ADVERTISEMENT

Slept on it...

Yeah... I've watched it all as well. Video of the seniors crying in the locker-room after the game. The team's welcome back to Lubbock. It was all desperately sad.

Beats the season ending in the first round of the Big 12 tournament. But I was not prepared for this.
I'll pass on the "branded" pun.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
Sorry OP, definitely know the feeling.

Losing Saturday hurt worse than losing with 13 seconds left to FSU in the BCS title game in 2013.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I still feel like I got punched in the gut. So so proud of our team though. Its was an amazing ride. I hope it isn't our only trip to this level, because its so damn hard to get here to begin with.

I love everyone on that team. Best season ever of Tech basketball. I will remember those guys until I die. That said it will also hurt until I die.

Slept 3 nights now and it still sucks. Sorry OP

Sorry OP, definitely know the feeling.

Losing Saturday hurt worse than losing with 13 seconds left to FSU in the BCS title game in 2013.

Thanks. Sorry to y'all as well. At least our teams got to cut down some nets. Last season we lost to Villanova and had to watch them do that.

I love everyone on that team. Best season ever of Tech basketball. I will remember those guys until I die. That said it will also hurt until I die.

Thanks. Sorry to y'all as well. At least our teams got to cut down some nets. Last season we lost to Villanova and had to watch them do that.

Y’all had a damn good season and have nothing to be ashamed of. Playing deep into the tourney will become commonplace under Beard.

You would have been a very deserving champion. I would have been gutted if UVA lost so I can try to understand how you're feeling. Hopefully Beard sticks around and doesn't leave for a bigger name. You have a really incredible coach that can definitely win you a championship. I will be rooting for you guys going forward.

Yup, know the feeling, it sucks.

You should feel what it felt like for UK to lose to Wisconsin in the 2015 FF with a perfect season and a lead with 2 minutes left.

That one still stings and that was a year removed from losing in the NCAAT title game. Ugh.

What makes it all so much worse is the long wait for the next season to begin.

Now all we can do is wait and hope we get key underclassmen back. Double ugh.

Reactions: TechFan88
Yup, know the feeling, it sucks.

You should feel what it felt like for UK to lose to Wisconsin in the 2015 FF with a perfect season and a lead with 2 minutes left.

That one still stings and that was a year removed from losing in the NCAAT title game. Ugh.

What makes it all so much worse is the long wait for the next season to begin.

Now all we can do is wait and hope we get key underclassmen back. Double ugh.
2015 doesn't bother me as much as 99 for some reason.

Reactions: sgrooms
2015 doesn't bother me as much as 99 for some reason.
Sigh.

I'll never get over 2015. NJIT could have won that championship and I'd feel the same.

I think some think ppl hate losing titles to other teams. I just hate losing titles. Who wins them doesn't matter.

I remember how we lost each tournament, not who won.

Last edited:
You should be proud of your teams accomplishments. Getting to the title game is amazing. Being in an overtime battle with a one seed is amazing.

Texas tech did good and beat all expectations. Own it
That’s just something winners say to make losers feel better about themselves.

Reactions: Monorojo
Hold your head up TT fans. Most schools never played for a title.

Or was it A&M, all the Texas schools look the same.

Really I'm just hoping to win enough that people at least learn our name. It's Texas Tech. Why is that so hard? They announced us taking the court for the Final Four open practice as the Texas Red Raiders.

I'm not over the '97. One guy hits one free throw.

My wife says I celebrate too short and mourn too long.

All glory is fleeting and its definitely mourning. The rest of the world moves on and your just trying to process it. Like when we lost in the Elite 8 everyone just moves on and your still processing the other team cutting down the nets. But its really the same when you make it all the way to the last game.

How about getting beat at the buzzer? I wasn’t right for about a week. TT fans, most of us know your pain and I just hope Beard stays put, he’s a household name and I’m sure we will be hearing a lot from you guys going forward.

Imagine MSU and KU fans. MSU 9 FF's and 1 title , KU 15 FF's and 3 titles.

Imagine MSU and KU fans. MSU 9 FF's and 1 title , KU 15 FF's and 3 titles.

Yeah, imagine even being some other Big 12 schools-

KU (15 Final Fours and only 3 Titles)

Oklahoma (5 Final Fours, 3 National Title Game Appearances, 0 titles).

Kansas State (4 Final Fours, 0 Championships)

Texas (3 Final Fours, 0 Championships).

Life goes on. It does suck, and hopefully Tech will be back there some day.

Making it to the championship game and losing always hurts but I’ve found what hurts even more is when you’re supposed to make it to the Final Four/Title Game but you lose beforehand.

2010 and 2011 were the worst for me. In 2010 I didn’t even watch the rest of the tournament and I stayed off this board for about 3 weeks. It sucked that bad.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
How about getting beat at the buzzer? I wasn’t right for about a week. TT fans, most of us know your pain and I just hope Beard stays put, he’s a household name and I’m sure we will be hearing a lot from you guys going forward.

I was trying to forget that basketball year. My Tarheels and Warriors losing in similar fashion stung. The next year was a great redemption tour. Before I get the Warriors bandwagon chatter, I've been a loyal fan since the Jason Richardson days.

still really sucks.
I can understand that, but you guys played like champs. It was a great game and y'all definitely deserved to be there. Y'all got less press of any team going into the tourney and you showed everyone, Tech is a force to be reckoned with! Be proud!! Guns UP!!!!:)

ADVERTISEMENT