ADVERTISEMENT

Penny GUARANTEES the National Title

Could you imagine rooting for a team that doesn't make 7 Elite 8's, 4 FF's, 2 Championship games, and a title in the last 10 years? Or rooting for a team that doesn't recruit so much talent and produces so many 1st round draft picks, Lottery picks and #1 picks, that rivals use their success against them? That would suck. They're losing in every way.

"You're failing in ways we could only hope for". RollLaugh

I just Didnt understand why the success surprises you. It’s been a helluva run no doubt, But cal basically had the number one recruiting class 7-8 years straight until Duke broke the streak a few years back.

And like I said earlier final fours are overrated to me. Over a ten year period I’d rather have 2 titles and lose in the first round or even go to NIT the other 8 years. But I know my opinion is in the minority in regards to final fours.

I just Didnt understand why the success surprises you. It’s been a helluva run no doubt, But cal basically had the number one recruiting class 7-8 years straight until Duke broke the streak a few years back.

And like I said earlier final fours are overrated to me. Over a ten year period I’d rather have 2 titles and lose in the first round or even go to NIT the other 8 years. But I know my opinion is in the minority in regards to final fours.
Again, it has to suck to root for a team that rarely makes a FF. I understand the mindset behind trying to discredit others when yours theirs is irrelevant. Can't recruit at a high level or constantly get to the final weekend. "let's just shit on teams that do to soothe our wounds. Let's just shit on others." Laughing

We clearly have a different way of thinking.

Last edited:
No it’s not that at all, I’m not trying to discredit teams achievement, I’m just don’t see making the final four as a big of an achievement as the rest of college basketball. I just don’t get celebrating teams that make the semifinal just as much as the team that is runner up. In pro sports it’s about making super bowl or making nbathe finals or making the World Series. Not making the conference championships/semi finals.

I mean look at UKs tourney two years ago. Yall could have made the all mighty final four by beating Cornell, Buffalo, Kansas st, and Loyola. I mean I get that it’s not yalls fault the bracket fell that way but with the final four line of thinking UK could have turned a decent season into a great season worthy of hanging a banner just by beating 9 seed Kstate and 11 seed Loyola. And again not uks fault and I know they call it March madness for a reason but I just don’t have the same opinion aboit final fours as most. And I wouldn’t if Louisville had 3x as many final fours as we do, I don’t even know how many we have, I just know we have 3 titles*

And yea we have def a different way of thinking bc I know not very many people if any share my opinion on this.

No it’s not that at all, I’m not trying to discredit teams achievement, I’m just don’t see making the final four as a big of an achievement as the rest of college basketball. I just don’t get celebrating teams that make the semifinal just as much as the team that is runner up. In pro sports it’s about making super bowl or making nbathe finals or making the World Series. Not making the conference championships/semi finals.

I mean look at UKs tourney two years ago. Yall could have made the all mighty final four by beating Cornell, Buffalo, Kansas st, and Loyola. I mean I get that it’s not yalls fault the bracket fell that way but with the final four line of thinking UK could have turned a decent season into a great season worthy of hanging a banner just by beating 9 seed Kstate and 11 seed Loyola. And again not uks fault and I know they call it March madness for a reason but I just don’t have the same opinion aboit final fours as most. And I wouldn’t if Louisville had 3x as many final fours as we do, I don’t even know how many we have, I just know we have 3 titles*
So it's title or bust for UL? UL has only had 2 successful seasons ever? Yeah, we think different. I feel like you're selling out UL in order to shit on UK. I'm really, no offense, thinking you're not a UL fan but a UK hater. Who sells out their team like that? "We've only had two successful seasons". o_O

Last edited:

...so funny how U6 fans can be 'critics' when they have no room to criticize. Their team was watching from their couches just like U6 fans were.

So it's title or bust for UL? UL has only had 2 successful seasons ever? Yeah, we think different. I feel like you're selling out UL in order to shit on UK. I'm really, no offense, thinking you're not a UL fan but a UK hater. Who sells out their team like that? "We've only had two successful seasons". o_O

No not at all I just set my expectations for my team on how good I feel the team is.

In 2012 I was thrilled we made the final four, I didn’t expect it. In 2013 I would have been very disappointed if we made the final four and lost the first game bc I felt like we had the best team in the nation. I’m not trying to diminish anyone’s accomplishments or “sell out” my team. I just don’t have the opinion that making the final four should be the earmark for a successful season. That’s just my opinion, you don’t have to like it, u def don’t have to share it, but I do have the right to form my own opinion.

And no it’s not title or bust. I viewed last year as a successful season just bc we made it into the tourney after the clusterfudge our program has been on the last few years.

And I wasn’t hating on uk I just used that tourney as an example that not all final fours are equal, and I know you are a uk fan and would remember uks path better than If I had brought up a different school like duke and some of the easier final four runs they have had. Like I mentioned earlier the only difference in that season being a decent season to one worth of hanging a banner would have been beating a 9 seed then an 11 seed. I’m just not in agreement with that line of thinking. And it’s ok you disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT