ADVERTISEMENT

Pet Peeves about your Own Coach.

Too much hair.
amorica-orginal.jpg

Did you tell him that directly?

Btw, what happened to Balsa? Wasn't he a top-10 recruit for most of his high school career?

I mentioned it to Stan and CY on occasion.

Balsa was never top 10. Maybe a top 10 Center. He was around top 50 as a recruit, but that’s based on projection not current ability. He’s been solid in some games. Had a few real wow moments. He’s also been hurt and missed several games.

We feel he’s coming along nicely and are real excited for his development under Stan.

I mentioned it to Stan and CY on occasion.

Balsa was never top 10. Maybe a top 10 Center. He was around top 50 as a recruit, but that’s based on projection not current ability. He’s been solid in some games. Had a few real wow moments. He’s also been hurt and missed several games.

We feel he’s coming along nicely and are real excited for his development under Stan.

I'm sure he'll have a very nice career in Tallahassee. Only reason I remember him being a top 10 guy is because Duke was recruiting him pretty heavily as a freshmen and sophomore. 247 recruit history shows him as a top 10 recruit until the fall of his junior year.

Here are a couple more references to him being a top 10 guy. The article says #8 - the video says top 5 recruit.

Last edited:
I'm sure he'll have a very nice career in Tallahassee. Only reason I remember him being a top 10 guy is because Duke was recruiting him pretty heavily as a freshmen and sophomore. 247 recruit history shows him as a top 10 recruit until the fall of his junior year.

Here are a couple more references to him being a top 10 guy. The article says #8 - the video says top 5 recruit.

He’s playing against guys that are way shorter than him. Not explosive either. Like an 8th grader playing a 5th grader.

Reactions: dukedevilz

Oh nice. Good find. I only started tracking him after the FSU commit.

Bruce is a God. Love everything about him. Although, we did recently find out one of our best players been sitting on the bench all year.

Ask me about our shitty huthut coach and I wouldn’t even know where to start. He sucks at everything.

Bruce is a God. Love everything about him. Although, we did recently find out one of our best players been sitting on the bench all year.

Ask me about our shitty huthut coach and I wouldn’t even know where to start. He sucks at everything.
There's only one God.

The way Cal talks sometimes during interviews and the way he’ll repeat shit over and over. Cal “How bout this, Anthony Davis took the 4th most shot attempts on our team...ANTHONY DAVIS”.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
The way Cal talks sometimes during interviews and the way he’ll repeat shit over and over. Cal “How bout this, Anthony Davis took the 4th most shot attempts on our team...ANTHONY DAVIS”.
i have friends here in Memphis and they warned me about Cal's press conferences and how he'll talk down to the reporters and fan base. I didn't believe him at first, but I understand now.

"any basketball bennies here? How many watched tape?"

I’m talking more of the way he gets loud or the way he talks in that funky ass voice when he’s trying to be funny. Kills me

Can’t recruit. Don’t know his offensive or defense. A bunch of hoopla

Substitution patterns. Earlier in the year he tried basically the thing Kentucky did with playing the whole bench at the same time. Now he will sit our 2 best players at the same time for stretches when we aren’t even that deep

I wish Painter would be a little more flexible during the recruiting process. I love that he's honest and straightforward with kids, but it's okay to give a kid the dog-and-pony show if that will help sway them. You don't have to beat every recruit over the head with the fact you have to play defense at Purdue to earn playing time.

Also, his suit game could get a whole lot better.

Izzo has 2.

1. Sits a guy with 2 fouls the rest of the 1st half.....ALWAYS. Never, ever breaks that rule.
2. His maddening refusal to call a timeout until the other team gets tired ripping off 14 straight points.
Funny.....Iowa fans would share that criticism about Fran.

Mine are more overall gripes.

-The Frantrums when they are unnecessary. (Some of them are.....)

-The late-season Franplosions turning solid seasons into seasons on the brink, either limping into the tournament, or falling off the cliff into NIT purgatory.

Fortunately, this season has been uniquely different for Fran, so far. :)

ADVERTISEMENT