ADVERTISEMENT

Pick my next Netflix series

Another vote for the Last Kingdom. Love the historical drama and viking themes. Season 3 coming soon.

yep, definitely one of the elite hidden gems on Netflix. Maybe the best show on netflix that a lot of people haven't heard of.

Speaking of which, I'm watching Money Heist now. It's Spanish with subtitles so that can be a non starter for some, but doesn't bother me. So far only 2 eps in, but it's really good. The reviews are really good too. It came out in May so still relatively new.

DD and Punisher were my favorites until they ruined it with Defenders crap.

If you're into interviews. Letterman's show "My Next Guess Needs No Introduction" is pretty good.

In my early days of sales, I used to admire how he would get people to not only talk, but ramble on.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Been watching The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu. Awesome show.

Just because.

X64y.gif

I still cant believe that I'm the only person whose mentioned Cobra Kai! I'm guessing there are a lot of people here who grew up in the 80s and 90s and loved the movies? If I'm correct with that then I'm surprised that there hasn't been quite a few people on here telling you to watch the series on YouTube red.

Seriously, it is the first reboot that I've watched that is good enough to stand on it's own.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I still cant believe that I'm the only person whose mentioned Cobra Kai! I'm guessing there are a lot of people here who grew up in the 80s and 90s and loved the movies? If I'm correct with that then I'm surprised that there hasn't been quite a few people on here telling you to watch the series on YouTube red.

Seriously, it is the first reboot that I've watched that is good enough to stand on it's own.
Huge fan. Without giving anything away, it nailed every cliche and turned old tricks into new ones.

Shot in the dark here, but maybe the reason no one is mentioning it is because this is a thread about Netflix shows and Cobra Kai is not a Netflix show.

Reactions: jhmossy
yep, definitely one of the elite hidden gems on Netflix. Maybe the best show on netflix that a lot of people haven't heard of.

Speaking of which, I'm watching Money Heist now. It's Spanish with subtitles so that can be a non starter for some, but doesn't bother me. So far only 2 eps in, but it's really good. The reviews are really good too. It came out in May so still relatively new.

You know you can switch it to English right? It looks a little weird, like their mouths don't exactly line up with what they say perfectly but it's much better than the Spanish. Great show. I'm 13 episodes in.

You know you can switch it to English right? It looks a little weird, like their mouths don't exactly line up with what they say perfectly but it's much better than the Spanish. Great show. I'm 13 episodes in.

Sorry, I'd rather stick ice picks in my eyes than watch a show that is dubbed to English. Besides the obvious annoyance of the mouths not matching up to the sound, there's the fact that the voice actors they get to do the voice overs are not nearly as talented as the real actors uttering those lines with the proper body language and emotional responses to match.

Always opt to watch shows in the original languages they were filmed in with subtitles. Unless you're illiterate of course.

ADVERTISEMENT