ADVERTISEMENT

Penny Hardaway says other college coaches are jealous of his NBA background

St. John's, Georgetown, Alabama and Wake Forest coaches aren't jealous.

Did I miss anybody?

Reactions: catman111
Yes, becayhe has wiseman coming in next yr for a whole 6 months and will give plenty of time to have penny turn him into a late lottery pick rather than top five if he would of gone to a school that had players around him. As a yo fan I’m super jealous of 70th ranked dj jefferies who will be there 4 years and contribute nothing. He will win maybe 5 more games next yr than this yr, make the tournament and lose in the first weekend. He maybe able to recruit with his staff but he’s gotta be able to coach those guys. Since he hasn’t won shit good luck getting their respect. You can’t play aau ball in college it doesn’t work

He is taking a strange approach for sure. Go after Barnes at Tennessee in a rant that made no sense whatsoever. Barnes kind of ignores it and yet he goes after him again. Then I guess he wasn't being talked about enough for him, because he is kind of irrelevant (even here in Tennessee) and he says this stuff. I get trying to get some publicity but he seems to just be getting only bad pub for all of this stuff. I feel like he is treating this gig like his AAU one.

Yes, becayhe has wiseman coming in next yr for a whole 6 months and will give plenty of time to have penny turn him into a late lottery pick rather than top five if he would of gone to a school that had players around him. As a yo fan I’m super jealous of 70th ranked dj jefferies who will be there 4 years and contribute nothing. He will win maybe 5 more games next yr than this yr, make the tournament and lose in the first weekend. He maybe able to recruit with his staff but he’s gotta be able to coach those guys. Since he hasn’t won shit good luck getting their respect. You can’t play aau ball in college it doesn’t work
Penny wont screw up Wiseman. I don't think Wiseman gets significantly better during his year in college though.

There's quite a few D1 Head Coaches That played in the NBA. I saved this text file from earlier. I think it's accurate. The players in bold are former NBA All-Stars.

Avery Johnson- Alabama
Bobby Hurley- Arizona State
Donyell Marshall- Central Connecticut state
Juan Dixon- Coppin State
Walter McCarty- Evansville
Patrick Ewing- Georgetown
Dan Majerle- Grand Canyon

Al Skinner- Kennesaw State
Darrell Walker- Arkansas Little Rock
Penny Hardaway- Memphis
Cuonzo Martin- Missouri
Lorenzo Romar- Pepperdine
Damon Stoudamire- Pacific
Terry Porter- Portland
Scott Padgett- Samford
Chris Mullin- St.John's
Corey Williams- Stetson
Mike Dunleavy Sr- Tulane
Johnny Dawkins- UCF
Larry Krystkowiak- Utah
Mark Pope- Utah Valley
Bryce Drew- Valparaiso
Tony Bennett- Virginia
Danny Manning- Wake Forest

Damon Stoudamire and Donyell Marshall were pretty solid, too.

There's quite a few D1 Head Coaches That played in the NBA. I saved this text file from earlier. I think it's accurate. The players in bold are former NBA All-Stars.

Avery Johnson- Alabama
Bobby Hurley- Arizona State
Donyell Marshall- Central Connecticut state
Juan Dixon- Coppin State
Walter McCarty- Evansville
Patrick Ewing- Georgetown
Dan Majerle- Grand Canyon

Al Skinner- Kennesaw State
Darrell Walker- Arkansas Little Rock
Penny Hardaway- Memphis
Cuonzo Martin- Missouri
Lorenzo Romar- Pepperdine
Damon Stoudamire- Pacific
Terry Porter- Portland
Scott Padgett- Samford
Chris Mullin- St.John's
Corey Williams- Stetson
Mike Dunleavy Sr- Tulane
Johnny Dawkins- UCF
Larry Krystkowiak- Utah
Mark Pope- Utah Valley
Bryce Drew- Valparaiso
Tony Bennett- Virginia
Danny Manning- Wake Forest

Damon Stoudamire and Donyell Marshall were pretty solid, too.

Missing Fred Hoiberg

Lost a lot of respect for Penny between this stuff, the shady recruiting, the flopping. For shame Penny......for shame.

Man I had high hopes for Penny at Memphis. Maybe it's a year one thing and he'll show signs of turning it around year two like Mullins and Ewing at their alma maters. Year one ain't looking good.

He is taking a strange approach for sure. Go after Barnes at Tennessee in a rant that made no sense whatsoever. Barnes kind of ignores it and yet he goes after him again. Then I guess he wasn't being talked about enough for him, because he is kind of irrelevant (even here in Tennessee) and he says this stuff. I get trying to get some publicity but he seems to just be getting only bad pub for all of this stuff. I feel like he is treating this gig like his AAU one.
Lavar Ball school of how to become a douche.

Reactions: sgrooms and CB3UK
Up 4 right now vs #25 Cincinnati. I could have went to this game for free but chose to come home instead.

It really sucks because for those that read my posts, know I was really bragging on Penny and how much he's done for Memphis and was a huge fan of him doing well.

He's kind of a pompous ass that is hard to like. I get the Us against the world mentality, but....have more tact.

Calipari has already proven you can win at Memphis and he didn't recruit Memphis. Penny has all the tools, but his mouth is not doing himself any favors.

It really sucks because for those that read my posts, know I was really bragging on Penny and how much he's done for Memphis and was a huge fan of him doing well.

He's kind of a pompous ass that is hard to like. I get the Us against the world mentality, but....have more tact.

Calipari has already proven you can win at Memphis and he didn't recruit Memphis. Penny has all the tools, but his mouth is not doing himself any favors.

This is mostly accurate.

But Calipari had World Wide Wes bringing the players to Memphis back then. Penny has a small window to be successful at Memphis. And he has to use his connections in Memphis to make it work.

This year is an experiment. Next year, it's time to start writing his legacy. Good Luck to him. I sure hope he can coach.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT