ADVERTISEMENT

Silvio de Sousa suspended indefinitely

What really sucks is all the money we spent on legal representation to get him reinstated. Absolutely no ROI from him. ;)
lol. If we cant laugh about it... This just felt like the right moment. The look on Coach Self's face last night both as he's keeping the players separated, and then afterwards tells a tale. Probably of wondering why he didn't take that NBA job at the end of the 18-19 season.

giphy.gif
selfrain.gif

giphy.gif

Lol @ comparing tripping in a game to throwing punches, curb stomping and towering over handicapped folks with a chair.

McCormack and De Sousa should be done for the year.

It was a joke, obviously. I think De Sousa should be done for awhile. Maybe for the year. But now that you mention it, one game for Allen was a f***ing joke. A true court thug who was allowed to get away with his bullshit again and again and again. I would have loved to see one of those players beat the shit out of that nancy.

When did this curbstomp happen? I haven’t seen one of those since American History X.

Kansas basketball is the absolute worst, need more suspensions and eventually self needs to show himself the door.

It doesn’t really matter. KU has the depth to withstand the losses, these aren’t NBA talents or anything.

Honestly thought McCormack did the most damage. Looked like he threw the first actual punch (at the back of the guy's head). Then he threw punches and stomps when it moved into the crowd. Surprised he got the fewest games. I'd have to watch the vid again though.

In hindsight, it really wasn't all that bad. Mostly aggressive shoving with a few bombs here and there. Stoolgate and two 7 footers storming through disabled people made it look way worse.

Reactions: Montana81
Two 5 star guys is a pretty sizable loss. Its not like we are some juggernaut

When the primary offender is averaging under 3 PPG and the secondary offender under 10 PPG, I don’t think I am going out on a limb here. TTU nearly won the title last year with an 8 man rotation, KU is more than capable of winning it all without a few luxury options.

When the primary offender is averaging under 3 PPG and the secondary offender under 10 PPG, I don’t think I am going out on a limb here. TTU nearly won the title last year with an 8 man rotation, KU is more than capable of winning it all without a few luxury options.

You do realize that McCormack has started nearly every game, right? And that this leaves them with one true big man?

We now know that an indefinite suspension at Kansas equals 12 games.
They suspended him indefinitely the morning after and waited until the big 12/schools collaborated on the length of the suspension. Im guessing Self will issue some statement that also says he will have to comply with internal rules and expectations during the suspension to be eligible after the 12 games.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
In hindsight, it really wasn't all that bad. Mostly aggressive shoving with a few bombs here and there. Stoolgate and two 7 footers storming through disabled people made it look way worse.

I agree. sometimes dudes, especially rivals, throw down. It just looked bad because of it spilled into the crippled fans. Whatevs...it added some excitement to an otherwise bland season of college basketball.

I agree. sometimes dudes, especially rivals, throw down. It just looked bad because of it spilled into the crippled fans. Whatevs...it added some excitement to an otherwise bland season of college basketball.

The national outrage is kind of funny. If this happens in baseball, no one even talks about it.

Reactions: Sound.Slave
It doesn’t really matter. KU has the depth to withstand the losses, these aren’t NBA talents or anything.
Not really...we have a 3 big man rotation, and will be without two of them. We will be fine when Dok is on the court, but when he has to sit we will have to go small....very small. It will have an impact. Hopefully we will be can get past OSU without DMac. We will be fine when he is back.

Speaking of which, do you remember that KU/Mizzou baseball brawl about a decade ago?

Yeah, vaguely. Don’t remember the details, but I’m guessing it didn’t spark a national outrage.

Probably resembled a Mortal Kombat scene and no one batted an eye.Laughing

Not really...we have a 3 big man rotation, and will be without two of them. We will be fine when Dok is on the court, but when he has to sit we will have to go small....very small. It will have an impact. Hopefully we will be can get past OSU without DMac. We will be fine when he is back.

So Kansas might lose a game, but probably not because oSu sucks. Got it. Like I said they will be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT