ADVERTISEMENT

Rank your past coaches.

You forgot Sam Gilbert.. He was 1a. Wooden didn't do crap until Gilbert's checkbook showed up.

Guess you missed my post above. Was UCLA, Wooden, ever put on probation by the NCAA? Thought not. Hearsay. Everybody is cheating in CBB now. Whether it’s bagmen, shoe companies, boosters. You have to cheat to compete. More hearsay?

Guess you missed my post above. Was UCLA, Wooden, ever put on probation by the NCAA? Thought not. Hearsay. Everybody is cheating in CBB now. Whether it’s bagmen, shoe companies, boosters. You have to cheat to compete. More hearsay?

The hypocrisy is astounding.

"Until there's proof, we don't cheat."

"Wooden was the biggest cheater evur!"

First I never said that there was an investigation. I just remember seeing somewhere that somebody from the NCAA made a comment about him and it was something like “I don’t know who he is, he’s just Wes” or something like that.

if I remember correctly the NCAA made the comment that WWW wasn’t/hasn’t broke any rules.

Last edited:
Say what you want about him and his recruiting but kids love Cal. He tells them like it is and does everything he can to get them drafted and if that means losing them after 1 year so be it. He doesn’t throw his players under the bus to keep them in school, when they have a chance to go he tells them to go and people may not like him but they damn sure have to respect him for that.

I totally agree with this portion of ur post. The rest we will have to agree to disagree.

Cals a good coach Bc the talent of the players he signs outclasses everyone else in the nation, not bc of Xs and Os or in game adjustments, etc. And I’ve read plenty of UK fans conceding the same thing on this very board.

Also there was plenty more said than just “he’s my guy” regarding the statement by www. Check it out, google is ur friend. I’d link if I knew how.

Last edited:
I totally agree with this portion of ur post. The rest we will have to agree to disagree.

Cals a good coach Bc the talent of the players he signs outclasses everyone else in the nation, not bc of Xs and Os or in game adjustments, etc. And I’ve read plenty of UK fans conceding the same thing on this very board.

Also there was plenty more said than just “he’s my guy” regarding the statement by www. Check it out, google is ur friend. I’d link if I knew how.

I’m just gonna be honest man. I don’t care if they have sleep overs as long as UK isn’t getting into trouble with the NCAA. If it ever comes about that Cal has been cheating in any way I hope UK steps up and fires him on the spot. I’ve said from day one that at some point everybody cheats and over the last few years we’ve seen it up close! Some get off and as you know some don’t. I get a kick outta people on here trying to dog Cal. I actually like it. UK has cheated in the past and in 88 with the money thing some say UK was set up but we’ll never know. We took our punishment and as far as I know have been pretty straight since. Other schools (you know who you are) not so much!

That doesn’t mean they investigated him! They could’ve but I don’t know. All I can remember is that somebody ask one of the NCAA chairmen or somebody in the NCAA and they said “Wes is just Wes”. I’m sure somebody else on here seen it.

Last edited:
I’m just gonna be honest man. I don’t care if they have sleep overs as long as UK isn’t getting into trouble with the NCAA. If it ever comes about that Cal has been cheating in any way I hope UK steps up and fires him on the spot. I’ve said from day one that at some point everybody cheats and over the last few years we’ve seen it up close! Some get off and as you know some don’t. I get a kick outta people on here trying to dog Cal. I actually like it. UK has cheated in the past and in 88 with the money thing some say UK was set up but we’ll never know. We took our punishment and as far as I know have been pretty straight since. Other schools (you know who you are) not so much!

If everybody cheats, why would you want Calipari to be fired? So they could hire someone who wouldn’t get caught?

No. UCLA and Wooden were never on probation. The man was a fraud, and the program paid for all the BB successes they ever had. The NCAA didn't even bother to look at recruiting violations back then. They were busy fending off the NIT, and getting football and other sports organized. NOBODY g.a.s. about recruiting.

Wooden was a less than average basketball coach in a crap conference until Gilbert and his checkbook showed up. 1965.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Gilbert_(businessman)

I was around back when it was going on, and there were whispers about it. Wooden is right up near the top of cheaters in CBB. He would not have lasted a year under the current scrutiny programs are subjected to today.

Totally understandable. Your a fan, you stick up for your team, that’s what fans do. It’s not like we have any impact on the decision making that goes on within the program we root for. If you believe UK has been clean since 88, you are very much free to do so. Like I’ve said before, it’s not like we are gonna talk through this and come to a place where either has changed our mind/opinion.

And even as much as I dislike UK as Louisville’s rival (or boss under Cal), its just message board banter. I don’t have a Calipari voodoo doll in my closet, or hold vendettas against former UK players in the league nor current UK players. And I can def respect the way Cal encourages his guys to go when they are ready And puts their prospective careers ahead of his own.

Even the ones that transfer, I’m not one that believes Cal kicks them out to make room for the next class, bc he never uses all his scholarships anyways. I think Cal tells em straight up how it is regarding PT and their role on the team like you said and they decide they’d rather go to a lesser program and have a bigger role.

Kind of like Juzang this year. You’d think with as much as UK lost to the draft he would have stepped into a bigger role next season. But with Allen returning from injury and Clarke and Boston coming in, he might have actually had the same role as last year. Same with green/Matthews/SKJ etc

Wooden was a less than average basketball coach in a crap conference until Gilbert and his checkbook showed up.

Sounds familiar. Although I woulda just stuck with average and changed checkbook to bag or maybe shoebox SmokinSmile

No. UCLA and Wooden were never on probation. The man was a fraud, and the program paid for all the BB successes they ever had. The NCAA didn't even bother to look at recruiting violations back then. They were busy fending off the NIT, and getting football and other sports organized. NOBODY g.a.s. about recruiting.

Wooden was a less than average basketball coach in a crap conference until Gilbert and his checkbook showed up. 1965.....

I was around back when it was going on, and there were whispers about it. Wooden is right up near the top of cheaters in CBB. He would not have lasted a year under the current scrutiny programs are subjected to today.

Whispers huh. Well that’s proof for sure. The NCAA is a bunch bumbling idiots. They are afraid of their own shadow. They are less now than they were back in the 60’s-70’s. They will never give another major sports program the death penalty and said this after the SMU DP in football. They’ve been neutered by $$$.
I could lay out lots of “whispers” myself on programs like like Miami, Florida, and Clem in football. But they got away with it or are getting away with it. NCAA= usless. Calling Wooden less than average is ludicrous and you must be a hater.

You have to be a UK fan to link WIKi... you do know that anybody can go & edit any WIKi page?

Whispers huh. Well that’s proof for sure. The NCAA is a bunch bumbling idiots. They are afraid of their own shadow. They are less now than they were back in the 60’s-70’s. They will never give another major sports program the death penalty and said this after the SMU DP in football. They’ve been neutered by $$$.
I could lay out lots of “whispers” myself on programs like like Miami, Florida, and Clem in football. But they got away with it or are getting away with it. NCAA= usless. Calling Wooden less than average is ludicrous and you must be a hater.

Not whispers... Read a little bit about what when on. Bill Walton. You don't have to dig too far unless you want to keep your head up your ass.

As I posted, the NCAA back then was just getting their feet on the ground. They were not on top of all the stuff that was going on.

You have to be a UK fan to link WIKi... you do know that anybody can go & edit any WIKi page?

Show us an example of this please! Show us just 1 UK anything that has been edited to show something from the truth!

Show us an example of this please! Show us just 1 UK anything that has been edited to show something from the truth!
Google can be your friend.

Wikipedia is a wiki, meaning anyone can edit almost any page and improve articles immediately. You do not need to register to do this, and anyone who has edited is known as a Wikipedian or editor. Small editsadd up, and every editor can be proud to have made Wikipedia better for all.

Google can be your friend.

Wikipedia is a wiki, meaning anyone can edit almost any page and improve articles immediately. You do not need to register to do this, and anyone who has edited is known as a Wikipedian or editor. Small editsadd up, and every editor can be proud to have made Wikipedia better for all.

Ok then you should have no problem finding something UK basketball related that has been edited with false info! I’ll wait!

Ok then you should have no problem finding something UK basketball related that has been edited with false info! I’ll wait!
Again, google is your friend.

Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Wikipediacan be edited by anyone at any time. This means that any information it contains at any particular time could be vandalism, a work in progress, or just plain wrong.

serious question, are you mentally challenged?

Again, google is your friend.

Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Wikipediacan be edited by anyone at any time. This means that any information it contains at any particular time could be vandalism, a work in progress, or just plain wrong.

serious question, are you mentally challenged?

So what you’re saying is that you can’t provide a link or any info on what I ask? Imagine that!Laughing

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
So what you’re saying is that you can’t provide a link or any info on what I ask? Imagine that!Laughing
I don’t recall saying anything on UK’s WIKI page was incorrect. All I said is that WIKI isn’t a reliable source because it can be edited.
BUT, if I find one thing wrong on their WIKI page, will you ban yourself from the board? Anything at all?

I don’t recall saying anything on UK’s WIKI page was incorrect. All I said is that WIKI isn’t a reliable source because it can be edited.
BUT, if I find one thing wrong on their WIKI page, will you ban yourself from the board? Anything at all?

I tell you what slap nuts, you turn down more bets than a fat guy does a salad but yet you’re always trying to throw bets at people. Here’s what I’ll do since your all about bets. I have to go to Evansville several times over the next couple of months so I’ll be coming through Bowling Green & Owensboro. Pretty sure you still live in the area right? I’ll make a ban bet with you that you are the guy in the YouTube video. Hell I’ll buy you and you wife (Laughing) a steak dinner! Time to back up all that talk or prove once again that you’re nothing but a tool like everybody on this board thinks you are! You in?

Last edited:
I tell you what slap nuts, you turn down more bets than a fat guy does a salad but yet you’re always trying to throw bets at people. Here’s what I’ll do since your all about bets. I have to go to Evansville several times over the next couple of months so I’ll be coming through Bowling Green & Owensboro. Pretty sure you still live in the area right? I’ll make a ban bet with you that you are the guy in the YouTube video. Hell I’ll buy you and you wife (Laughing) a steak dinner! Time to back up all that talk or prove once again that you’re nothing but a tool like everybody on this board thinks you are! You in?
So that’s a no to my bet?
Pussy
I already told you that I Don’t meet strange men from the internet, apparently that’s what you enjoy.

So that’s a no to my bet?
Pussy
I already told you that I Don’t meet strange men from the internet, apparently that’s what you enjoy.

So I’m a pussy because I won’t take your bet but you won’t take mine and you’re not a pussy...gotcha!Laughing

Why would I have any interest in going out to eat with you?
That’s just weird as shit.

Yea you’re right, it would be extremely weird for guys who love sports to go to a sports bar and have a steak and talk sports lol. It’s OK Puddin, I don’t need to meet you because I know you’re the guy in that video. I’m heading to work have a good day

Yea you’re right, it would be extremely weird for guys who love sports to go to a sports bar and have a steak and talk sports lol. It’s OK Puddin, I don’t need to meet you because I know you’re the guy in that video. I’m heading to work have a good day
He's 100% that guy in the video.

Reactions: Scotty00
Scotty I hope you understand that dude can go edit the uk wiki page himself, adding any type of BS he can imagine, then link it back here as proof to whatever y’all are arguing over.

Scotty I hope you understand that dude can go edit the uk wiki page himself, adding any type of BS he can imagine, then link it back here as proof to whatever y’all are arguing over.
That’s what I’ve been trying to tell him.

I fully understand that but I’m saying go look at it and tell me something on there that isn’t correct!

I fully understand that but I’m saying go look at it and tell me something on there that isn’t correct!
I’ve never once said anything on there was incorrect, hell I’ve never even looked at it before.
All I said is that when people link WIKI it’s not reliable information because anybody can post on it & edit it at any time.

If I’m gonna take the time to go fact check it I’m gonna take the time to change something just to prove you wrong. Which I’m not, just sayin.

Covid sparking wiki arguments what have we become.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Agreed. Guess those first 2 NC’s starting no player over 6’-5” were bought to come in and dominate CBB as the all world team of smalls lol.

Everyone who was around Wooden agrees that he was one of the greats and a wizard with Xs and Os.

Yellow Man probably thinks that Calipari is the better coach.

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
If I’m gonna take the time to go fact check it I’m gonna take the time to change something just to prove you wrong. Which I’m not, just sayin.

Covid sparking wiki arguments what have we become.
He’s kind of simple in the head but he’ll keep telling you to go check it & see if anything is wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT