7. Mississippi State
8. Alabama

9. Arkansas?
10. Mizzery
11. aTm
12. Georgia
13. South Carolina
14. Ol' Miss
If we're just going by "Right Now", then UT needs to be ahead of UK. Maybe even LSU.

Let's be honest. So far UK is only good on paper. Sure the win against directional Dakota was nice, but we've not played up to anyone's standards.....yet.

If we're just going by "Right Now", then UT needs to be ahead of UK. Maybe even LSU.

Not so much "right now", but kind of where I think they'll be in a few weeks.
Nearly all teams move in my rankings at some point, tend to be pretty fluid.

Top three SEC schools look like they could be pretty good. Really good.
LSU and Vandy aren't second tier slouches tho, as I think they'd finish higher in the Big 12 vs the SEC. I just think the (my?) top three could possibly have higher ceilings.

I can't put my finger on what keeps me from loving this Tennessee team.
I don't want to be basic and point at Rick (mf'ing) Barnes, but there's something that I just don't/can't trust right now.

If I was just going on what I've seen, I prob would have Kentucky in that 4-6 range.
I happen to believe they're a better team than that, tho.

Last edited:
Well clearly AU is all alone at the top.

LSU, MSU, UT, UK will jockey for position behind.

Vandy and UF could be tourney teams.

The rest is trash. Especially bama lol.

PS how do I get this post restriction issue remedied? Posted under my @Denim Vest handle on Monday and still can’t post.

Post restriction?

Tell me more?

Sure thing.

picnic_table_bear.jpg

Well clearly AU is all alone at the top.

LSU, MSU, UT, UK will jockey for position behind.

Vandy and UF could be tourney teams.

The rest is trash. Especially bama lol.

PS how do I get this post restriction issue remedied? Posted under my @Denim Vest handle on Monday and still can’t post.
Oh, now we have the third Auburn fan! RollLaugh

Currently, I’ve got it as:

UT
UK
AU
—-
LSU
MSU
UF
VU
—-
The Rest

Any teams within those tiers could shuffle, but I think the “Top 3” tier stays in tact all season long.

Reactions: GE Nole and KisteK
You can't back up your shit:

Last year Tennessee got the highest seed from the SEC a 3 seed.

Tennessee a 3 seed,
Auburn a 4 seed,
Kentucky a 5 seed,
Florida a 6 seed,
Texas A&M and Arkansas as 7 seed,
Missouri an 8 seed,
Alabama a 9 seed
Important note: Vandy did not get invited, yet this year they are the team to beat.

How did the SEC teams do:

Tennessee 1-1
Auburn 1-1
Kentucky 2-1
Florida 1-1
Texas A&M 2-1
Arkansas 0-1
Missouri 0-1
Alabama 1-1

So, the only two teams worth their salt in the NCAA were Kentucky and Texas A&M. Kentucky finished 4th in the regular season and A&M 8th. What did the greats do? 1-1. The only teams to win more than what they lost were Kentucky and Texas A&M. The great Florida, Tennessee and Auburn flamed out the first weekend. The SEC were an embarrassment in the NCAA. 8 wins and 8 losses.

Let's go over the NCAA report card, shall we? Who performed as expected, who over-performed? and who did worse than expected?

Statistically, seeds 1-4 usually make the SW16.

Under-performed: Tennessee(3), Auburn (4) , Missouri (8)
The vols & tigers don't have that impressive of an NCAA track-record.
Critique: How will these same teams do in the non-conference? Will it help them do better in the NCAA's? We are watching!

Over-Performed: Alabama (9), Texas A&M (7), Kentucky (5)
The Tide won a 9-8 match-up. SW16's for both the Aggies & Wildcats.
Critique: Both the aggies and Tide overperformed in relation to their seeds.
However, Kentucky is a perennial top 5 team in both recruiting and pre-season rankings; While a SW16 by Kentucky was an overperformance of their seed, it's still a dissappointing result when lofty expectations are the norm.

Performed as expected: Florida (6)
Critique: Florida was preseason top10 after an Elite8 appearance in 2017; nearly won the Nike P80 against #1 Duke but lost. UF was 2nd in SEC behind co-SEC champs Tenn/Auburn. The Gators lived up to their 6th seed but not up to their recent NCAA performance where SW16/Elite8's and Final4's were the norm.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Let's go over the NCAA report card, shall we? Who performed as expected, who over-performed? and who did worse than expected?

Statistically, seeds 1-4 usually make the SW16.

Under-performed: Tennessee(3), Auburn (4) , Missouri (8)
The vols & tigers don't have that impressive of an NCAA track-record.
Critique: How will these same teams do in the non-conference? Will it help them do better in the NCAA's? We are watching!

