ADVERTISEMENT

Rankings

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
Having this discussion the other day after the ‘Zona/Duke game; What is the actual use of rankings? Someone wins and rises, loses falls, and sometimes they headscratcthingly don’t move at all (or at least incrementally).

What’s the point of them, seriously?

Having this discussion the other day after the ‘Zona/Duke game; What is the actual use of rankings? Someone wins and rises, loses falls, and sometimes they headscratcthingly don’t move at all (or at least incrementally).

They are a GPS to mark where teams are in their journey through the season at a given time.

It's to generate discussion.

No one just wants to hang a banner at the end of the season, they want to hang multiple throughout the season.

I'm really interested to see where the voters put UK after last night's game. There certainly aren't 10 teams better right now and that’s before Bradshaw and Ivisic step on the floor.
We just saw Edwards and Wagner (hopefully) play their worst games too.
They won't move UK into the top 10, but they damn sure shouldn't drop either.

I'm really interested to see where the voters put UK after last night's game. There certainly aren't 10 teams better right now and that’s before Bradshaw and Ivisic step on the floor.
We just saw Edwards and Wagner (hopefully) play their worst games too.
They won't move UK into the top 10, but they damn sure shouldn't drop either.
If that’s how a depleted #17 team plays, I’m good even if we do drop. Those rankings are meaningless IMO.

Reactions: kyjeff1
If that’s how a depleted #17 team plays, I’m good even if we do drop. Those rankings are meaningless IMO.
You seem to be beating around the bush. What exactly do you think is fair?

I know you did not quote me, so don't go there but, to respond to the above bolded part of your post and have a little fun, I will answer it.
What is fair is you change your user name to dUKella, then you have really two great teams to be proud of. 😜

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I hate them this early in the season because they mean absolutely nothing. I wish they didn't come out until December.

It's even worse in football when you're jockeying g for position in the playoff. I'd you don't start out in the Top 10 you have virtually no shot of getting in.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I know you did not quote me, so don't go there but, to respond to the above bolded part of your post and have a little fun, I will answer it.
What is fair is you change your user name to dUKella, then you have really two great teams to be proud of. 😜
Why would you say that?

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Not real lying seeking “fair”. Promotions could just say “UK vs, TN Saturday” with no ranking next to the teams. No big deal either way.
Would that hold true if UK were top 3?

iu

Not real lying seeking “fair”. Promotions could just say “UK vs, TN Saturday” with no ranking next to the teams. No big deal either way.
That would seem like a pretty poor business decision. _____ vs _____ probably isn't going to attract as many eyeballs as "#1 vs #2."

ADVERTISEMENT