ADVERTISEMENT

Post your expectations for where you think your team will be seeded in this years tournament!

With Self? Doubtful.

But you can have that one if I can have Embiid in '14 or Azubuike in '17. Or Simien in the '03 title game.

Don't do this. Injuries to players happen all the time. In 2012 UNC lost to KU in the tournament without their starting backcourt and I don't remember any UNC fan on here using that as an excuse. Self not coaching the Arky game is the same thing IMO.

Seems like some of you have that selective amnesia going on. Damn near any fan of a team they pull for can say the exact same thing whether a player/coach isn't available.

Last edited:
Reactions: mtsuhog85
Don't do this. Injuries to players happen all the time. In 2012 UNC lost to KU in the tournament without their starting backcourt and I don't remember any UNC fan on here using that as an excuse. Self not coaching the Arky game is the same thing IMO.

Seems like some of you have that selective amnesia going on. Damn near any fan of a team they pull for can say the exact same thing whether a player/coach isn't available.

You don't remember anyone using that as an excuse? LOL. That's all I ever hear when that game is brought up.

But I wasn't the one who brought up injuries.

Edit: Self not coaching the Ark game is the same thing? You're saying that every team has the excuse of missing a HOF coach for a big game?

You don't remember anyone using that as an excuse? LOL. That's all I ever hear when that game is brought up.

But I wasn't the one who brought up injuries.

Edit: Self not coaching the Ark game is the same thing? You're saying that every team has the excuse of missing a HOF coach for a big game?

Your coach not there for the Arky game is like a player not available. Again you guys want to have it both ways and that's crazy. I mentioned the 2012 tourney where you guys won that game and it was played in KC and the our starting back court was out.

UK beat the brakes off of KU in the title game and UNC lost to UK at Rupp by 1 point earlier that year so yeah Self not being there is a BS excuse. I brought up injuries because a top coach not available is the same thing as a top player/players not able to go.

Not going to bash Self but he's shit the bed more than a few times against teams he had no business losing to so don't act like Self being on the sideline would of been a guaranteed win.

Last edited:
Reactions: mtsuhog85
Uconn was hot but for Gods sakes they were a 4 seed who undewhelmed per their talent. They weren't world beaters. They beat a seed and 5 seed in the FF. They dragged the worse Gonzaga team in 7 years . Maybe Uconn smokes us but idk. Giving HFBMFS 7 days to prepare who knows.

Uconn didn’t just get hot though. Out of a 5 month season they were really good for 4 of them. 25 of their 31 wins were by double figures. And they finished #1 in adjusted efficiency margins by a good amount.

I do think Kansas beats Arkansas, probably comfortably, with Self on the sidelines. Arkansas really wasn’t that good last season. Talented but no chemistry.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Your coach not there for the Arky game is like a player not available. Again you guys want to have it both ways and that's crazy. I mentioned the 2012 tourney where you guys won that game and it was played in KC and the our starting back court was out.

UK beat the brakes off of KU in the title game and UNC lost to UK at Rupp by 1 point earlier that year so yeah Self not being there is a BS excuse. I brought up injuries because a top coach not available is the same thing as a top player/players not able to go.

Not going to bash Self but he's shit the bed more than a few times against teams he had no business losing to so don't act like Self being on the sideline would of been a guaranteed win.

Beat the brakes off? It was a 5 point game with like a minute left and a three rimmed out that would have cut it to 2.

Also, we're talking about a 13-pt win vs UNC. Not a 1 point game that KU controlled throughout.

Regardless, I don't know what you mean by "want to have it both ways." When was I talking about the UNC game? Did I say that other teams have never been affected by injuries?

It's pointless to argue about the Arkansas game because no one can prove anything, but it came down to making a few simple counter adjustments late in the 2nd half. I have no doubt that Self would've made the right adjustments and prevented a good lead from slipping away. Even Musselman said that he was shocked at the lack of adjustments down the stretch.

Beat the brakes off? It was a 5 point game with like a minute left and a three rimmed out that would have cut it to 2.

Also, we're talking about a 13-pt win vs UNC. Not a 1 point game that KU controlled throughout.

