ADVERTISEMENT

Selection show

I mean no disrespect to my UVA friends (who I have a lot of admiration for), but how did the committee pick Virginia over Pitt? We had the higher NET, higher BPI, and beat them by double-digits in Charlottesville.

I don’t mean to complain, and we could’ve done more to take matters into our own hands, but I’m make it make sense!
I'm thinking it's the OOC schedule. Pitt best win appears to be a Oregon St who only have 13 wins. Virginia does have wins over Florida/A&M who are both in the tournament. However, these things change every year. We got left out last year despite finishing 3rd in the ACC.

Of course you feel like that.😂
Huh? Get over yourself. Look at their bracket. Avoided teams that can really score the ball. A possible 2nd round game vs TTU or NCSU? SW 16 game vs Marquette----Possible regional final vs HOU? UK matches up very well with all three. And neither, except maybe MU, can score with UK. Problem with UK is, when they face teams that can match them offensively---or come close. Teams that slow it down, muck it up, etc??---I think UK has to much scoring power for that type of play.

Now, if somehow UF and A&M advance to the Regionals? Could be a problem.

Is it possible to have a conversation with you, w/o the bullshit? My post with made with basketball acumen...Yours with the same old, "errrbody hates us".

Reactions: Deepelm
I'm thinking it's the OOC schedule. Pitt best win appears to be an Oregon St who only have 13 wins. Virginia does have wins over Florida/A&M who are both in the tournament. However, these things change every year. We got left out last year despite finishing 3rd in the ACC.
What kills me is that had we replaced any of our weak non-conference games with Duquesne, who we ended our series with a few years ago, we’d be a tournament team today. Also doesn’t help that we got a poor draw in the ACC/SEC Challenge (which we also lost).

Didn’t expect a 3 bid Big East, surprised Seton Hall, St.Johns and Providence all missing out.
TBH, outside of UCONN, CRE and MU, the league wasn't all that impressive. Nova was meh....So was Xavier. Providence as well.

I thought possibly 4, maybe 5. Three really doesn't shock me.

What kills me is that had we replaced any of our weak non-conference games with Duquesne, who we ended our series with a few years ago, we’d be a tournament team today. Also doesn’t help that we got a poor draw in the ACC/SEC Challenge (which we also lost).
I thought Pitt had a good shot. Its just crazy, really. We could "argue" Team A over Team B, then turn around and argue Team C over both. Such a fine, fine line. I wouldn't want the job.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
How in the hell is Mich St. a 9 seed? They shouldn't have even made it.
iu

I thought Pitt had a good shot. It’s just crazy, really. We could "argue" Team A over Team B, then turn around and argue Team C over both. Such a fine, fine line. I wouldn't want the job.
Agreed with all of this. I’d be more upset about it most years, but I had resigned myself to us missing out with how many bid stealers there were this year. Just a lot of tough luck for the bubble teams… we should’ve done more with what was in our control.

Reactions: Sparty_57
Huh? Get over yourself. Look at their bracket. Avoided teams that can really score the ball. A possible 2nd round game vs TTU or NCSU? SW 16 game vs Marquette----Possible regional final vs HOU? UK matches up very well with all three. And neither, except maybe MU, can score with UK. Problem with UK is, when they face teams that can match them offensively---or come close. Teams that slow it down, muck it up, etc??---I think UK has to much scoring power for that type of play.

Now, if somehow UF and A&M advance to the Regionals? Could be a problem.

Is it possible to have a conversation with you, w/o the bullshit? My post with made with basketball acumen...Yours with the same old, "errrbody hates us".
You shouldn’t take this stuff so serious. I was joking! It’s not hard to tell that you don’t care for UK that much though and that’s ok. I’m not crazy about IU either. I don’t play the “everybody hates us” shit because I know people don’t like UK and I enjoy it. As far as our road goes it may not be the hardest but it’s not the easiest either. NC State just beat a really good UNc team yesterday and they have a big down low that I’m not sure we can guard. We struggle with big aggressive guys. MU could be without one of their good players but they can still beat us. Really good team. Oh yea, Houston is all up in you on defense. UK doesn’t handle that well either so there’s that!

