ADVERTISEMENT

SI - Teams with best chance to win natty

tenor.gif

Big Ten or the Blue Bloods?
Just UK...Every year----Recruitng class greatness....Win the Bahama National title twice...Then Global Game Gold....Or some summer league stuff like that. National title fav's---or among those.

Then go 9-16...Lose in First round....lose in second round.

So I guess a SW 16 is in order this year? All the while , UConn wins the title. ;) .

Big 10 is a good conference. Just hasn't had that elite team. Some really good teams,though. I guess you could say 2013 Indiana and 2015 Wisky were elite? Conference holds its own usually in the NCAAT---just cant win the biggie. Not sure any other conference(ACC?)---has had 6 different members play for a Natty since 2000: Indiana, OSU, Wisky, Michigan, Illinois amd MSU. ACC---UL, Duke, UNC, Cuse(BE or ACC then?). MD was ACC in 2002, UVA. So I guess the ACC is on par. MOF, make that 6 or 7: GaTech as well.

SEC---Nope(2)---UK/Florida
B12---Nope(3)--KU, TTU and Baylor
BE---Nope--Not sure with UL/Cuse. Villanova for sure.

Getting 6 different teams in 22 tournaments, into the title game IMO shows conference depth. More impressive than one or two teams carrying the load.

JMO

• Sad
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Just UK...Every year----Recruitng class greatness....Win the Bahama National title twice...Then Global Game Gold....Or some summer league stuff like that. National title fav's---or among those.

Then go 9-16...Lose in First round....lose in second round.

So I guess a SW 16 is in order this year? All the while , UConn wins the title. ;) .

Big 10 is a good conference. Just hasn't had that elite team. Some really good teams,though. I guess you could say 2013 Indiana and 2015 Wisky were elite? Conference holds its own usually in the NCAAT---just cant win the biggie. Not sure any other conference(ACC?)---has had 6 different members play for a Natty since 2000: Indiana, OSU, Wisky, Michigan, Illinois amd MSU. ACC---UL, Duke, UNC, Cuse(BE or ACC then?). MD was ACC in 2002, UVA. So I guess the ACC is on par. MOF, make that 6 or 7: GaTech as well.

SEC---Nope(2)---UK/Florida
B12---Nope(3)--KU, TTU and Baylor
BE---Nope--Not sure with UL/Cuse. Villanova for sure.

Getting 6 different teams in 22 tournaments, into the title game IMO shows conference depth. More impressive than one or two teams carrying the load.

JMO
You just compared the entire BIG to UK. It seems it would be easier for an entire conference to get one than one team. There's two BIG teams who have better odds than UK.

Also, Vegas made those odds, not UK fans.

You just compared the entire BIG to UK. It seems it would be easier for an entire conference to get one than one team. There's two BIG teams who have better odds than UK.

How did I compare the entire B10 to UK, when my comparison was with other conferences? ACC, BE, B12 and the SEC?

Also, I never "UK fans..."---I smply said, "UK"---Not who made the predicition. I understand who made the prediction. But lets not be coy, here now.......

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Vegas makes odds to even out bets. Blue Bloods get some extra betting love, either through overzealous fans or from an average person who may or may not pay much attention. That said, I don’t know how much of an impact on odds that has. Just that Vegas isn’t necessarily interested in predicting winners except to make money and manage their risk.

ADVERTISEMENT