Regardless, I don't know what you mean by "want to have it both ways." When was I talking about the UNC game? Did I say that other teams have never been affected by injuries

It's pointless to argue about the Arkansas game because no one can prove anything, but it came down to making a few simple counter adjustments late in the 2nd half. I have no doubt that Self would've made the right adjustments and prevented a good lead from slipping away. Even Musselman said that he was shocked at the lack of adjustments down the stretch.

Bottom line is KU lost that day. Playing the what if game on who wasn’t available and trying to make a point in do so is a bitch move.

Bacot played on a bum ankle against you guys 2 years ago. We lost, no excuses or what if’s, and gave you props for the win.

A coach like Self makes a big difference but all we can do is speculate on what could of happened.

Bottom line is KU lost that day. Playing the what if game on who wasn’t available and trying to make a point in do so is a bitch move.

Bacot played on a bum ankle against you guys 2 years ago. We lost, no excuses or what if’s, and gave you props for the win.

A coach like Self makes a big difference but all we can do is speculate on what could of happened.

Well, then you're basically calling UNC fans a bunch of bitches, because I've seen that excuse every time the game comes up. And I've never denied that having Marshall out hurt their chances.

I brought up Self because Kistek was talking about KU failing to make the S16 as a 1. Not sure how it's a bitch move to point out that Self's absence had a lot to do with that. Why aren't you bitching at the Arkansas guy who brought up injuries?

Well, then you're basically calling UNC fans a bunch of bitches, because I've seen that excuse every time the game comes up. And I've never denied that having Marshall out hurt their chances.

I brought up Self because Kistek was talking about KU failing to make the S16 as a 1. Not sure how it's a bitch move to point out that Self's absence had a lot to do with that. Why aren't you bitching at the Arkansas guy who brought up injuries?

There are a ton of UNC fans that are bitches, why you think I hang out here?

Uconn didn’t just get hot though. Out of a 5 month season they were really good for 4 of them. 25 of their 31 wins were by double figures. And they finished #1 in adjusted efficiency margins by a good amount.

I do think Kansas beats Arkansas, probably comfortably, with Self on the sidelines. Arkansas really wasn’t that good last season. Talented but no chemistry.

Once again, If they get Self we get Brazile back. A guy that went for 15-5-1 today against Purdue.

Regardless, we won.

Once again, If they get Self we get Brazile back. A guy that went for 15-5-1 today against Purdue.

Regardless, we won.

Yeah i mean i’m not trying to take anything away from Arkansas. In the end all that matters is they won.

That said, those two things aren’t even remotely the same. Brazille missed most of the season and arkansas had been playing without him for over 3 months at that point. They were the same team when they played Kansas that they were for most of the season.

Kansas didn’t know Self wasn’t going to coach in the tournament until the week before?

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Yeah i mean i’m not trying to take anything away from Arkansas. In the end all that matters is they won.

That said, those two things aren’t even remotely the same. Brazille missed most of the season and arkansas had been playing without him for over 3 months at that point. They were the same team when they played Kansas that they were for most of the season.

Kansas didn’t know Self wasn’t going to coach in the tournament until the week before?

If Arkansas drives to the wrong gym then Kansas wins by forfeit.

That didn't happen and Kansas lost.

Self routinely shits himself during games. This is well known. So, who knows maybe the backup coach kept the game close till the hogs pulled away late.

If Arkansas drives to the wrong gym then Kansas wins by forfeit.

That didn't happen and Kansas lost.

Self routinely shits himself during games. This is well known. So, who knows maybe the backup coach kept the game close till the hogs pulled away late.
The coach widely regarded as the best in the NCAA routinely shits himself. Good take. 🤣

The coach widely regarded as the best in the NCAA routinely shits himself. Good take. 🤣

Sounds to me like he shit himself that day.

Who knows, maybe that's why he didn't show up.

One thing we do know is Kansas lost, or do I need to go back and check the record books?

Sounds to me like he shit himself that day.

Who knows, maybe that's why he didn't show up.

One thing we do know is Kansas lost, or do I need to go back and check the record books?

Did somebody question that? If Self shits himself, what would you call what Arkansas's done the last 25 years?🤣

But congrats on getting past the 2nd round for the third time in almost three decades.

Did somebody question that? If Self shits himself, what would you call what Arkansas's done the last 25 years?🤣

But congrats on getting past the 2nd round for the third time in almost three decades.

Someone's a little salty.

ADVERTISEMENT