ADVERTISEMENT

Portal thread?

Villanova, Arkansas, St. John's, UK?

So, Kentucky and 2 former Kentucky coaches.

giphy.gif

Surely, no. I can't make sense of this. Roach has poured his soul into the program. He's an all-conference performer.

If 13 scholarships are already taken, you shoot the 13th scholarship player in the head. Whatever it takes. You don't sacrifice Roach.
I didn't say it made sense!! Just what I heard from someone who isn't wrong very often. But if you think about it, do you really want to wait around and Jeremy ends up saying " Ok, I'm out" and all of the best guards in the portal are already taken? Unless you think there is some kind of internal issue. If so, I haven't heard anything about it?

Reactions: dukedevilz
I didn't say it made sense!! Just what I heard from someone who isn't wrong very often. But if you think about it, do you really want to wait around and Jeremy ends up saying " Ok, I'm out" and all of the best guards in the portal are already taken? Unless you think there is some kind of internal issue. If so, I haven't heard anything about it?

I'm not against having a stacked roster.

Just when we thought the Duke GM was paying off.

• Haha
Reactions: Blueheart32
Lot of KU rumors flying.

Griffen will be in Lawrence this w/e. Some think it’s basically a done deal.

Philon (talented freshman guard) might reopen his recruitment.

KU and Storr apparently have a lot of mutual interest, and his girlfriend just announced she’s transferring to KU.

Staff’s allegedly pushing hard for Dayton’s Koby Brea. Shot 50% from three on 6 attempts/game.

Almost like a light switch was flipped when the infractions case was resolved. Suddenly they’re actually getting a lot of their top choices.

Sheesh

Would make Duke undoubtedly the favorite this season imo if that were to happen.

Surprised his assist numbers are that low but I really don't know much about what he had around him this season.

He was operating in a very similar fashion to Roach. Mostly playing off the ball, with Marciulionis being the primary facilitator. Mahaney, like Roach, is capable of being a very good distributor. But, his instincts are geared more towards scoring. SMC also has one of the slowest tempos in the country, so that contributes to the low assist number, as well.

Reactions: TKBray
Been reading some Michigan buzz for him.

you shut your whore mouth.

Love this kid, would hate to have to disown him.

He honestly would fill Roach's spot perfectly. Similar size and skillset. Don't know if we'll get him because I'd bet Isaiah Evans is expecting to start alongside Proctor and Foster. But, I'm pleased that we've at least reached out to him.

150 schools called lol. That's wild.

VCU's Max Shulga is portaling. Dynamite shooter and 1st Team All-conference performer in the A-10. High-level talent.

Lot of KU rumors flying.

Griffen will be in Lawrence this w/e. Some think it’s basically a done deal.

Philon (talented freshman guard) might reopen his recruitment.

KU and Storr apparently have a lot of mutual interest, and his girlfriend just announced she’s transferring to KU.

Staff’s allegedly pushing hard for Dayton’s Koby Brea. Shot 50% from three on 6 attempts/game.

Almost like a light switch was flipped when the infractions case was resolved. Suddenly they’re actually getting a lot of their top choices.

Rylan Griffen, AJ Storr, Zeke Mayo, and Riley Kugel? Sheesh. Is there enough minutes to go around?

I think they'll have enough minutes for those guys. Pretty sure they're planning to move Storr to the 4 at times and drop KJ's minutes. Mayo will probably take some of Harris's minutes.

The one I'm unsure about is Elmarko Jackson. Not sure where he expects to get minutes. Won't be surprised if he transfers.

Last edited:
Self ain’t gonna know what to do with all those shooters. Does this mean no more force feeding the ball down low to an obligatory 7’0” 265 lb center?

I didn't realize Duke is having an exodus of players like they are.

Power joins Duke players Jeremy Roach, Jaylen Blakes, Mark Mitchell, Jaden Schutt and Christian Reeves in the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT