ADVERTISEMENT

Semi Ojeleye/Coach K

Pretty sure the getting down on her knees is a cultural thing to show deference.

I was going to type something like that, but wasn't sure if I was being racist by talking about an African woman kneeling at the feet of the Great White Man.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...pave_semi_ojeleye_s_path_to_home_with_celtics

Some very interesting quotes in here, and not good optics for K at all. And yes before you start crying every coach has done this at some point. Doesn't make it any better.

DcNsPsBXUAEqgX-.jpg

DcNsQ2OU0AAQcIk.jpg

DcNsRnHWsAIQuox.jpg
Coach K being his normal self. He studied under Bob Knight and is a Bob Knight disciple. The apple does not fall far from the tree.

Reactions: treyforuk
What coach doesn't get upset when mommy comes crying to a coach about player concerns? Coach owes no one a explanation.
She clearly is a liberal, and Duke should be held accountable for not having a safe closet .

I was going to type something like that, but wasn't sure if I was being racist by talking about an African woman kneeling at the feet of the Great White Man.
It's the same in India; certain cultures have such incredible respect for men in power (doctors, lawyers, politicians, etc.). It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Semi's mom fell to her knees in reverence if she felt like she offended Coach K by asking him the question about Semi's playing time.

It's just a cultural thing.

Only thing I remember about Semi is him being a quitter and missing out on a Natty at Duke. His loss.

How many 5 stars are willing to plant their asses on the bench for two or three years because their coach wants to play 7? He obviously deserved more playing time.

It's amazing that Duke is able to sign so many top recruits with a small rotation. Nike must offer extremely competitive benefits.

How many 5 stars are willing to plant their asses on the bench for two or three years because their coach wants to play 7? He obviously deserved more playing time.

It's amazing that Duke is able to sign so many top recruits with a small rotation. Nike must offer extremely competitive benefits.

Your infatuation with all things Duke is hilarious. Again, Semi missed out on a Natty because he quit. His loss.

I always hate when a kid leaves Duke. I adored it so much, it's hard when someone else doesn't find the joy there.

Your college experience might have been a just a little different from that of a high major, Division 1 athlete.

Your college experience might have been a just a little different from that of a high major, Division 1 athlete.

I WAS a high major, D1 athlete. At Duke. I have some idea of what it is like.

Not basketball, of course. I am sure they slay a LOT more pussy, and get spoiled a lot more;)

Reactions: Hank_
Is there an example of K being an abusive coach?
I don't know about K, but there's plenty of Cal moments of calling players selfish mothertruckers. Its right there and easy to lip read.I would post a link but it's easier to not type anymore.

any prospect who isn't ranked in the top 10 nationally and goes to Duke anyway gets exactly what they deserve. Only a moron would go to Duke in that situation and then act shocked when they find out Duke has other players ahead of him.

Is there an example of K being an abusive coach?
I attended a Duke game at NC State and sat a few rows up behind the Duke bench. I never heard so may curse words come out of one man in my life. He definitely abuses the English language and was cursing his players for mistakes they made. He is not the saint the media makes him out to be.

I attended a Duke game at NC State and sat a few rows up behind the Duke bench. I never heard so may curse words come out of one man in my life. He definitely abuses the English language and was cursing his players for mistakes they made. He is not the saint the media makes him out to be.
A coach that doesn't curse is Josh Pastner.

I am terribly sorry that you had to witness such abuse. You sound like a pussy.

Man, I couldn't see ANYTHING in that video.

And yeah... I don't get who gets upset by cursing. I don't think there are any words someone could use that would genuinely offend me. I might get offended for others if you drop some horrible racial slur or something, but me actually getting offended...?

ADVERTISEMENT