ADVERTISEMENT

*****Pittsburgh 68 at Iowa 69 - Final*****

Cook misses both and UP has the ball. They can't get the shot in and Iowa gets the 69-68 win at CHA.

This was a close game the entire way. UI's experience comes together while UP loses, but looks to have an upside.

Iowa is now 6-0 and Pittsburgh falls to 5-1.

Up next for the Hawkeyes, the 6-1 Wisconsin Badgers to open up Big Ten play.

Up next for the Panthers, a home game against local rival[maybe?] Duquesne. The Dukes are off to a 4-1 start.

By the way, for any aspiring play-by-play commentators, don't say shit like "It's a shame one of these teams have to lose." No, a shame would be this game somehow ending in a tie due to some obscene circumstance. It's not a shame that someone gets to win.

I'm just not a big fan of that line.

Tomorrow, Virginia and Maryland reacquaint themselves. Both teams enter tomorrow night's showdown undefeated so it'll be like tonight's UP/UI game where one keeps going and the other doesn't.

Kace, youre moving up the boards PBP rankings. Got you as a top 5 PBP guy on this forum right now and rising rapidly.

Reactions: Kace-1
Iowa is currently the most overrated team in the country. They are getting way too much credit for beating an overvalued Oregon team, which btw just lost to Texas Southern.

Iowa at #14 is hilarious considering they will finish around 10th in the Big Ten this season and be playing in the NIT.

Iowa is currently the most overrated team in the country. They are getting way too much credit for beating an overvalued Oregon team, which btw just lost to Texas Southern.

Iowa at #14 is hilarious considering they will finish around 10th in the Big Ten this season and be playing in the NIT.

I don't think Iowa is #14 team either but theyre better than 10th in the BIG. Should be a tourney team i f they play to their potential . They have plenty of talent.

Iowa had an off night last night. Garza had flu and Cook had a bad game. They lacked focus and we're lazy on D. Came out in 2nd half and won the half by 7 shooting poorly. Held Pitt to 22 points and forced numerous turnovers. If Fran keeps them hungry, they'll do well in the BIG. He gets them fall into bad habits, not so much.

Big Ten is tough for me to gauge because I don't think there's a big separation from teams 3-11. Michigan/Michigan State are the elite teams/Final Four Contenders. NW, IL, and Rutgers most likely won't contend for an NCAA Berth. That leaves 9 programs that will probably all be fighting it out for a double bye in the Big Ten Tournament and a high seed in the NCAAs (Purdue, Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Maryland, Iowa, Indiana, Penn State, Minnesota).

The conference is very, very tough this year. Look at all of the OOC wins:

Iowa- Oregon, UConn, Pitt
Michigan- @Villanova, Providence
Ohio State- @Cincinnati, @Creighton
Nebraska- @Clemson, Seton Hall
Wisconsin- @Xavier, Stanford, Oklahoma, NC State
Purdue- Davidson
Minnesota- Utah, Texas A&M, Washington
Northwestern- Utah
Indiana- Marquette
Michigan State- UCLA, Texas
Penn State- Virginia Tech

Maryland, Rutgers, and Illinois are the only schools without a quality win.

Why you always gotta piss on our parade?

Overrated sure. We are not finishing 10th though.

ADVERTISEMENT