ADVERTISEMENT

Portal thread?

Still a lot of moving parts, no question. I could maybe do a top 50 in a month from now with each team's projected top 6 contributors. Without doing a deep dive, this would be my way-too early top 25.

1. Kansas
2. Alabama (If Mark Sears returning)
3. North Carolina (If Ven-Allen Lubin committs)
4. Iowa State
5. Houston
6. Duke
7. Baylor
8. Gonzaga
9. UConn
10. Arizona
11. Indiana
12. Texas A&M
13. Purdue
14. Arkansas
15. St. John's
16. Auburn
17. Creighton
18. UCLA
19. Kentucky
20. Marquette
21. Ohio State
22. Tennessee
23. Florida
24. Cincinnati
25. Miami

And then there's another 20-30 teams that probably aren't that far off from the 25th team. SEC has crazy depth this year. I've got 7 in the top 25 and I didn't include Texas, Georgia, Ole Miss, or Miss State, who all have quality players.

Next best team from each conference
ACC- Clemson
Big East- Xavier
Big 12- Texas Tech
Big 10- Rutgers
SEC- Ole Miss
AAC- Memphis
A10- Saint Louis
MWC- Boise State
WCC- Saint Mary's
Rest Of the Conferences- McNeese State

You have BYU east 19th?

• Haha
Reactions: winin11
You have BYU east 19th?

Like I said, they have a lot of good players (7-9). I just think the odds that a few of them develop into great players this season is pretty high.

Also kind of funny that Louisville is just a Noah Waterman commitment away from bringing more BYU guys than Kentucky. Khalifa previously committed, of course.

You have BYU east 19th?
No sign of the cesspool of college basketball known as U6 in those ranking, BLOCKHEAD. Squints ain't gonna save you clowns.

Good call on 'BYU East' as well, you mental midget. If the hooker did a good job for Waterman last night, U6 will have more former BYU players.

No sign of the cesspool of college basketball known as U6 in those ranking, BLOCKHEAD. Squints ain't gonna save you clowns.

Good call on 'BYU East' as well, you mental midget. If the hooker did a good job for Waterman last night, U6 will have more former BYU players.
Shut up dumbass

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
The difference is so very little at this point. And we have no idea how most of these guys will progress over the next 6 months. There are always surprises.

At this point, though, I think I like Kentucky's roster a little better because they have A LOT of proven players. Not superstars, but good players. I think the odds are that a couple of them will develop into all-conference caliber players.
If you're not willing to adjust a blatant mistake just say so.

a blatant mistake

giphy.gif

If you're not willing to adjust a blatant mistake just say so.
Tell you what, I'll have a word with Dukedevils and convince him to swap UK and UT, you can have the pre-season "guess" rankings, UK will take the real McCoy post season rankings. 😎

Still a lot of moving parts, no question. I could maybe do a top 50 in a month from now with each team's projected top 6 contributors. Without doing a deep dive, this would be my way-too early top 25.

1. Kansas
2. Alabama (If Mark Sears returning)
3. North Carolina (If Ven-Allen Lubin committs)
4. Iowa State
5. Houston
6. Duke
7. Baylor
8. Gonzaga
9. UConn
10. Arizona
11. Indiana
12. Texas A&M
13. Purdue
14. Arkansas
15. St. John's
16. Auburn
17. Creighton
18. UCLA
19. Kentucky
20. Marquette
21. Ohio State
22. Tennessee
23. Florida
24. Cincinnati
25. Miami

And then there's another 20-30 teams that probably aren't that far off from the 25th team. SEC has crazy depth this year. I've got 7 in the top 25 and I didn't include Texas, Georgia, Ole Miss, or Miss State, who all have quality players.

Next best team from each conference
ACC- Clemson
Big East- Xavier
Big 12- Texas Tech
Big 10- Rutgers
SEC- Ole Miss
AAC- Memphis
A10- Saint Louis
MWC- Boise State
WCC- Saint Mary's
Rest Of the Conferences- McNeese State
where would you move unc to if Lubin doesn't commit?

Tell you what, I'll have a word with Dukedevils and convince him to swap UK and UT, you can have the pre-season "guess" rankings, UK will take the real McCoy post season rankings. 😎
I'm afraid you have forgotten who you're talking to. There can be only one most knowledgeable CBB poster on the board and that is determined by a grueling knock down drag out test of the nuances and subtleties that is the CBB season. A champion rises from the masses and is crowned for a year. So, save your influence with Devil as both of you were weighed and measured only to come up wanting.

Devil is clearly having a "stupid fit" and will more than likely correct the error when he recovers.:p

I'm afraid you have forgotten who you're talking to. There can be only one most knowledgeable CBB poster on the board and that is determined by a grueling knock down drag out test of the nuances and subtleties that is the CBB season. A champion rises from the masses and is crowned for a year. So, save your influence with Devil as both of you were weighed and measured only to come up wanting.

Devil is clearly having a stupid fit and will more than likely correct the error when he recovers.:p
Mmmmkayyy, but y'all had your shot last year, back down you go.

I actually think Dd was being kind to UT, because he knows you're watching. He’s being cautious on UK, he knows UK has dudes, he’s just not sure how they're going to work as a team yet, but he's pretty positive UK > UT. I happen to agree.

Toodles. 😃

Mmmmkayyy, but y'all had your shot last year, back down you go.

I actually think Dd was being kind to UT, because he knows you're watching. He’s being cautious on UK, he knows UK has dudes, he’s just not sure how they're going to work as a team yet, but he's pretty positive UK > UT. I happen to agree.

Toodles. 😃
What do you mean , "y'all had your shot"? We smoked y'all at UK and let you have one when we had already clinched the SEC. Furthermore, we advanced way further that y'all did in the tourney.

As things look, y'all are doing the same stuff as with Cal "buying players" except you have lost a HOF coach.

Missed this one from yesterday. Huge pickup.
They have areal good player in Achor. I live about 12 minutes from Samford and saw him play a few games.
6’9” and aggressive on the boards, plus he can shoot the triples.
I think Nate Oats would have liked to have him but the roster is full.

Reactions: dukedevilz
What do you mean , "y'all had your shot"? We smoked y'all at UK and let you have one when we had already clinched the SEC. Furthermore, we advanced way further that y'all did in the tourney.

As things look, y'all are doing the same stuff as with Cal "buying players" except you have lost a HOF coach.
"let you have one'.... on Senior Day? That's what you're going with?

Devil is clearly having a "stupid fit" and will more than likely correct the error when he recovers.:p

My preseason ranking in May means next to nothing. But if you do all land Lanier, I'd almost certainly put Tennessee in the top 15.

where would you move unc to if Lubin doesn't commit?
That frontcourt could be a little shaky. Jalen Washington is okay, not the ideal defender for the 5, but he's not a massive liability as some like to imagine. I would also bet Cade Tyson starts at the 4. Rebounding, which is normally a huge advantage for UNC, could be a little pedestrian. That would be the biggest concern for Carolina

So, I'd probably drop them just below Gonzaga and have them at #8. With the guards they have, they'll be elite, regardless. But, if they can grab an experienced/talented big, they should be one of the early title favorites.

They have areal good player in Achor. I live about 12 minutes from Samford and saw him play a few games.
6’9” and aggressive on the boards, plus he can shoot the triples.
I think Nate Oats would have liked to have him but the roster is full.

Supremely talented! I was able to see him live, too. Didn't know who he was beforehand, and I remember remarking to those I was watching the game with, "He looks like a future pro to me." Still feel the same way. He is very capable of making an all-conference team in the Big 12.

Reactions: Blueheart32

I thought this was a 2-team race? It still probably is, but interesting that he's giving a listen to Kevin Young. If Tennessee can have the final visit, that would be huge for their chances of obtaining Lanier.

I thought you didn't consider things that happened in the past???
Jeff, you were talking about the past. How else can I communicate with you if I don't talk in your native tongue?

No, you were comparing the future season with the past season. I responded in kind.;)
So you're saying you refuse to consider the past AND the future? There is no here-and-now, it's the off-season.
UK has like 9 seniors this year, they're signed.

So you're saying you refuse to consider the past AND the future? There is no here-and-now, it's the off-season.
UK has like 9 seniors this year, they're signed.
I think you in the middle of a stupid fit Jeff.

You brought up last season and this upcoming season, so addressed what you brought up. That wasn't so hard was it?

You brought up last season and this upcoming season, so addressed what you brought up. That wasn't so hard was it?
Della, how do you feel about UK baseball (at minimum) sharing the SEC title? They were voted to be 5th in the East and 10th overall in the SEC preseason. Now they’ll win the SEC outright with a win or UT loss tomorrow and will likely be the #1 overall seed in the NCAAT. 😎

No, no, I'm just going off your rules, what happened in the past doesn't count (except for the last h2h game you played of course).

Della, how do you feel about UK baseball (at minimum) sharing the SEC title? They were voted to be 5th in the East and 10th overall in the SEC preseason. Now they’ll win the SEC outright with a win or UT loss tomorrow and will likely be the #1 overall seed in the NCAAT. 😎
Truth is I'm impressed With with UK's season. Y'all have done well. I'm almost hoping UT loses this afternoon, so SCAR can make it into postseason. I think SCAR, Charleston and Clemson would be a wild region. I realize I just shocked you, but it would make things more fun.

Of course, I want UT to win it all, though.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
No, no, I'm just going off your rules, what happened in the past doesn't count (except for the last h2h game you played of course).
My rules are things should be related.

ADVERTISEMENT