ADVERTISEMENT

Possibly second worst seeded FF in history...

This is also the first time in the 64 team era that 3 teams are in their first final four.

There’s always been at least 2 teams to make it
that have previously been to a final four.

When the tourn

When the tourney started stub hub was selling lower level seats in section 107 for 7500/seat for the entire final four (no guarantee were just in that section). Tickets are now hitting stub hub and that same section is going for 2400/ticket for the entire final four.

That doesn't mean viewership won't be high. All that proves is that no big boys are in the FF.

This is also the first time in the 64 team era that 3 teams are in their first final four.

There’s always been at least 2 teams to make it
that have previously been to a final four.
Other issue is the 3 new teams don’t have large fanbases. For example if you were to get 3 large power 5 schools in their first final 4 you would seats tons of attendance. SDSU and FAU don’t have large alumni bases

I will be and I didn’t watch a second of last years boring final 4. Go owls
I love CBB....I'll watch regardless. TBH I think its cool as ****. ANd I am with you, GO OWLS!! It would be fukin awesome if those dudes won it all... And scary shit is, I think they return damn near everyone.

IMO its going to be three really, fun games.

It just shows that the #1 and #2 seeds were all overrated this year.
There is much more parity in college basketball thanks partly to the transfer portal.

Other issue is the 3 new teams don’t have large fanbases. For example if you were to get 3 large power 5 schools in their first final 4 you would seats tons of attendance. SDSU and FAU don’t have large alumni bases
Their alumni bases isn't the issue. FAU enrolls 30k and SDSU enrolls 33k. By way of comparison, there are three B1G schools regularly under 30k enrollment. All three would drive ticket prices out the ceiling on StubHub to attend what would be a rare occurrence (1 FF between the three). It's the lack of fans outside of their alumni that hurts FAU and SDSU.

Reactions: JayhawkWriter
Thought the elite 8 was lame, and the final four comes along and says, “hold my beer.” Thank goodness for opening day Thursday.

Usually when KU loses I don't watch anymore. Since these teams don't matter, I will actually watch. Don't really care what happens except I don't want UConn to win it all.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
If Miami wins, it will the second worst, behind 2011: UConn(3), Butler(8), UK(4), VCU(11).

If Texas wins, it would be the 4th.
2011 was KU's bad losing to VCU in Elite Eight.
Couldn't win with the Morris Twins and Thomas Robinson.
2/21 from 3
Missed 13 free throws
Had a 17-3 run in the second half and still lost by 10
S/O to rivals all-american Josh Selby

Reactions: JayhawkWriter
2011 was KU's bad losing to VCU in Elite Eight.
Couldn't win with the Morris Twins and Thomas Robinson.
2/21 from 3
Missed 13 free throws
Had a 17-3 run in the second half and still lost by 10
S/O to rivals all-american Josh Selby

It’s surprising to me that people still talk about that one so much, a dozen years later. It was disappointing as hell, because there was a clear path to a title. But I don’t consider it that huge of an upset. VCU won 5 tourney games and most by a lot. They were cruising through the field. That was a very athletic team that peaked at the right time, and a solid program.

It’s surprising to me that people still talk about that one so much, a dozen years later. It was disappointing as hell, because there was a clear path to a title. But I don’t consider it that huge of an upset. VCU won 5 tourney games and most by a lot. They were cruising through the field. That was a very athletic team that peaked at the right time, and a solid program.
Because of all the things mentioned above. Clear path and we played terrible.
This is also before 1 more title and 3 Final Fours. We still had a lot of catching up to do from a blue blood perspective. Roy had 2 at UNC already, Duke won their 4th the year before. We had just gone through a 2nd round loss as the #1 overall seed.

I was also 25, which is prime age for caring.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
How many times has the highest seed in the final four been a 4 seed? And then how many times has only one team seeded to even make the sweet 16 made it to the final four?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT