ADVERTISEMENT

Rain rain rain rain..... more rain.

LetsGoDuke301

Apr 4, 2009
Wilmington, NC
Team
Duke
I know there was significant flooding in the Maryland/Pennsylvania area. Anybody else been getting ridiculous amounts of rain?

I just got a flood alert on my phone and noticed that I have gotten 16 of them since late April. We had the most rain on record for the month of May, the 3rd wettest June and the wettest July on record.

This is basically what the radar has looked like every morning for 4 days straight.

Screenshot_20180730-094304_zpszi2sraq9.png

13 consecutive days of at least .25". 9 of 13 days over 1" and 4 days with over 3". Definitely don't need a hurricane this year.

Kentucky actually has been really nice the last few days. Although we did go through a stretch last week where it rained 5 or so days in a row. Been a weird summer. We had hail the size of baseballs at some point last week as well

We had an incredible amount of rain in June then basically a drought and insane heat. We got a little rain last night but that's about it.

We had an incredible amount of rain in June then basically a drought and insane heat. We got a little rain last night but that's about it.
i live about 2 1/2 hours from Cincy and we had rain Tuesday-Saturday, Sunday was a beautiful day

i live about 2 1/2 hours from Cincy and we had rain Tuesday-Saturday, Sunday was a beautiful day
I was in Georgetown, KY Thursday through Sunday morning and we didn't get any rain.

I was in Georgetown, KY Thursday through Sunday morning and we didn't get any rain.
it is strange how these storms hit some places and completely misses others
i think i am about two hours or so from Georgetown

Drove through eastern PA on Friday (near Delaware Water Gap), and it was probably the hardest rain I've ever been in. There was a 5 second stretch (felt like a minute) where I literally couldn't see 10 feet (I have not idea what it was if not a giant bucket), which is scary on the highway - how hard do you brake? A little b/c you literally can't see, but too much and you're trusting the guy behind you an awful lot.

Not much rain here this summer. I like it though. Less mowing and more golf.

Drove through eastern PA on Friday (near Delaware Water Gap), and it was probably the hardest rain I've ever been in. There was a 5 second stretch (felt like a minute) where I literally couldn't see 10 feet (I have not idea what it was if not a giant bucket), which is scary on the highway - how hard do you brake? A little b/c you literally can't see, but too much and you're trusting the guy behind you an awful lot.
Did you turn on your hazards?

After today, we reached 58.67 inches of rain for the year. August and September are our wettest months and the average yearly rainfall is just over 57 inches.

Just so you know.

Gotten about 4 inches here in the past couple days. It really came down hard early Sunday morning. The wind was blowing so hard that some trees got snapped at the trunk. These were some big trees as well.

Always rainy this time of year in Florida, but yes this year has been more wet than normal in Tallahassee. Had about 12 inches of rain the last two weeks of July and already 5 inches the first two days of August.

Grass is green and thick!

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Always rainy this time of year in Florida, but yes this year has been more wet than normal in Tallahassee. Had about 12 inches of rain the last two weeks of July and already 5 inches the first two days of August.

Grass is green and thick!
Grass is definitely green. Our poor neighbors mowed their yard one day after the water went down. Bless their hearts. Now it just looks like a bunch of muddy tire tracks.

I’m ready for the rain to end because it makes my back pain flare up but they’re calling for rain or storms 7 out of the next 10 days here.
10 days here. 60% or higher for every day other than monday. 50%.

I have never paid that much attention to it. But I don't think I have ever seen two straight weeks of rain coming in from off of the ocean. It's always heavier off of the ocean. We typically get pop up storms that are short lived, or a line that comes from the northwest.

Just watched the news, there are a lot of neighborhoods that have had standing water for the entire week. There has been sewage found in the water and people's sewer grinder tanks are floating up. Pretty disgusting thought.

My sister and Brother in law have been in Ocean Lakes in SC for the past 5 days. Let’s just say they aren’t happy campers right now.

10 days here. 60% or higher for every day other than monday. 50%.

I have never paid that much attention to it. But I don't think I have ever seen two straight weeks of rain coming in from off of the ocean. It's always heavier off of the ocean. We typically get pop up storms that are short lived, or a line that comes from the northwest.

Just watched the news, there are a lot of neighborhoods that have had standing water for the entire week. There has been sewage found in the water and people's sewer grinder tanks are floating up. Pretty disgusting thought.
It’s been awhile since we’ve gotten thiis much rain over an extended period of time too. I just hope that the weather is clear when we go to Myrtle Beach week after next.

ADVERTISEMENT