ADVERTISEMENT

Pick my next Netflix series

I dropped out on Hell on Wheels, which was stunning, because it’s literally one of my favorite eras.

Glad to see everyone recognizes The Wire.

STUNNED that there isn’t more recognition of Band of Brothers. Not considered because of the limited run?
And it's like 20 years old, likely everyone has seen it... Also it's not on Netflix.

I dropped out on Hell on Wheels, which was stunning, because it’s literally one of my favorite eras.

Glad to see everyone recognizes The Wire.

STUNNED that there isn’t more recognition of Band of Brothers. Not considered because of the limited run?

Band of brothers is an all time great. But mossy said he was looking for something over the summer. You can do stuff like BoB and true detective over a weekend.

Let me offer you a few that maybe you aren't as familiar with.

Peaky Blinders
Luther
The Last Kingdom
Into The Badlands

I'll also recommend Both daredevil and the punisher if you're into the super hero thing.

How good is Into The Badlands?

Not very unless you just really like over the top action scenes and bad acting. Admittedly I've only seen the first season.

Sounds like my least favorite type of show/movie.

(Aside from reality trash like real housewives)

Reactions: tw3301
Everybody liked some good reality trash. I still can’t figure out how people do it on Naked and Afraid.
I honestly can't think of one reality show that I ever liked. Maybe real world when I was young but never that much.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
I honestly can't think of one reality show that I ever liked. Maybe real world when I was young but never that much.

Real World was good when it started. And I used to love Blind Date for some reason. Came on at like 1130pm.

Oh and speaking of 1130, was Amateur Night at the Apollo "reality TV"? I guess not. It's a talent show--seems like a different category. But I did like it.

You can take ROSANNE off your viewing list.

Beyond thoughts about the show and the cancellation and all of that... man, she is seriously nuts. I know she has done sort of crazy things over the decades (the grabbing her crotch during the anthem riled some people up) and she always had a rep for being angry and confrontational and a lot to work with... but I don’t think she was ever this nuts. But she seems to have really gone off the deep end into some nutty paranoia, and self destructive paranoia at that. Gotta be the (or one of the) craziest celeb. But she’s always had some mental issues, and has been somewhat open about them. Interesting... she was just on Stern, and she didn’t come off as nuts... but he didn’t go there with the interview.

Anyway... you can always watch the original show.

Beyond thoughts about the show and the cancellation and all of that... man, she is seriously nuts. I know she has done sort of crazy things over the decades (the grabbing her crotch during the anthem riled some people up) and she always had a rep for being angry and confrontational and a lot to work with... but I don’t think she was ever this nuts. But she seems to have really gone off the deep end into some nutty paranoia, and self destructive paranoia at that. Gotta be the (or one of the) craziest celeb. But she’s always had some mental issues, and has been somewhat open about them. Interesting... she was just on Stern, and she didn’t come off as nuts... but he didn’t go there with the interview.

Anyway... you can always watch the original show.
Can't even watch the original show. All the channels have yanked the reruns as well. It's a shame everyonr else involved in the show has to pay for her stupidity. Surprised ABC gave her a shot to begin with to be honest.

I guess it depends on what we're calling reality shows. I never liked any of the dramatic over the top ones. No dancing with the stars, no big brother and I absolutely can't stand the bachelor/bachelorette. But I like America's got Talent if that falls under reality tv. I like Wicked Tuna, but even that show has added too much drama, kind of turning me off.

I used to watch Amazing Race with the wife. Not sure if I liked it... but it was something we could watch together. Same with Hells Kitchen.

Oh. I do like Project Runway. Sorry, its my inner gay.

I used to watch Amazing Race with the wife. Not sure if I liked it... but it was something we could watch together. Same with Hells Kitchen.

Oh. I do like Project Runway. Sorry, its my inner gay.
All the reality shows we watch are also competitions.

Here's both a great and horrible selection . Will kill countless hours.

The walking dead.

I can't believe I've watched 8 seasons. Season 9 is supposed to be the last, so I'll probably watch it and hate myself in the process.

Here's both a great and horrible selection . Will kill countless hours.

The walking dead.

I can't believe I've watched 8 seasons. Season 9 is supposed to be the last, so I'll probably watch it and hate myself in the process.
Gave up on it already.

The episode where Carl dies was my last. Snoozefest. I started to give up in season 7, but regretfully didn't

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
i just started Altered Carbon
i have only watched 2 episodes, seems OK so far

I liked it as well. It was a fast 3 hours.
I watched it last night. Being in PA, I remember the bombing going down.

I wish the series took a look at the deaths of Marjorie’s other boyfriends. I’m sure there is some crazy shit to uncover there. Unfortunately, with Marjorie being dead, it’s probably impossible to do.

Off the top of my head, here are some of the best shows on Netflix that aren't obvious like the Breaking Bads of the world.

The Last Kingdom: GOT without magic/dragons. Great show, 2 seasons so far.

Happy Valley: BBC 6 episode season, I think 2 seasons in total. Fantastic murder mystery cop drama show.

Broadchurch: Basically identical praise to Happy Valley

The Peep Show: Maybe the funniest show on Netflix, another BBC inport.

The IT Crowd: If Peep show isn't funniest on Netflix, then this one might be. Another hilarious BBC entry.

Mindhunter: A bit of a slow burn, but good.

Travelers: Fun time traveling show from Canada. Been on a couple seasons, very entertaining.

Off the top of my head, here are some of the best shows on Netflix that aren't obvious like the Breaking Bads of the world.

The Last Kingdom: GOT without magic/dragons. Great show, 2 seasons so far.

Happy Valley: BBC 6 episode season, I think 2 seasons in total. Fantastic murder mystery cop drama show.

Broadchurch: Basically identical praise to Happy Valley

The Peep Show: Maybe the funniest show on Netflix, another BBC inport.

The IT Crowd: If Peep show isn't funniest on Netflix, then this one might be. Another hilarious BBC entry.

Mindhunter: A bit of a slow burn, but good.

Travelers: Fun time traveling show from Canada. Been on a couple seasons, very entertaining.

If you like The Last Kingdom, Frontier with Jason Momoa is pretty good as well. The first season is a bit rough, and at 6 episodes it's short, but I feel season 2 is a nice leap quality wise. Season 3 will be coming later this year I believe.

If you like The Last Kingdom, Frontier with Jason Momoa is pretty good as well. The first season is a bit rough, and at 6 episodes it's short, but I feel season 2 is a nice leap quality wise. Season 3 will be coming later this year I believe.

i've had it in my Q for a couple years, but I've read nothing but mediocre reviews about the show so I haven't pulled the trigger. This day and age of amazing tv options, I try not to start a new show unless it's great.

It's not Netflix, but imo EVERYONE needs to watch Cobra Kai! Its hands down one of the biggest surprise great shows of my adult life. After watching the trailer, I thought it was going to be horrible, but decided to give it a try because I grew up on TKK. I was blown away by how good it was and have now watched it 4 times. I dragged my wife and kids to reluctantly watch the first 2 episodes and after that they were the ones who wanted to keep binge watching it.

Other great shows are
Breaking bad
Sons of Anarchy
Dexter
Weeds
Ozarks
Walking Dead

Any of these shows imo are worthy of a summer binge session. But, I would definitely start with the Cobra kai 10 episodes on YouTube red.

ADVERTISEMENT