had a very off night and Dukes dominance was massively overhyped. We are 5 or so games into a long season and none of you know who's great.

Reactions: RonEJones
I actually wouldn't mind seeing a 40-0 team in my lifetime but it's just too hard to do.

I think UK's record of 38-0 stands for a while. Think about it, there's only been 3 teams in history to win 38 games in a season.

It’s even harder in a P5 conference

This board is ridiculous sometimes, how about Gonzaga is ok and Duke is just above average, UK had a very off night and Dukes dominance was massively overhyped. We are 5 or so games into a long season and none of you know who's great.
No, Gonzaga is really good, so is Duke. Kentucky isn’t that good yet, but if I was a betting man, I’d say Cal eventually gets them much better. Kansas and Virginia are legit as well.
Where you are right is the hype on Duke has been too extreme. Saying they are contenders is one thing, saying they could beat an nba team is ridiculous.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT