ADVERTISEMENT

So Durant....

That does not correct the vagueness part for the obvious reason that "important" is itself vague, so you're a bit premature on the "you're welcome" aspect.

KD and Kyrie won't win a title, aka, the only thing that's important to NBA teams.

I've never once seen someone take "won't win anything" on twitter, here, etc. as literal as you did lol. Most people see that as ya know, a title......thought it was common knowledge that I was referring to a title....

Last edited:
KD and Kyrie won't win a title, aka, the only thing that's important to NBA teams.

I've never once seen someone take "won't win anything" on twitter, here, etc. as literal as you did lol. Most people see that as ya know, a title......thought it was common knowledge that I was referring to a title....

So "anything" and "anything important" are now synonymous with "title or bust?" That's in conflict with common parlance (this very board would take umbrage with the championships are the only important thing idea), the literal meaning of words, and how NBA teams are run, but sure.

And just to be clear, your prediction is that the Nets will not win an NBA title with Kyrie and KD, which is about as bold as a glass of skim milk is spicy.

He may very well join the Lakers. But I would check your sources. That guy's twitter account says that he's a "Lakers insider from Reddit."

He’s apparently a well known insider though. Dude got 30k followers in a day. Called Horford to 76ers, PG resign, etc.

So "anything" and "anything important" are now synonymous with "title or bust?" That's in conflict with common parlance (this very board would take umbrage with the championships are the only important thing idea), the literal meaning of words, and how NBA teams are run, but sure.

And just to be clear, your prediction is that the Nets will not win an NBA title with Kyrie and KD, which is about as bold as a glass of skim milk is spicy.

Bruh I am not arguing over somethin this stupid.

It is my belief that there is nothing else that is important to any NBA team besides championships. Conference champ and/or NBA champ are the only team banners I’ve seen hanging from the rafters. When I said win anything, it was a reference to a title. Most people understood that.

Obviously neither of the 2 are going to have their jersey’s hanging in Brooklyn’s rafters. I’m also a believer that KD wants to win a title somewhere else so he shuts everyone up. I don’t think that happens with Kyrie and the Nets. I think it was a bad move.

KD is still the ultimate beta bitch and I feel so confident in his beta bitchness that I would say that to his face knowing he wouldn't do jack shit.
I think both Kyrie and KD will struggle with the NY media. They get offended very easily and that is not the type of person who can handle the heat in NYC where even if you are going well, will still come after you.

Reactions: GE Nole and jhmossy
I’m setting the over/under of the number of regular season games KD and Kyrie will play together over the next 3 seasons at 105.

Thoughts?

Oh and I’m taking the under. What a ridiculous waste of money by the Nets.

Reactions: UL_1986
I’m setting the over/under of the number of regular season games KD and Kyrie will play together over the next 3 seasons at 105.

Thoughts?

Oh and I’m taking the under. What a ridiculous waste of money by the Nets.
Yep. Durant ain’t playing next year obviously, and the season after will be telling to see how he recovers from such an awful injury. Brooklyn really is taking quite a chance, but I agree with 105, I’d be willing to say even less. Maybe 80 something, depending on KDs health and mental fortitude to get back out there and play.

Reactions: GE Nole
Yep. Durant ain’t playing next year obviously, and the season after will be telling to see how he recovers from such an awful injury. Brooklyn really is taking quite a chance, but I agree with 105, I’d be willing to say even less. Maybe 80 something, depending on KDs health and mental fortitude to get back out there and play.

Yeah it very well could be 80 or so. I just figured people wouldn’t believe it if I set the over/under at 85.

ADVERTISEMENT