ADVERTISEMENT

Outstanding Plays, 2022-23

I was fortunate that I had the New Mexico/SDSU game recorded, as this allowed me to watch the tail end of the Colorado State-UNLV game. Between regulation and overtime, Stevens actually made 4 3-pointers with less than 25 seconds left! Wild stuff. Kind of reminded me of that Trey Burke game against Kansas in the Sweet 16.

I don't think people are talking about Kendrick enough. He looks like at least a 3rd team AA to me right now.

I'd have him as an All-American. I had him as my #16 guy a couple weeks ago. But, he's remained consistent, while others have struggled a bit. I'd leapfrog him ahead of Sanogo, Carr, and TJD. So, that would make him my #13 guy, safely on as a 3rd Team All-American. Wouldn't be surprising if others value him a little higher, though.

Ugh I had a full list of top plays from last week that I wrote down - and the document went unsaved. Spacing out on most of them.

Never really been a Bama fan before, but I love Brandon Miller's game so much. This stepback is filthy.

Tshiebwe. Skills.

Kario Oquendo. Best dunker in all of college basketball.

PJ Hall, with the emphatic block. This clip was from today's game against Georgia Tech. All the rest were from last week.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Was looking for this Andre Jackson steal/dunk, which was so certainly nice.

But, that search led me to this play, which I think is much more impressive.

Here are some more recent highlights.

Tyson Walker knows how to get separation.

Pell Larsson,with authority.

Not bad, A&T. Not bad.

Several shots made by Boog Ellis against UCLA last night. He knows how to create. 31 points. I think my favorite was the stepback against Jaquez when they were up 56-54.

Devo Davis. Beautiful pass. He also had a really sweet euro step in the final minute. Can't find that clip, though.

Jared Bynum. Clutch. Stopping on a dime and losing his defender.

Love this play by Larsson. Makes the cut, avoids the charge, and sets Ballo up perfectly for the jam.

Kind of cool to see this shot zoomed out a bit, where you can capture more of the atmosphere. Very, very difficult game-winning shot by Aidan Mahaney.

And here's what it looked like on what tv.

Dillon Freaking Mitchell

Emphatic block.

Steal, pass, and the finish. Beautiful.

And to think Georgetown almost had a 2-game winning streak in Big East play.

Steven Ashworth! Love this pass. The finish wasn't bad, either.

I'm going to give these two clips a separate post, just because they're too good to be lumped in with everyone else.

Not sure who the best dunker in the country is, but Ricky Council is right up there with Kario Oquendo. Gotta imagine this will be one of the best dunks of the season.

Finishing a game in style.

Marciulinois. Smooth AF. The son of Sarunas, if you remember him. Just wish this clip had audio.

Dude was a wanting a highlight, so we'll give it to him.

Tubelis was playing like the best player in the country last night. Beautiful dime from Ramey.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Aidan Mahaney! Love this dude! He was on fire during the late stages of the Gonzaga-SMC game. Here's a collection of some of those buckets/assists.

Emphatic block followed by a beautiful outlet and dunk. Before Sallis rejected Logan Johnson, SMC's also had their own emphatic block. It was quite a sequence: authoritative block, outlet pass, another authoritative block, outlet pass - and then the dunk.

Home run pass, followed by the jam. Indiana sealed the win over #1 Purdue.

TJD could have a montage of highlights every game. He had quite a few dunks. My favorite play, however, may have been this blocked shot; he almost grabbed the ball in the air.

Sir'Jabari Rice's shot fake is filthy.

Dajuan Harris with the beautiful bounce pass.

Reactions: KisteK
We've had 3 pretty terrific buzzer-beaters the last two nights. The Nevada/New Mexico game had me a little dejected because I invested a lot energy rooting for New Mexico. At first glance, it looked off... the ball hung on the rim forever! Great wins for all 3 teams.

Reactions: boilerzz
I watched maybe half of this game (sad, I know). One of the strangest plays I've seen happened in the 2nd half. I'm sure this has happened before, I've just never seen it. The alley-oop pass goes in for a 3-pointer!

Bad pass? ... or excellent shot?

Hah didn't even catch this when I was watching it. But, the play-by-play guy says, "bad..." as in to say "bad pass." But, he corrects himself, "Bad... Oh! It goes in!"

ADVERTISEMENT