Over-Performed: Alabama (9), Texas A&M (7), Kentucky (5)
The Tide won a 9-8 match-up. SW16's for both the Aggies & Wildcats.
Critique: Both the aggies and Tide overperformed in relation to their seeds.
However, Kentucky is a perennial top 5 team in both recruiting and pre-season rankings; While a SW16 by Kentucky was an overperformance of their seed, it's still a dissappointing result when lofty expectations are the norm.

Performed as expected: Florida (6)
Critique: Florida was preseason top10 after an Elite8 appearance in 2017; nearly won the Nike P80 against #1 Duke but lost. UF was 2nd in SEC behind co-SEC champs Tenn/Auburn. The Gators lived up to their 6th seed but not up to their recent NCAA performance where SW16/Elite8's and Final4's were the norm.

Please don't confuse these folks with the facts. They can't stand them. Plus your post was too long for the Vandy fan. His attention span and reading ability are far too little for a post such as your.

I hate agreeing with a Florida fan, but your post was spot on:

In the last two decades three teams from the SEC have preformed in the NCAA. Florida, Kentucky and in one year South Carolina. All the others were snow flakes in the Florida sun.

Reactions: rdgtr
Let's educate you then - the demise of Florida basketball is greatly exaggerated.

In his second season at Florida, White took the Gators to the Elite8 where they lost a close contest to South Carolina. This was Florida's 5th straight Elite8 in their last five trips to the NCAAs. Last year, Florida lost a close contest to Texas Tech in the RD32.

In the SEC, Florida finished with the 2nd best record for the last two seasons (14-4 in 2016, 11-7 in 2017) under Coach White.

Currently in college basketball recruiting, White has the 7th best class for the 2019 class and things are looking promising for the 2020 class,too. https://247sports.com/college/florida/Season/2019-Basketball/Commits/

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings/

So, check on on-court results and continued terrific recruiting by Florida and Mike White. The Gators aren't going anywhere.

NCAAT are total crapshoots. Y'all played a depleted UVA squad that is notorious for flaming out in the tourney. Nice job of White to take advantage of a lucky draw, but let's not anoint him the next Billy D because he had a good run in the Tourney and has had some solid records in a mediocre conference.

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
Currently, I’ve got it as:

UT
UK
AU
—-
LSU
MSU
UF
VU
—-
The Rest

Any teams within those tiers could shuffle, but I think the “Top 3” tier stays in tact all season long.

This seems about right for this year.

@Toadman005Alabama

Going to the obscure. Your question was “as in?” Meaning which posters.

I responded “Come on. Don’t act like you don’t see it certain people that give another voice to a future alt right model of dystopia. It’s like bruce beating your kitty cat in here sometimes."

Try one more time and I’ll tell you.

@Toadman005Alabama

Going to the obscure. Your question was “as in?” Meaning which posters.

I responded “Come on. Don’t act like you don’t see it certain people that give another voice to a future alt right model of dystopia. It’s like bruce beating your kitty cat in here sometimes."

Try one more time and I’ll tell you.
I give up.

Is it a play on AV's name? Futuremodals?

I give up.

Is it a play on AV's name? Futuremodals?
Yes. You were asking who is AR.

Come on. Don’t act like you don’t see it certain people that give another voice to a future alt right model of dystopia. It’s like bruce beating your kitty cat in here sometimes."

Deniem is actually a good poster, with his witty comedy. Believe it or not he wasn’t chased off on rafters.
Thanks bud. Appears I did get banned from Rupp for whatever reason. Had some fun over there.

I did recently upgrade to the iPhone 7 so maybe the new technology isn’t compatible with that board.

With the assistance of advanced metrics and my own expert intuition here’s how the SEC stands:

AUBURN

UT

UK

Miss St
UF
LSU

Arkansas
Vandy

Ole Miss
Mizzou
TAMU
UGA
Bama
S Carolina

With the assistance of advanced metrics and my own expert intuition here’s how the SEC stands:

AUBURN

UT

UK

Miss St
UF
LSU

Arkansas
Vandy

Ole Miss
Mizzou
TAMU
UGA
Bama
S Carolina
Arkansas will be a top 4 team in the conference this year

Florida recently defeated West Virginia in the Coaches vs Cancer tournament at Madison Square Garden, NY. It was an ugly, offensive game by both teams but it was the first big win of the year for the Gators after falling short against Oklahoma & FSU earlier in the season.

UF next hosts #10 Michigan St in the O'Dome!

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT