ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs Kansas re-match

Broncos16

Nov 3, 2015
As of right now Purdue and Kansas are the top two seeds in the Midwest region. I think this is very likely to happen, as the only way I see Kansas not being in Wichita is if they fall outside a top 3 seed. I also think Purdue or Michigan State will most likely be the 1 seed in the Midwest. With that being said my friend and I (I'm a KU guy, he's a boiler) talked about a possible re match from last years sweet sixteen game. Obviously the two teams are completely different but its a compelling matchup nonetheless.We thought we would take it to the board for predictions and what team would be favored if its a 1 vs 2 seed matchup. I think the game being in Omaha and the way KU likes to push the tempo would give them a slight advantage

Purdue would be favored by 3-5 points on a neutral site. Public gamblers in March would be ecstatic to get Kansas with points, a very rare occurrence which could push the line lower

I’m tired of playing Kansas in the tourney. Having said that, Purdue is due and this team plays pretty well.

Be careful what you wish for.

I’m tired of playing Kansas in the tourney. Having said that, Purdue is due and this team plays pretty well.

Be careful what you wish for.
I wouldn't mind seeing Purdue on the opposite side of the bracket for sure. But have a long list of teams id rather not face---and its getting longer.

I haven't had an opportunity to watch Purdue this year but that seems like a closer match up than last year. We have a big center and a bunch of streaky guards so we look really good when we're hitting shots and very beatable when we aren't.

Reactions: KUhawks34
I haven't had an opportunity to watch Purdue this year but that seems like a closer match up than last year. We have a big center and a bunch of streaky guards so we look really good when we're hitting shots and very beatable when we aren't.
Purdue has a dominant center and with five guys shooting over 40% from deep at high volumes, it is the best shooting team in the country (D-1 games only). The offense is Kenpom #3 and the defense is at #10 (was #3 prior to yesterday’s Michigan game). I think Purdue would be favored, but It would obviously be a really tough game.

In this hypothetical match up, a big difference this year is that you no longer have the perfect answer for Vince Edwards in Josh Jackson.

My guess is both teams would have trouble stopping each other though. Would be a fun game.

No clue if Purdue would win, but I'd hope we could keep it a little closer this time around.

I still have no clue why Painter had us doubling the post against a top-5 three-point shooting team. But it's fine, I'm not bitter...

If graham starts skipping down the court after shooting a three like last year.....Purdue is in big trouble. Problem is if Purdue goes to their big lineup with those two monsters down low, we will get killed on the glass. PLus no answer for edwards either. Would be a fun game, but in the end the curse of Elite Eight Bill rears its head and we lose by eight.

Purdue looks like the best team in the nation to me right now...not most talented but best...
Everyone looks good playing 14 straight against unranked teams. Finally drew a game against #25 Michigan and they almost lost at home.

They played Haas and Swanigan against a KU team last year that couldn't rebound and we still whooped that ass. Purdue doesn't scare me at all. I would for them to be our Elite Eight game.

Reactions: KUhawks34
Everyone looks good playing 14 straight against unranked teams. Finally drew a game against #25 Michigan and they almost lost at home.

They played Haas and Swanigan against a KU team last year that couldn't rebound and we still whooped that ass. Purdue doesn't scare me at all. I would for them to be our Elite Eight game.
Michigan shot 60% from the field, 50% from 3, annnnnd lost. They played their best game of the season & came away with an L.

And losing to Washington, Texas Tech, & Arizona St. at home isn’t the best look.

I would be much more confident facing Kansas this year than last. This is a very different Purdue team than last season and I think that Kansas is much different as well.

Reactions: KisteK
I think KU small ball still gives Purdue problems this year, but we're just not the same team. Lucas, Jackson and Mason could rebound their position so much better than Dok, Vick and Graham... Plus it helps when you can't miss and the other team turns it over, less rebounds to be had. I don't think we can count on that again.

I don't think Purdue is a worldbeater..just one of the most solid teams in a down year. I don't see them as a terrible match-up for KU, unless Azubuike got into early foul trouble. As usual, it would come down to whether KU is on from outside.

ADVERTISEMENT