ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas (and me) just got bent over by the refs

What I'm saying is, you can't let that go all game long, then call it at the end of the game with the game on the line and also, how do you call that, when you let so much other hard contact go?
How do we know they did(let it go all game)? Do you recall another instance where a guy went up to shoot, and he was pushed while in the air?

I agree it needs to be consistent. We harp on that as a crew....We always say---"when we make that hold/handcheck/illegal screen call, we have now married ourselves to that call.

How do we know they did(let it go all game)? Do you recall another instance where a guy went up to shoot, and he was pushed while in the air?

I agree it needs to be consistent. We harp on that as a crew....We always say---"when we make that hold/handcheck/illegal screen call, we have now married ourselves to that call.
In my mind, it didn’t look like much contact, because it wasn't. I think he may have touched him, but that happens so often, especially in the paint, with no call.
I just don't think that was a foul.

In my mind, it didn’t look like much contact, because it wasn't. I think he may have touched him, but that happens so often, especially in the paint, with no call.
I just don't think that was a foul.
Having your hand on a player is not grounds for a foul...BUT, if you extend your arm, its a foul, and its a foul, and its gonna get called.

How bad the contact is, is irrelevant. Its "what did the contact CAUSE"?. Like I said, go outside or anywhere. Shoot a jumper and have someone push you. You'll see how much of an impact that has.

Having your hand on a player is not grounds for a foul...BUT, if you extend your arm, its a foul, and its a foul, and its gonna get called.

How bad the contact is, is irrelevant. Its "what did the contact CAUSE"?. Like I said, go outside or anywhere. Shoot a jumper and have someone push you. You'll see how much of an impact that has.
You just can't call that at that point in the game when you have let far more contact go all game long.

Reactions: treyforuk
Totally bad call and they were letting them play all game.
It's just not being consistent with how they had been calling the game imo

Check this out. Arkansas guy got his 5th foul on a charge that wasn't a charge, because the defender was in the restricted arch.
Foul happened under the 2 minute mark. There was a long break and we were led to believe they were reviewing the call and I was stunned they didn't overturn it. But the reason why it wasn't overturned, is because someone told the refs it was not reviewable. These guys should know the rules.

SEC releases statement on missed call during Arkansas-Missouri game

• Angry
Reactions: boilerzz
Again, not all contact is the same---Noe does it have the same impact. I've called that exact same foul and coach says, "Borden you're calling that, but you all are letting all that banging go on in the paint"?

Me: Contact is inevitable down there(paint). But your guy had a choice on that play, and he decided to extend his arm...That's a choice coach. And a bad one..

Look, I know its look weak---And it is. But you don't need a car wreck to have a foul. Arky guy having his hand on his hip wan't the problem---Extending as the shooter becomes airborne was. You have played ball I'm sure. Ever went up to shoot a jumpre and had someone give ya a push? Yeah, ****s your shot up something crazy. Again, the contact does't have to be substantial to be a foul.
I always appreciate your takes on this. It helps me see the light through a biased lens.
Go back and look and Borden is 75%+ on his ref view.
There are some things he gets wrong even after watching, but that's refs.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Arky perimeter defenders, especially Davis, get physical and guide the dribbler off the other team constantly in the games I've seen. When they let most of it go then tighten a whistle in the final 2 minute nobody likes it on either side.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Check this out. Arkansas guy got his 5th foul on a charge that wasn't a charge, because the defender was in the restricted arch.
Foul happened under the 2 minute mark. There was a long break and we were led to believe they were reviewing the call and I was stunned they didn't overturn it. But the reason why it wasn't overturned, is because someone told the refs it was not reviewable. These guys should know the rules.

@IUfanBorden

I wonder if DraftKings will pay me the $300 I lost in parlays because they
se guys were inept. 💩🤬🤷‍♂️

Reactions: kyjeff1
Not acceptable. Guys are getting paid upwards to $3000 a game----You should know the damn rules pertaining to what can, and cannot be reviewed.. This burns my ass more than anything. Look we are gonna miss shit----that happens. At times you may get yourself out of position.....that happens. But there is NO EXCUSE for not knowing a god damn rule, such as this. Sure there is shit that happens and we are like---"Ok, lets discuss this"---Weird shit that rrely occurs----I get that.

But this? No. 100% not acceptable. And I don't give two ****s what the replay folks say. You HAVE to know you can review this.

ADVERTISEMENT