ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry Kansas and Kentucky…

KU was awful defensively the first half of the season, but has improved a lot over the last month or so. If we go on a run, I imagine we'll finish top 20 defensively. I imagine the same is true for Kentucky. If they go on a run, they'll finish top 20 defensively as well.

Figured everybody knew this by now, considering it’s brought up practically every day.

In short….OP fail.
My guess is that people have looked at the same data leading into the tournament and realized that it was so varied it could include 2/3 of the field in a given year…which is why no one uses the pre-tourney data.

NsjILYI.gif

I get the feeling, given all these stats and metrics that have been shared over the last few days, that some established trends are about to get bucked with this year's tournament.

............either that or we might as well hand Kentucky the trophy now, seeing as how they cross off the most check marks, and I'm not prepared to watch another Kentucky national title run. I don't know about the rest of you, though.

These numbers expand yearly. For a while it was “every champion since (enter year) has finished in the top 10 of both AdjO and AdjD.” Then it became top 20. Now it’s 20/40. We’re a fluke run away from every prospective champion needing at least a top 150 AdjO and AdjD.

ADVERTISEMENT