In terms of history---yeah. But I think PU has really upgraded with JOnes and Colvin. PLus, Smith and Loyer have gotten better----expecially Smith.

I just haven't been impressed with AZ all year. Up and down. Cant really say that about PU.
Chucky outplayed Smith yesterday. I wouldn’t trust a Ben Affleck in March.

You shouldn’t take this stuff so serious. I was joking! It’s not hard to tell that you don’t care for UK that much though and that’s ok. I’m not crazy about IU either. I don’t play the “everybody hates us” shit because I know people don’t like UK and I enjoy it. As far as our road goes it may not be the hardest but it’s not the easiest either. NC State just beat a really good UNc team yesterday and they have a big down low that I’m not sure we can guard. We struggle with big aggressive guys. MU could be without one of their good players but they can still beat us. Really good team. Oh yea, Houston is all up in you on defense. UK doesn’t handle that well either so there’s that!
I "care" for UK a lot more than what you think....You guys(not specifically you) are easy pickin's. Ever wonder why @Random UK Fan , @JimboBBN , @lurkeraspect84 never get upset with "UK post"? They know.

I take very, very little on this board serious. I tret it like a bar....

UK got a favorable draw. NCAAT is match-up's, match-up, match-ups. I don't care that NCSU just beat UNC. They do not match up well with UK. Yeah they got the big----but they struggle at times scoring the ball. Not very good defensively. That is not a good combination vs UK. TTU IMO beats NCS. Irrelevant though---I don't think UK is a good match-up for wither.

Marquette could be an issue. They can score....defense is decent. But nothing special. Just not enough fire power IMO...

If I am HOU, I hate seeing UK. HOU is great defensively....but they overplay a lot. And really depend on "one on one" defensive stops---though they weill funnel you into traps. They really crash the offensve glass, and that could be an issue for UK----but when you are sending 4-5 to the glass every shot---you had better get a lot of them. Iowa State showed what happens when you don't.

If Im a UK fan, I want this bracket to go chalk. I don't wanna see A&M get to SW 16...or Florida...Or even JMU.

Overlooked team here is Duke. TBH, I think possibly the worst match-up, style wise for UK, outside of UF or A&M.

I think UK walks to the Sw16, tbh. And Im rooting hard for MU to get there---and not FLorida.

I think UK can get to the FF out of this region---And simply because I don't think anyone has the offense to match UK, along with the defense. Teams that can score, AND defend, at good to high levels, are dangerous for this UK team.

HOU has the offense(efficiency) and the defense to give UK fits. But the way they play(HOU), I just think really feeds UK.

Chucky outplayed Smith yesterday. I wouldn’t trust a Ben Affleck in March.
I wouldn't let one game out of 33 influence my decision. I hate PU. But it is what it is. Smith has improved tremendously. ANd the thing with PU is, they don't need him(Smith) to be great, or almost perfect. He can have an off night, and PU can still win. That was not the case last year. Loyer is playing well. Jones is the gamechanger IMO for them.

Hate those ****ers----but they are good.

I was hoping to get to the Sweet 16. NC ST and if we get by them Kentucky?

Well we will see what happens.

Reactions: ncrebel574
Seriously though…whose dick did JMossy suck to get Virginia in the field?

We’re not in the field. We have to play in to get in to the field. I guess I used too much teeth when dick sucking. Also, lmao at this bum ass KU squad being a 4 seed.

Eat shit Pitt!!! Maybe don’t have a NCSOS in the 340s and lose to ****ing Missouri. Way to decline the NIT bid you cowards

We’re not in the field. We have to play in to get in to the field. I guess I used too much teeth when dick sucking. Also, lmao at this bum ass KU squad being a 4 seed.

Eat shit Pitt!!! Maybe don’t have a NCSOS in the 340s and lose to ****ing Missouri. Way to decline the NIT bid you cowards

Well well well. Look who graced us with his presence.

Listen….Bill says they’re gonna be healthy and ready to kick some ass, and he wouldn’t lie.

how do I post this photo in a different thread?
Right-click. Scroll down to "Copy the image address." Then paste it using the insert image icon on the taskbar at the top when you reply or post something. Then hit insert.

Last edited:
UK fans can't complain about their bracket, the committee put them in a great spot to make a Final 4 run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT