Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
Team
Vanderbilt
1) UTjr - veteran squad
2) Auburn - They better beat Xavier in Maui so they can play Duke next Tuesday
3) Kentucky - This may be a little generous
4) Vanderbilt - Darius Garland and Simi Shittu, wow
5) LSU - 3-5 are all pretty similar - Naz and Tremont, also wow.
6) Mississippi State - probation lurking, better win now
7) Bama - Young but exciting
8) Florida - Mike White is a mediocre coach
9) Arkansas - Daniel Gafford is the best center in the SEC
10) Mizzou - losing J. Porter is a big deal for them
11) aTm - so many weirdos
12) Georgia - Crean has a rebuild here, but a quality coach
13) Carl's Jr - total rebuild, but Martin is a solid coach
14) Ole Miss - Kermit Davis, we shall see.

Is UK too high or will they get it together?

Kentucky wouldn't be the 3rd best team in the SWAC and I'm pretty sure that's not even a real conference anymore

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
Kentucky wouldn't be the 3rd best team in the SWAC and I'm pretty sure that's not even a real conference anymore

I know but we all know that y'all will get your shit together and will eventually be towards the top of the SEC. Right now though, still struggling to fin your identity.

When is your next game?

I know but we all know that y'all will get your shit together and will eventually be towards the top of the SEC. Right now though, still struggling to fin your identity.

When is your next game?
Tonight. SEC Network. 9 pm Eastern. All UK games are on national TV, including the Bahamas, Big Blue Madness, exhibitions et.al.

UK has sucked so far this year; however, Kentucky is still Kentucky and Auburn, Tennessee and Vanderbilt have less talent than UK. Talent makes a difference.

Auburn, with Pearl, can get up for any game; however, they usually fold like a cheap suit when the chips are on the table. Hell it is always a challenge for Auburn to get to the NCAA, never much farther.

Let me know when Tennessee gets to the final four. Tennessee has a losing record in the NCAA.

Also let me know when Tennessee gets to the final four. Vanderbilt also has a losing record in the NCAA.

Additionally, UK has the best coach in the SEC.

Reactions: Mgkcbb

When is your next game?
giphy.gif

Tonight. SEC Network. 9 pm Eastern. All UK games are on national TV, including the Bahamas, Big Blue Madness, exhibitions et.al.

UK has sucked so far this year; however, Kentucky is still Kentucky and Auburn, Tennessee and Vanderbilt have less talent than UK. Talent makes a difference.

Auburn, with Pearl, can get up for any game; however, they usually fold like a cheap suit when the chips are on the table. Hell it is always a challenge for Auburn to get to the NCAA, never much farther.

Let me know when Tennessee gets to the final four. Tennessee has a losing record in the NCAA.

Also let me know when Tennessee gets to the final four. Vanderbilt also has a losing record in the NCAA.

Additionally, UK has the best coach in the SEC.

Do you drive a red sports car or a huge jacked up truck with monster tires?

Last edited:
Reactions: kt4dores
None of us have been blown out by 35 points this year for starters.
And you sure as hell have not played a decent team either.

Auburn has played South Alabama (who the hell is that?) and Washington
Tennessee has played Lenoir Rhyne (who the hell is that?), Louisiana and Georgia Tech
Vanderbilt has played Winthrop (who the hell is that?) and USC

I don’t see a one of those teams in the top 25, except for Duke. It is the same old shit. The pretenders in the SEC play no one and then sit around and brag about Duke beating the crap out of Kentucky.

You guys are special!Eyeroll

Tennessee has played Lenoir Rhyne (who the hell is that?), Louisiana and Georgia Tech

I don’t see a one of those teams in the top 25, except for Duke. It is the same old shit. The pretenders in the SEC play no one and then sit around and brag about Duke beating the crap out of Kentucky.

You're the one who started the e fight, brah.

1) UTjr - veteran squad

LSU below Vandy? Gonna have to go with a big NO on that one.

Hey Freidas, you want to explain why you called Mike White a mediocre coach?

Mediocre may not be the right term but he's a huge step down from Billy D (which we knew). I just think he's getting too much credit for the program Donovan built.

I think you'll see the Gator program continue to slide backwards.

(Just my opinion, time will tell).

LSU below Vandy? Gonna have to go with a big NO on that one.

I watched the Memphis game, I like LSU. Vandy is pretty good though and as good as Tremont is, I think Garland is better. Reid is an animal, but Shittu is too.

Should be fun to see it all play out.

Reactions: KisteK
I watched the Memphis game, I like LSU. Vandy is pretty good though and as good as Tremont is, I think Garland is better. Reid is an animal, but Shittu is too.

Should be fun to see it all play out.

Haven't seen Garland yet, but would be shocked if he's better than Tremont. Heard Shittu looked like his name so far. Reid has looked like a young Demarcus Cousins.

Now how about the other 10 guys on the team? Pretty sure LSU blows Vandy away in that department.

Reactions: ReturnOfOakboy
Haven't seen Garland yet, but would be shocked if he's better than Tremont. Heard Shittu looked like his name so far. Reid has looked like a young Demarcus Cousins.

Now how about the other 10 guys on the team? Pretty sure LSU blows Vandy away in that department.

You didn't here that about Shittu. He's averaging 16 and 12.5 so far and his ceiling is way higher than that. Similar frame and skill set to Reid actually, but Reid appears to be the better shooter, Shittu may be a little more athletic.

Garland is special and a little bigger than Waters. Obviously, Waters is special too.

We have better shooters than LSU, LSU probably has better bigs.

Vandy should be ranked in a few weeks and that will make you feel better.

Mediocre may not be the right term but he's a huge step down from Billy D (which we knew). I just think he's getting too much credit for the program Donovan built.

I think you'll see the Gator program continue to slide backwards.

(Just my opinion, time will tell).

Let's educate you then - the demise of Florida basketball is greatly exaggerated.

In his second season at Florida, White took the Gators to the Elite8 where they lost a close contest to South Carolina. This was Florida's 5th straight Elite8 in their last five trips to the NCAAs. Last year, Florida lost a close contest to Texas Tech in the RD32.

In the SEC, Florida finished with the 2nd best record for the last two seasons (14-4 in 2016, 11-7 in 2017) under Coach White.

Currently in college basketball recruiting, White has the 7th best class for the 2019 class and things are looking promising for the 2020 class,too. https://247sports.com/college/florida/Season/2019-Basketball/Commits/

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings/

So, check on on-court results and continued terrific recruiting by Florida and Mike White. The Gators aren't going anywhere.

You're the one who started the e fight, brah.
You can't back up your shit:

Last year Tennessee got the highest seed from the SEC a 3 seed.

Tennessee a 3 seed,
Auburn a 4 seed,
Kentucky a 5 seed,
Florida a 6 seed,
Texas A&M and Arkansas as 7 seed,
Missouri an 8 seed,
Alabama a 9 seed
Important note: Vandy did not get invited, yet this year they are the team to beat.

How did the SEC teams do:

Tennessee 1-1
Auburn 1-1
Kentucky 2-1
Florida 1-1
Texas A&M 2-1
Arkansas 0-1
Missouri 0-1
Alabama 1-1

So, the only two teams worth their salt in the NCAA were Kentucky and Texas A&M. Kentucky finished 4th in the regular season and A&M 8th. What did the greats do? 1-1. The only teams to win more than what they lost were Kentucky and Texas A&M. The great Florida, Tennessee and Auburn flamed out the first weekend. The SEC were an embarrassment in the NCAA. 8 wins and 8 losses.

Over my 62 years of following the SEC very closely it is the same stuff over and over. Brags and brags from many teams about replacing Kentucky as the king of the SEC. It was Tennessee, then LSU, then Mississippi State, then Vandy, then Alabama, then Florida and now Auburn.

Additionally, based on the SEC scheduling Kentucky always gets to play the projected good teams twice just for attendance and TV ratings. Last year Missouri got the Porters and were aiming to be great, so they were added to UK home and home, this year only Missouri on the road. Last year Tennessee was projected to be good, so they added a home and home with Kentucky; whereas the year before when Tennessee was not supposed to be good UK only played them once. Last year Auburn was a surprise, so UK only had to play them at Auburn; now that they are projected to be good UK has to play them twice. Texas A&M, Alabama, Arkansas, South Carolina and Georgia are not projected to be good this year so UK only plays them once. It is the same old same old in the SEC for the last six decades.

You can't back up your shit:

Last year Tennessee got the highest seed from the SEC a 3 seed.

Tennessee a 3 seed,
Auburn a 4 seed,
Kentucky a 5 seed,
Florida a 6 seed,
Texas A&M and Arkansas as 7 seed,
Missouri an 8 seed,
Alabama a 9 seed
Important note: Vandy did not get invited, yet this year they are the team to beat.

How did the SEC teams do:

Tennessee 1-1
Auburn 1-1
Kentucky 2-1
Florida 1-1
Texas A&M 2-1
Arkansas 0-1
Missouri 0-1
Alabama 1-1

So, the only two teams worth their salt in the NCAA were Kentucky and Texas A&M. Kentucky finished 4th in the regular season and A&M 8th. What did the greats do? 1-1. The only teams to win more than what they lost were Kentucky and Texas A&M. The great Florida, Tennessee and Auburn flamed out the first weekend. The SEC were an embarrassment in the NCAA. 8 wins and 8 losses.

Over my 62 years of following the SEC very closely it is the same stuff over and over. Brags and brags from many teams about replacing Kentucky as the king of the SEC. It was Tennessee, then LSU, then Mississippi State, then Vandy, then Alabama, then Florida and now Auburn.

Additionally, based on the SEC scheduling Kentucky always gets to play the projected good teams twice just for attendance and TV ratings. Last year Missouri got the Porters and were aiming to be great, so they were added to UK home and home, this year only Missouri on the road. Last year Tennessee was projected to be good, so they added a home and home with Kentucky; whereas the year before when Tennessee was not supposed to be good UK only played them once. Last year Auburn was a surprise, so UK only had to play them at Auburn; now that they are projected to be good UK has to play them twice. Texas A&M, Alabama, Arkansas, South Carolina and Georgia are not projected to be good this year so UK only plays them once. It is the same old same old in the SEC for the last six decades.

Tldr

Let's educate you then - the demise of Florida basketball is greatly exaggerated.

In his second season at Florida, White took the Gators to the Elite8 where they lost a close contest to South Carolina. This was Florida's 5th straight Elite8 in their last five trips to the NCAAs. Last year, Florida lost a close contest to Texas Tech in the RD32.

In the SEC, Florida finished with the 2nd best record for the last two seasons (14-4 in 2016, 11-7 in 2017) under Coach White.

Currently in college basketball recruiting, White has the 7th best class for the 2019 class and things are looking promising for the 2020 class,too. https://247sports.com/college/florida/Season/2019-Basketball/Commits/

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings/

So, check on on-court results and continued terrific recruiting by Florida and Mike White. The Gators aren't going anywhere.

I love it. Let me be clear that I'm a huge SEC homer. Maybe it's the fact that White can't beat Vanderbilt that I have a negative opinion of him.

As for SEC power rankings, I will stick to Kenpom who has the following:

====================================
(1) #8 Kentucky (2-1)
(2) #9 Auburn (3-0)
(3) #10 Tennessee (3-0)

(4) #22 Mississippi St (2-0)
(5) #26 Florida (2-1)

(6) #42 LSU (3-0)
(7) #52 Arkansas (1-1)
(8) #55 South Carolina (2-1)

(9) #58 Alabama (2-0)
(10) #61 Vanderbilt (2-0)
(11) #65 Texas A&M (1-1)
(12) #72 Missouri (1-1)
(13) #82 Mississippi (1-0)

(14) #102 Georgia (1-1)
============================================
https://kenpom.com/

You have Vanderbilt ranked too high & South Carolina too low.

Despite the Duke loss, Kentucky edges out both Auburn & Tennessee as the SEC's best team.

Your bias towards Florida is showing who are ranked well ahead of teams like LSU, Alabama and are not too far off from Miss St.

Georgia is the real dog (i.e, worst team) of the SEC! lol!

As for SEC power rankings, I will stick to Kenpom who has the following:

====================================
(1) #8 Kentucky (2-1)
(2) #9 Auburn (3-0)
(3) #10 Tennessee (3-0)

(4) #22 Mississippi St (2-0)
(5) #26 Florida (2-1)

(6) #42 LSU (3-0)
(7) #52 Arkansas (1-1)
(8) #55 South Carolina (2-1)

(9) #58 Alabama (2-0)
(10) #61 Vanderbilt (2-0)
(11) #65 Texas A&M (1-1)
(12) #72 Missouri (1-1)
(13) #82 Mississippi (1-0)

(14) #102 Georgia (1-1)
============================================
https://kenpom.com/

You have Vanderbilt ranked too high & South Carolina too low.

Despite the Duke loss, Kentucky edges out both Auburn & Tennessee as the SEC's best team.

Your bias towards Florida is showing who are ranked well ahead of teams like LSU, Alabama and are not too far off from Miss St.

Georgia is the real dog (i.e, worst team) of the SEC! lol!

KenPom after 2 games?

That shows a lack of intelligence.

Talk to me after 15 and I will wholeheartedly agree.

I love it. Let me be clear that I'm a huge SEC homer. Maybe it's the fact that White can't beat Vanderbilt that I have a negative opinion of him.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What the hell does Vanderbilt got to do with the price of cotton?
Wake me up when the commodores win the SEC or go to the Final4 or something.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Florida didn't have a problem beating SEC Champion, Auburn, for the 11th straight time last season. Florida had a similar long streak against Arkansas (& probably many other SEC teams,too) but that was snapped in the SEC tournament. The Gators were probably the only team to sweep Kentucky (2-0) and their NBA talented team last season.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=400987399

The Gators (20-11, 11-7 SEC) won their third straight, swept Kentucky for the first time in four years and secured the No. 3 seed in next week's Southeastern Conference Tournament.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=400987410

Last edited:
1) UTjr - veteran squad

Too high. 5-7 is fair.

It's a university in south Alabama.

Not at this point and anybody with half a brain (including KenPom) will tell you that.

Look closer, the teams in the kenpom are some of the very same teams in the current AP poll. Sure the rankings will change weekly when teams start beating up on other teams.

Look closer, the teams in the kenpom are some of the very same teams in the current AP poll. Sure the rankings will change weekly when teams start beating up on other teams.

I'm a huge computer rankings nerd, love it and always have but NONE of it matters until there is enough data for it to matter.

I think KenPom, Sagarin and to a lesser degree, RPI begin to matter around 10 games into a season.

ADVERTISEMENT