ADVERTISEMENT

Silvio De Sousa

KUhawks34

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2006
Officially to start practicing with KU December 26th!

Hopefully Preston is next. Dok just needs a capable 4 man next to him and he will be even more difficult to guard.

Cleared to practice, not play. At least not yet. Aka it's waiting on the NCAA but KU admitted him.

So is he going to show up driving a car from Pollard, jeep from Lafrentz, or suv from Mclemore?

So is he going to show up driving a car from Pollard, jeep from Lafrentz, or suv from Mclemore?

Hard to say. More importantly, was Derrick Rose his SAT consultant? That Memphis program was sketchy after all. Thankfully, Calipari got all his cheating out of the way before going to Kentucky. Now he gets far better classes without cheating at all! It's amazing....

It is nice to hear a player you've been missing to start practicing. I read earlier today that Vanderbilt was on the court in New Orleans practicing with the team.

Reactions: TheWizardofOz12
Hard to say. More importantly, was Derrick Rose his SAT consultant? That Memphis program was sketchy after all. Thankfully, Calipari got all his cheating out of the way before going to Kentucky. Now he gets far better classes without cheating at all! It's amazing....

Even if we're cheating like crazy........ we're 100 times better at hiding it than KU's walking time bombs known as players

That's a question nobody can answer

How many games did Kantar miss? UK Fans continue to leave his name out

#kentuckyeffect

That's a question nobody can answer
How many games did Kantar miss? UK Fans continue to leave his name out

UK fans still claim Kanter because he helped UK a great deal as a student assistant coach,practicing with the team all year and helping Harrellson playing a part to lead us to a Final Four.

UK had nothing to do with Kanter being ineligible. That was all Turkey pro leagues.

UK fans still claim Kanter because he helped UK a great deal as a student assistant coach,practicing with the team all year and helping Harrellson playing a part to lead us to a Final Four.

UK had nothing to do with Kanter being ineligible. That was all Turkey pro leagues.
And KU had nothing to do with Cliff Alexander. That was his mom.

And KU had nothing to do with Cliff Alexander. That was his mom.
I wouldn't quite compare the two. Kanter played where he could in Turkey and his dad aka, Dr. Kanter, put all the money aside and offered to give it back in hopes that it didn't ruin his amateur status. Maybe Alexander's mom did the same, IDK.

I wouldn't quite compare the two. Kanter played where he could in Turkey and his dad aka, Dr. Kanter, put all the money aside and offered to give it back in hopes that it didn't ruin his amateur status. Maybe Alexander's mom did the same, IDK.

It’s not that I am comparing the situations because they are much different. Either way the school is not at fault regardless of the situation.

coming in this late i am not sure how much he can help KU
i feel the same way about Vanderbilt and UK
but then you look at the impact Stokes had at UT a few years ago, he played like he had practiced since the early summer

KU is so thin in the front court that no matter what he is going to help.

He needs to give KU minutes, rebounds, defense and a interior presence. That is easily attainable and honestly he is physical specimen. He physically ready.

Is he going to come in score? No. But we don’t need him to. We need that From Preston and will get that from him when he is cleared.

Dok is already a beast inside. He is only getting better but he is literally the only post player we have. The next one is Svi.

DeSousa won’t show up in the stat sheet but his presence will be felt. Dok can rest a little bit more and doesn’t have to worry about fouling as much. DeSousa is a talented kid and can easily get 6 a game on putbacks. He’s not going to be looking to get 20 points a game. He will know his role and by doing his role well, he will fall into 5-8 points a game.

Preston/DeSousa are going to make life easier for Dok. Dok will not be the most lethal threat to score. That’ll be Preston. Preston can score from anywhere. Will be very difficult to guard our interior because you will have to guard Preston and Dok one one one with no help. This is when our 3pt shooting becomes effective.

Right now we are Dok and chuck up 3s. The ball will go into Dok/Preston every non fast break possession and our offense will become very efficient. Defense still needs work.

It’s not that I am comparing the situations because they are much different. Either way the school is not at fault regardless of the situation.
Agree. Sometimes the University ends up paying the price for things that happen prior to their involvement. Take Derrick Rose as an example.

coming in this late i am not sure how much he can help KU
i feel the same way about Vanderbilt and UK
but then you look at the impact Stokes had at UT a few years ago, he played like he had practiced since the early summer

Even if he were just a big body out there to draw fouls, it would help a lot. But I think he has a chance to be a lot more by the end of the year.

Preston will definitely make an impact.

Reactions: KUhawks34
KU is so thin in the front court that no matter what he is going to help.

He needs to give KU minutes, rebounds, defense and a interior presence. That is easily attainable and honestly he is physical specimen. He physically ready.

Is he going to come in score? No. But we don’t need him to. We need that From Preston and will get that from him when he is cleared.

Dok is already a beast inside. He is only getting better but he is literally the only post player we have. The next one is Svi.

DeSousa won’t show up in the stat sheet but his presence will be felt. Dok can rest a little bit more and doesn’t have to worry about fouling as much. DeSousa is a talented kid and can easily get 6 a game on putbacks. He’s not going to be looking to get 20 points a game. He will know his role and by doing his role well, he will fall into 5-8 points a game.

Preston/DeSousa are going to make life easier for Dok. Dok will not be the most lethal threat to score. That’ll be Preston. Preston can score from anywhere. Will be very difficult to guard our interior because you will have to guard Preston and Dok one one one with no help. This is when our 3pt shooting becomes effective.

Right now we are Dok and chuck up 3s. The ball will go into Dok/Preston every non fast break possession and our offense will become very efficient. Defense still needs work.
Nailed it. De Sousa will be an immediate impact player, moreso because we’re paper thin in the post. Hell, even having his 5 fouls available will be impactful.

I’m not expecting a AA to suddenly appear in a KU uni, but he’s a hell of a lot more serviceable in the post than Clay Young or Lightfoot.

There’s a whole forum for trolling Kansas you don’t need to pop in to every Kansas thread regardless of topic and drop these pearls among swine. This is good stuff I bet rupp rafters would love it. Shwagg might have an orgasm.

There’s a whole forum for trolling Kansas you don’t need to pop in to every Kansas thread regardless of topic and drop these pearls among swine. This is good stuff I bet rupp rafters would love it. Shwagg might have an orgasm.

If you want a safe space........ your home board is that way ------------>

My current observation-when I look at the banter between Duke, UNC, KU, and UK (not in any particular order) it is fun for the most part, and not gnerally mean spirited, but there is zero humor from the MSU fans. I speak from experience because my parents were Yoopers where the only humor is among the French.

ADVERTISEMENT